By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - America is UP !! (May 1st, 2010)

So PS3 is barely ahead in world sales. Nevertheless, both consoles are selling very poorly...

Around the Network

Maybe people are waiting for the BLACK WII

my feeling is that VGChartz overtracked PS3 last month, mainly because of supply issues that made the tracking hard to do and this month the site has corrected its numbers too much and I feel that when NPD comes out we will realize PS3 is 10% undertracked for this month....

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Bleh, hardware is weak.. particularly for Wii (compared to what it's capable of), less than 100k.. Galaxy 2 and the black Wii bundle can't get here soon enough. PSP is virtually dead in the US.

MH3 NA below MH3 Others is weird, but the sales were slightly above what I expected anyways so good stuff.

360 going below 100k sometime soon will be weird. I do not like these low-ass numbers.
Sales, although low, appear to be starting the trend of Wii>HD again. Either way, Ihate em.

PSP is embarrassing. If it is going to sell that low, we might as well put PS2 back on the charts. PRICE CUT!!!!

Congrats to GOW3 and Heavy Rain.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

The title should have been "America is DOWN!!"

Good heavens, those poor PSP sales. Sony needs to give those bad boys a price drop stat!

Man, just a few weeks ago we were seeing PS3 where we're seeing the Wii now. Spring is video game's worst enemy confirmed. X(

Buzzi said:
Gojimaster said:
Maybe the impending black Wii bundle is slowing people down Wii sales right now.

I would expect to see a big surge in Wii sales in a couple weeks once the new bundle numbers come first come in.

I'm sure Black Wii will give a little boost to Wii, but this is not the cause why it felt by 20k, we saw a WW decrease of about 20k (from 180k to 160) when it had the price cut, it's impossible a new color has the same effect and in one single region. Anyway I wasn't expecting this, maybe MH3 is selling some hardware in Others, I don't understand how it's possible that Wii's selling that well compared to Americas (Wii's biggest market).

Well aren't they also going to be releasing the regular white Wii including the same bundle items (WSR, WM+) that the Black Wii bundle has except in white of course, at the same $199 price. According to Amazon, that White Wii bundle will be available for purchase on the same day as the Black Wii bundle.

I don't know about you, but if I was going to buy a Wii (white or black) I would definitely wait until the bundle deals are released on May 9th, as you'd pretty much be getting a free copy of WSR and WM+. It makes sense that sales would be down until the bundles are released in NA.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

(Others) EU > US

smbu2000 said:
Buzzi said:
Gojimaster said:
Maybe the impending black Wii bundle is slowing people down Wii sales right now.

I would expect to see a big surge in Wii sales in a couple weeks once the new bundle numbers come first come in.

I'm sure Black Wii will give a little boost to Wii, but this is not the cause why it felt by 20k, we saw a WW decrease of about 20k (from 180k to 160) when it had the price cut, it's impossible a new color has the same effect and in one single region. Anyway I wasn't expecting this, maybe MH3 is selling some hardware in Others, I don't understand how it's possible that Wii's selling that well compared to Americas (Wii's biggest market).

Well aren't they also going to be releasing the regular white Wii including the same bundle items (WSR, WM+) that the Black Wii bundle has except in white of course, at the same $199 price. According to Amazon, that White Wii bundle will be available for purchase on the same day as the Black Wii bundle.

I don't know about you, but if I was going to buy a Wii (white or black) I would definitely wait until the bundle deals are released on May 9th, as you'd pretty much be getting a free copy of WSR and WM+. It makes sense that sales would be down until the bundles are released in NA.

The official news is of 3rd May, it can't be the main reason why the sales as of 1st May are down. I don't know what to say, those sales seem strange but the fall of Wii last year was similar: great sales until March, then just down, down, down...I hope to not see a bad holiday as the last one, when Wii felt under 200k for many weeks! But looking to these sales makes it probable...

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

Ps3 is below 50K...what!

Jan - march spoilt us in hardware sales, everything is dropping now

Software is good atleast:

GO FF13 PS3 (> 1 Million in NA) & increased in sales week over week...excellent holds, Unfortunately I can't say the same about the 360 versions sales (they are good but no-one expected such big gaps in NA)

GO GOW3 - OUTLEGGING ALL PREVIOUS ONES

GO HEAVY RAIN - Nuff said

Wow @ NIER xbox 360 sales....so close to Ps3 version, excellent performance by it

SSSSSSFIV debuted higher on Ps3....was this expected?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey