By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PSP will sell more tha GBA in japan ltd ???

Cross-X said:
TWRoO said:
Pretty easily.

Should top SNES too.... which shows tha tgaming really is moving to portables in Japan.

Software figures it will struggle to manage though.... GBA sold 73 million games in Japan, PSP is probably around 40 million.

Just a question. Is Privacy affecting the Jap PSP Software sales badly and hence significantly lower software sales in comparison to the GBA or is it because of not enough games and multimillion sellers on PSP in comparison to the GBA? I mean the GBA did have Mario and Pokemon back then REALLY helped.

lol privacy xD

Its like you said because of Pokemon & Mario, i mean Pokemon games alone sold more than 10 millions

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Around the Network
nen-suer said:
Cross-X said:
TWRoO said:
Pretty easily.

Should top SNES too.... which shows tha tgaming really is moving to portables in Japan.

Software figures it will struggle to manage though.... GBA sold 73 million games in Japan, PSP is probably around 40 million.

Just a question. Is Privacy affecting the Jap PSP Software sales badly and hence significantly lower software sales in comparison to the GBA or is it because of not enough games and multimillion sellers on PSP in comparison to the GBA? I mean the GBA did have Mario and Pokemon back then REALLY helped.

lol privacy xD

Its like you said because of Pokemon & Mario, i mean Pokemon games alone sold more than 10 millions

lolz fixed :D!

Yeh thought so. Pokemon was just phenomenal! Still is!

Cross-X said:
TWRoO said:
Pretty easily.

Just a question. Is Piracy affecting the Jap PSP Software sales badly and hence significantly lower software sales in comparison to the GBA or is it because of not enough games and multimillion sellers on PSP in comparison to the GBA? I mean the GBA did have Mario and Pokemon back then REALLY helped.

In Japan?  PSP has almost as many million sellers as GBA did (3 so far to 5), and they're all either Pokemon, Mario or Monster Hunter.

Also, GBA piracy was RAMPANT.  As bad or worse than PSP, given you could fit near every GBA game ever made on a single DVD-ROM and it's advanced state of emulation (basically from launch) meant you didn't even need to own a GBA to play them.

3DS does gangbusters in Japan, then the answer is no. Anyhow, if this trend is true, that explains why the 3DS was announced.

PSP will outsell every nintendo product except DS,Wii, and Original GameBoy

Around the Network
pizzahut451 said:

In Japan?  It'll definitely outsell Wii, maybe GBA, possibly SFC if there no PSP2 in the next year, but probably not FC.  GB & DS are untouchable, no PlayStation system will ever come close to either.

Worldwide, it won't match GBA, or anything higher (GB, DS, Wii).

makingmusic476 said:
Carl2291 said:
I thought i posted here but... I didn't.

Weird.

Anyway, i expect a huge PSP pricecut at E3. They NEED to do something to try get it selling well again.

Pricecut + Bundles + PSP 4000? + MHF3 = SALES!!!

I think one of the PSP's biggest issues is price.  It has had only one price drop since release.  Drop the PSP to $139, drop the bundles to $169, and bundle the Go with a game at $199 and I think it'd be doing much better.  Since early last year the system has been getting a pretty steady supply of both first party games and Japanese titles, so library isn't the issue it once was.

I think we'll see a price cut sometime this year, possibly at GamesCom.  They'll probably lower the price in preparation for the PSP2 if nothing else.

You can't argue that it's only about the price(besides maybe the Go). I'm not sure about the OG DS, but the DS Lite/DSi and DSi LL(XL) have not had ANY pricecuts in Japan. The price of PSP 3000 after the 3,000 yen pricecut last year is 16,800 yen. The price of the DS Lite is still 16,800 yen! They're the same exact price!(although at Amazon JP you can get the PSP for a few yen cheaper than a DS Lite)

I bought my DS Lite in 2007 and it's still selling for the same price!

Anyway, another question I'm curious about is if the DS can double the GBA sales in Japan. If the GBA is at ~16.7 million (as somebody else stated) then the DS (currently at 30.32 million VGC#'s) would need just over 3 million more sales. The 3DS might cut into sales, but the DS should still sell well after the 3DS release. It has a good chance of doing it, IMO.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

jarrod said:
pizzahut451 said:

In Japan?  It'll definitely outsell Wii, maybe GBA, possibly SFC if there no PSP2 in the next year, but probably not FC.  GB & DS are untouchable, no PlayStation system will ever come close to either.

PSP will easly top GBA if sony cuts the price and keeps it on market for a while

pizzahut451 said:
jarrod said:
pizzahut451 said:

PSP will easly top GBA if sony cuts the price and keeps it on market for a while

Doubt it.  It just doesn't move enough units ww anymore.  Besides, we'll probably have PSP2 launch this year.

How about software? How much games has each platform sold? Any chance PSP will outsell GBA's SW totals?

*Edit, nevermind, I didn't read the whole thread, seems like no chance in hell of that ever happening.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046