By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - LittleBigPlanet 2 trailer!

KylieDog said:
Rainbird said:
KylieDog said:
LBP 1.5 more like. If existing levels work on it how different can it really be?

Wait, you're saying it doesn't look like a proper sequel because it has more of what was in the first game?

The new camera controls allow for many different types of gameplay (as seen in the trailer), the direct control seats allow for custom control schemes for everything and the microchips allow for much easier control over AI and mechanisms. Just to mention some of the new things.

Sounds like patch level stuff to be honest, few new gadgets and more control over camera angles.  I remember MM stating they wouldn't do a LBP2 and instead just build upon the first LBPs features.

Just found a link

http://ps3.nowgamer.com/news/1668/media-molecule-says-no-to-littlebigplanet-sequel

"LittleBigPlanet developer says a sequel would be 'missing the point'"

"not planning on a sequel on the grounds that such a thing would disrupt and undermine everything that’s great about LittleBigPlanet."

And they later said the new stuff is too big for a patch. And LBP2 will help expand LBP massively without creating a big divide.

If this doesn't qualify for a sequel, then how much of a change must a game be before it is worthy of being a sequel? I'm pretty sure I've seen many games that changed less from sequel to sequel.

Around the Network

Imagine what Sony has for E3 if they reveal a game this big now....

Awesome.

KylieDog said:
LBP 1.5 more like. If existing levels work on it how different can it really be?

It would be akin to an expansion to an XML format.  You can keep the old stuff, and old format, but expand upon it with a lot of new features.

Here is the website:

http://www.littlebigplanet.com/en-gb/2/

Looks... awesome!

*stars getting hyped*

Thatmax said:
Wow!

This game is gonna turn millions of people into game designers. Can't bloody wait!

MILLIONS?  Ugh, that doesn't sound good.  How about MILLIONS of users, and a few hundred that create some awesome stuff? 

Around the Network

Looks like a lot of fun.

I do hope that there are no trophies for level creation, or having your levels hearted. The number of stupid trophy whoring levels in LBP was insane. Screw the people who just flooded the system with garbage levels so they could get a few trophies. MM can avoid these shitty levels by removing trophy rewards for number of plays or hearts.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

KylieDog said:

I do respect some of the things you have said on VG but this I really disagree with.

1) 0:34 look at the size of that selection list, so much more content has been added to the game.
2) 0:51 the more inteligent creatures you can create, even flying ones.
3) 0:54 Digital puppetry, look at that line of robotic sack boys.
4) 1:06 not only can you make levels now, but whole games where your levels link to others.
5) 1:09 This racing in cars is a totaly new idea and all the mini games, it almost changes the style of the game.
6) 1:31 looks like there riding rats?
7) 1:39 the lighting improvments made on the game are fantastic

None of those things have been done on LBP before so I suggest you watch the trailer again

Sold, unless: They end up being oppressive with the removing of levels, or has major bug issues.

this looks amazing
im so glad there keeping all the levels from the first game because i aint got a ps3 yet and was thinking i would have to buy both games.

End of 2012 prediction:

xbox 360 : 73-75 million  playstation 3 : 72-74 million  wii : 104-105 million 

Most hyped for :

Bioshock: infinte, The Last Of Us, Alan Wake's American Nightmare and Agent

AWESOME...but maybe too early...LBP 1 still sells great but after LBP2 it gonna stop...and you dont know how big LBP2 is gonna be...maybe it gets more deserving sales...lets see...