By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Game Informer Reviews Super Mario Galaxy 2

Wagram said:
Snesboy said:

Obviously you haven't read GI's scores of Nintendo games in say....a decade.

Obviously I don't really care. 9.25 is a good score. There is no reason to complain.

But I love bitching!

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
Oh my god, Game Informer gave different scores than I agree with. They must be worthless.

Bah.

I don't think that's really everyones attitude to be honest.  I think 9.25 is a fine score but I still think GI sucks.  It's because of the reviews themselves and how they score other games (not just because I disagree with them but because of an obvious trend.)  As a magazine they're boring, uninformative, and close-minded towards anything new.  That's why I dislike them and it seems to be the same for most people, it has nothing to do with how they treat Nintendo or any other company for that matter.

You know, in this thread, more people are bitching about people bitching about the score than there are people actually bitching about the score... If I didn't know any better, I would say some of you aren't reading the posts you are accusing! (GASP) (Monocle falls down into my drink)

So let me take a minute and sum up this thread so that you don't have to read as much. No one is complaining about the 9.25, we ALL agree its a good score. There has been questions about the MH3 score, and the RDR2 score, but that's a different topic altogether.What people are complaining about en masse, is the general attitude, history and business practices of Game Informer magazine. So if you want to complain about people complaining, complain about that, not what you are imagining people are complaining about.

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Check out my daily drawings here and help keep me on task!

i think the butthurt here are the other scores listed, not SMG2.

mrjuju said:

You know, in this thread, more people are bitching about people bitching about the score than there are people actually bitching about the score... If I didn't know any better, I would say some of you aren't reading the posts you are accusing! (GASP) (Monocle falls down into my drink)

So let me take a minute and sum up this thread so that you don't have to read as much. No one is complaining about the 9.25, we ALL agree its a good score. There has been questions about the MH3 score, and the RDR2 score, but that's a different topic altogether.What people are complaining about en masse, is the general attitude, history and business practices of Game Informer magazine. So if you want to complain about people complaining, complain about that, not what you are imagining people are complaining about.

Complaining at those who complain about complaining because they complain about the complains that ... complain.... complain....... ARGH....

Around the Network
Wagram said:
Snesboy said:
Wagram said:
dtewi said:
*skips review*

Gameinformer is a pile of shit, I don't care what they say.

I know right. 9.25 is such a low score.

Obviously you haven't read GI's scores of Nintendo games in say....a decade.

Obviously I don't really care. 9.25 is a good score. There is no reason to complain.

I was not considering their review when I said that, GI sucks.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Too many good games out this May. I need more money.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Monster Hunter tri 7 wow.... Do they actually pay reviewers to write those things?

Gnizmo said:
big_boss said:

Yeah well what I'm reading is GI sucks and its a double standard and GI's a pile of shit and reviewer will bash Nintendo for ect. What would you call that? Because I call that bitching.

People are bitching about GI sucking because it does. Notice the people saying the Lost Planet 2 review is way to high? Or questioning the Monster Hunter Tri review? The magazine is worthless garbage designed to sell you to advertisers. It is almost laughable to think there might be any journalistic integrity in any article in the thing.

Why do they suck? They along with Edge and 1UP gave a similar review score for MH3 for the same reasons and GI has some of the best previews then any other publication. June issue had new info on Fallout New Vegas, Gears of War 3, LBP2 and Marvel vs Capcom 3. LP2 has a high score, but maybe its because he likes the game, you know like how people in this thread like MH3.

GamerTag/PSN ID JoshmyersBV (please add me I have 2 friends on Xbox Live)

big_boss said:

Why do they suck? They along with Edge and 1UP gave a similar review score for MH3 for the same reasons and GI has some of the best previews then any other publication. June issue had new info on Fallout New Vegas, Gears of War 3, LBP2 and Marvel vs Capcom 3. LP2 has a high score, but maybe its because he likes the game, you know like how people in this thread like MH3.

Because it has the journalistic integrity on par with that of the National Enquirer. The reviews are poorly written, and often the text wildly counters the "score." Games that are pushed heavily by Game Stop have, surprisingly, a history of getting ridiculously good scores. The reviews and articles themselves are amongst the worst written trash I have seen in any gaming magazine ever. The reasoning is often piss poor, basic facts entirely ignored, and comments that are entirely out of touch with reality are often trumpeted as stone cold fact. The magazine is nothing more than a marketing tool that Game Stop does its absolute best to make sure customers end up with.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229