By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Kasz216 said:
ShadowSoldier said:
Kasz216 said:
ShadowSoldier said:
Kasz216 said:
thelifatree said:
Hmm, thread.
My favorite team is the Jazz by a lot. but they are going to lose unless millsap and boozer can grow 6 inches :( :( :( cheer me up?
Bah, bah

My second favorite is the suns cause I live in Arizona. They are doing good I am happy. Dragic was so aweful last year... even not considering todays game, it's amazing how far he's come.

Utah won't win until Boozer leaves.  The sports gods don't take kindly to people who con 70 year old blind guys.

Luckily he probably won't be around much longer and be overpaid by some mediocre team with cap space.

I could see the Knicks giving him the max if they miss out on the Lebron/Wade/Bosh sweepstakes.

Utah will end up better for it. they'll be able to sign some good midlevel talent and chemistry guys with that money.

Another big thing to cheer you up?  Utah owns the Knicks 2010 draft pick.

Think if they get number 1?   You already have D-Will so you can trade down to like 4-8 get some great players and STILL draft a premiere big man.

Heck even if you don't get 1... you're going to sign a great replacement for Boozer for dirt cheap.

I have a feeling if Bosh leaves Raptors will sign Boozer.....Man I hate our organization

I doubt that... I think Boozer will command the Maximium from someone... and I think the Raptors will offer the Max to Bosh.  I may be wrong but I see the Raptors like the Cavs.  Completely unwilling to allow a Sign and Trade because their fans would revolt otherwise.

At the beginning of next year I expect Bosh and Lebron to be where they are.   Wade I'm not so sure about... the Heat have MAJOR attendence issues and probably wouldn't be against a sign and trade if Wade demanded it.

You know if this was two weeks ago. I'd agree with you. The fanbase here in Toronto wanted Bosh to stay, we were praying and begging and pleading with the man. But the Toronto media has put a negative spin to several of Chris Bosh's tweets and now the fanbase has been split between wanting to keep him and just outright getting rid of him, sign and trade or just letting him walk. Me personally? I want him to stay, we just missed the playoffs and that was due to Bosh getting injuried twice. Also, I don't know why but every Heat fan seems to think there is no way possible that Wade is leaving...I don't see him staying unless he gets some fuckin help. I'll say this. If the Raptors made it to 5th seed, they wouldn't have gotten beat like that. Maybe in 6 or 7 games but not 5.

Every heat fan expects him to stay because they figure the quality of life issues will outweigh wanting to win.  No income tax and nice weather year round? 

I wouldn't rule out Chicago though, hometown + legitamite shot to win every year.  The Heat will have to be active early to keep Wade.

As for Toronto... that's sad news wasn't aware of the situation there.  Sounds like the city getting up his guard that he might leave may actually cause him to leave.  I blame the national media... (or I guess internationl?) in saying that he was definitly going to leave.

You're right, this may just be the thing that pushes him over the edge. I just hope that if he leaves, we can do a sign and trade and get some pieces to build around. Many Raps fans actually want Bryan Colangelo(Our GM) to try and do a Sign and Trade for Andrew Bynum. I personally see us scoring either Beasley, Oden or Bynum. As long as we don't get screwed again just like we did for Vince Carter.

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Around the Network
ShadowSoldier said:
Kasz216 said:
ShadowSoldier said:
Kasz216 said:
ShadowSoldier said:
Kasz216 said:
thelifatree said:
Hmm, thread.
My favorite team is the Jazz by a lot. but they are going to lose unless millsap and boozer can grow 6 inches :( :( :( cheer me up?
Bah, bah

My second favorite is the suns cause I live in Arizona. They are doing good I am happy. Dragic was so aweful last year... even not considering todays game, it's amazing how far he's come.

Utah won't win until Boozer leaves.  The sports gods don't take kindly to people who con 70 year old blind guys.

Luckily he probably won't be around much longer and be overpaid by some mediocre team with cap space.

I could see the Knicks giving him the max if they miss out on the Lebron/Wade/Bosh sweepstakes.

Utah will end up better for it. they'll be able to sign some good midlevel talent and chemistry guys with that money.

Another big thing to cheer you up?  Utah owns the Knicks 2010 draft pick.

Think if they get number 1?   You already have D-Will so you can trade down to like 4-8 get some great players and STILL draft a premiere big man.

Heck even if you don't get 1... you're going to sign a great replacement for Boozer for dirt cheap.

I have a feeling if Bosh leaves Raptors will sign Boozer.....Man I hate our organization

I doubt that... I think Boozer will command the Maximium from someone... and I think the Raptors will offer the Max to Bosh.  I may be wrong but I see the Raptors like the Cavs.  Completely unwilling to allow a Sign and Trade because their fans would revolt otherwise.

At the beginning of next year I expect Bosh and Lebron to be where they are.   Wade I'm not so sure about... the Heat have MAJOR attendence issues and probably wouldn't be against a sign and trade if Wade demanded it.

You know if this was two weeks ago. I'd agree with you. The fanbase here in Toronto wanted Bosh to stay, we were praying and begging and pleading with the man. But the Toronto media has put a negative spin to several of Chris Bosh's tweets and now the fanbase has been split between wanting to keep him and just outright getting rid of him, sign and trade or just letting him walk. Me personally? I want him to stay, we just missed the playoffs and that was due to Bosh getting injuried twice. Also, I don't know why but every Heat fan seems to think there is no way possible that Wade is leaving...I don't see him staying unless he gets some fuckin help. I'll say this. If the Raptors made it to 5th seed, they wouldn't have gotten beat like that. Maybe in 6 or 7 games but not 5.

Every heat fan expects him to stay because they figure the quality of life issues will outweigh wanting to win.  No income tax and nice weather year round? 

I wouldn't rule out Chicago though, hometown + legitamite shot to win every year.  The Heat will have to be active early to keep Wade.

As for Toronto... that's sad news wasn't aware of the situation there.  Sounds like the city getting up his guard that he might leave may actually cause him to leave.  I blame the national media... (or I guess internationl?) in saying that he was definitly going to leave.

You're right, this may just be the thing that pushes him over the edge. I just hope that if he leaves, we can do a sign and trade and get some pieces to build around. Many Raps fans actually want Bryan Colangelo(Our GM) to try and do a Sign and Trade for Andrew Bynum. I personally see us scoring either Beasley, Oden or Bynum. As long as we don't get screwed again just like we did for Vince Carter.

I don't know... I don't like any of those options.

Bynum I think is just the player he's going to be at this point.

Beasly has been a BIG disapointment...

and Oden, MIGHT be ok, but he's so fragile.

The Bynum trade never made much sense to me if only because you've then made the Lakers pretty much unstoppable anyway.  You won't be able to ever win a championship.

Kasz216 said:
ShadowSoldier said:
RONDO!!!! man as a Shaq fan im happy dude got 17pts...but Rondo just scorched the Cavs....

I'd be concerned if I were the Celtics.  Both of their wins came off of flukey performances from one player.  Rondo was playing out of his mind, but everyone else is going to have to pick it up if they want to win the series.  Rondo may not have another game like that the rest of his career.

Rondo's performances have definitely not been flukey as he has been known for getting triple doubles since last years playoffs.....will he ever have as much rebounds as tonight? Probably not , but he can give you at least 20-10-10 at any given night.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

jesus kung fu magic said:
Kasz216 said:
ShadowSoldier said:
RONDO!!!! man as a Shaq fan im happy dude got 17pts...but Rondo just scorched the Cavs....

I'd be concerned if I were the Celtics.  Both of their wins came off of flukey performances from one player.  Rondo was playing out of his mind, but everyone else is going to have to pick it up if they want to win the series.  Rondo may not have another game like that the rest of his career.

Rondo's performances have definitely not been flukey as he has been known for getting triple doubles since last years playoffs.....will he ever have as much rebounds as tonight? Probably not , but he can give you at least 20-10-10 at any given night.

His game tonight was one of the best games a player has had in celtics history.  Like hell it wasn't a fluke.

It's not about a triple double.  It's about the kind of Triple Double it was.  If he would of had a "regular" triple double, they would of lost.

Kasz216 said:
Kasz216 said:
ShadowSoldier said:

His game tonight was one of the best games a player has had in celtics history.  Like hell it wasn't a fluke.

It's not about a triple double.  It's about the kind of Triple Double it was.  If he would of had a "regular" triple double, they would of lost.

Rondo has broken numerous boston records this season.....he is a premier pg in the NBA and is the best pg in the playoffs. Again I dont think this would be a fluke considering all his accolades but it was definitely his greatest night as an NBA player.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
Kasz216 said:
ShadowSoldier said:

Rondo has broken numerous boston records this season.....he is a premier pg in the NBA and is the best pg in the playoffs. Again I dont think this would be a fluke considering all his accolades but it was definitely his greatest night as an NBA player.

Best Point Guard in the playoffs... not named Deron Williams or Steve Nash.

Best PG in the playoffs?  What are you on?

Given the choice the Celtics would swap Rondo for either.

Kasz216 said:
Kasz216 said:
Kasz216 said:
ShadowSoldier said:

Rondo this season 13.7 and 9.8.

Deron Williams 18.7 and 10.5

Nash 16.5 and 11.

You either gotta be a Celtics fan or have some serious East Coast bias to say Rondo is the best PG in the playoffs.  Rondo tends to do amazing for a half then disapear.

I said in the playoffs.....not in the regular season which are the stats you provided about rondo and I am not only talking about this playoffs but also including last years playoffs as well.

And this isnt bias I am speaking from , rondo is doing what he is while not even being the leader on his team as nash and d.will are.

He beats both of them in assists , steals , and rebound.....what more do you want?

Kasz216 said:
Kasz216 said:
Kasz216 said:
ShadowSoldier said:

Nash 16.5 and 11.

You either gotta be a Celtics fan or have some serious East Coast bias to say Rondo is the best PG in the playoffs.  Rondo tends to do amazing for a half then disapear.

I said in the playoffs.....not in the regular season which are the stats you provided about rondo and I am not only talking about this playoffs but also including last years playoffs as well.

And this isnt bias I am speaking from , rondo is doing what he is while not even being the leader on his team as nash and d.will are.

He beats both of them in assists , steals , and rebound.....what more do you want?

He's currently playing better in the playoffs.  That doesn't make him the best PG in the playoffs.  Nash or D-Will would destroy Rondo 1 on 1.

Rondo has been up against Mo Williams and... who even is the PG on the Heat?  I can't even name him.

Carlos Arroyo?

That's why the regular season stats mean more.  The level of competition is more even.

Now, D-Will... he played his first round vs Chauncy Billups.  And while he's got Fisher this round... he's being guarded by Kobe a lot.

Nash was against Tony Parker and Andre Miller. 

A bit of a talent difference as far as competition.

Kasz216 said:
Kasz216 said:
Kasz216 said:
Kasz216 said:
ShadowSoldier said:

Nash 16.5 and 11.

He's currently playing better in the playoffs.  That doesn't make him the best PG in the playoffs.  Nash or D-Will would destroy Rondo 1 on 1.

Rondo has been up against Mo Williams and... who even is the PG on the Heat?  I can't even name him.

Carlos Arroyo?

That's why the regular season stats mean more.  The level of competition is more even.

Now, D-Will... he played his first round vs Chauncy Billups.  And while he's got Fisher this round... he's being guarded by Kobe a lot.

Nash was against Tony Parker and Andre Miller.

A bit of a talent difference as far as competition.

The bolded is where you are wrong as rondo is a FAR better defender than both of them (which is why he is an NBA-first all defensive and neither of them are even close in the votings) and in basketball defense outweighs offense especially in a one on one situation.

There are players who play much better in the post-season than they do in the regular.....

Rondo is NEVER defended one on one while slashing , which is what he always does since he doesnt have a jumpshot...... and also in todays basketball, rarely is a player who is a threat is played with no help.....so your whole point doesnt really add up when rondo is facing the 3rd best defensive team in the playoff's this series.

What a meltdown by the San Antonio Spurs... 0-4 sweep. Mark Cuban must be kicking himself right now.