By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - LittleBigPlanet 2 trailer!

Yes, Yes, Yes PS3 rules E3 confirmed

Around the Network

Well, I really liked the music - suited the trailer and felt LBP quirky.

LBP I felt was excellent so I'm in already - can't wait to see the next 2 million levels.

Given it appears BC with existing levels I'll be interested to know if you can edit stuff you built with LBP and expand it with LBP2? Sounds possible.

Time to start mapping out my own cute, mini RPG over 5 levels I guess...

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

o_o; So Sony revealed this before E3? >_>; What do they have in store for E3 that they can afford to reveal this now?

From the Eurogamer article linked a few posts back (thanks Rainbird!):

"So for everything from the crucial question of content discovery to the not-so-little matter of how Sackboy should move - short answer, the floaty jump should no longer be a problem, as you can tweak all aspects of his movements, from his stickiness to his inertia, in the Popit menu - you should expect a sequel that comes with plenty of new ideas, but has also had a lot of thought put into how it presents them to you. For the casuals, there will be dozens of things that they can get working in a few minutes; for the rest of us, there should be more than enough stuff to tinker with for hours on end."

"...the floaty jump should no longer be a problem, as you can tweak all aspects of his movements..."

"...the floaty jump should no longer be a problem..."

:p

wow looks good

Around the Network

The real question to me, right now, is where the camera gets put to allow those top-down game types.

It seems like the camera must be in the normal position (because players are moving smoothly in the x and y axis) but gravity has been tweaked so that it doesn't exist anymore. This would allow for object to move around based on other forces.

But those mice must be sackbots, their animations are so smooth -- so, is there some way to rotate sackbots so that we're seeing them from above, without moving the camera? Or are the mice and cars just 3D objects built from the perspective?

Whatever the answer to those questions is, if you can make those top down games, you can very likely make top down games like contra and legend of zelda. Which is amazing.

Also, with all these crazy perspective shifts and angles going on, they better have pretty robust Move support for builders! What if you can actually sculpt objects like those mice in 3D with move controllers! I wonder if any of the unrevealed power ups will use the move controller?

^^Because the only way to justify making a sequel is if you drastically upgrade the graphics. Who cares if you completely reinvent the gameplay.

KylieDog said:
Rainbird said:
KylieDog said:
LBP 1.5 more like. If existing levels work on it how different can it really be?

Wait, you're saying it doesn't look like a proper sequel because it has more of what was in the first game?

The new camera controls allow for many different types of gameplay (as seen in the trailer), the direct control seats allow for custom control schemes for everything and the microchips allow for much easier control over AI and mechanisms. Just to mention some of the new things.

Sounds like patch level stuff to be honest, few new gadgets and more control over camera angles.  I remember MM stating they wouldn't do a LBP2 and instead just build upon the first LBPs features.

Just found a link

http://ps3.nowgamer.com/news/1668/media-molecule-says-no-to-littlebigplanet-sequel

"LittleBigPlanet developer says a sequel would be 'missing the point'"

"not planning on a sequel on the grounds that such a thing would disrupt and undermine everything that’s great about LittleBigPlanet."

I really hope you didn't speak out against the people who disliked the idea of Left4Dead 2 then :P

--

Anyway, I'm pretty excited for this. Even if a level I make isn't as great as the amazing ones I've played (story or user created), it's still fun as hell to play and make your own creations.

KylieDog said:
Rainbird said:
KylieDog said:
LBP 1.5 more like. If existing levels work on it how different can it really be?

Wait, you're saying it doesn't look like a proper sequel because it has more of what was in the first game?

The new camera controls allow for many different types of gameplay (as seen in the trailer), the direct control seats allow for custom control schemes for everything and the microchips allow for much easier control over AI and mechanisms. Just to mention some of the new things.

Sounds like patch level stuff to be honest, few new gadgets and more control over camera angles.  I remember MM stating they wouldn't do a LBP2 and instead just build upon the first LBPs features.

Just found a link

http://ps3.nowgamer.com/news/1668/media-molecule-says-no-to-littlebigplanet-sequel

"LittleBigPlanet developer says a sequel would be 'missing the point'"

"not planning on a sequel on the grounds that such a thing would disrupt and undermine everything that’s great about LittleBigPlanet."

So, a game that continues to innovate, that continues its legacy of user-generated content, that allows you to carry over everything from LBP 1 = "meh"

while Halowarszone: modern warfare resistance 17 for many people is "jizz in my pants"? Go figure.

that looks amazing :D

Leliana: You aren't all stone, Shale. There is a person inside of you.
Shale: If so, it is because I ate him.