By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Smeags said:
What a meltdown by the San Antonio Spurs... 0-4 sweep. Mark Cuban must be kicking himself right now.

Mark Cuban owns the Dallas Mavericks.....but I always love the thought of that guy angry.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

Around the Network
jesus kung fu magic said:
Smeags said:
What a meltdown by the San Antonio Spurs... 0-4 sweep. Mark Cuban must be kicking himself right now.

Mark Cuban owns the Dallas Mavericks.....but I always love the thought of that guy angry.

Exactly.

He's gotta be thinking "Man! At least we could have won one game against the Suns! Ragarawrarwa!"

And as for the angry part, I definitely agree.

Smeags said:

As I mentioned earlier, everything changed for Spurs after Mau's nose got whacked. His 3 point shots were so off and he shot under 40% in the 8 games. As Manu goes, Spurs go and no one stepped up in Suns series like Hill in Mavs series.

As for Raptors, I didn't want Bosh to resign before and certainly don't want him to resign now even all these twitter stuff. My buddies and I were thinking we shouldn't even do any sign and trade. Just lose Bosh and save the money. Suck for a year than go for the top draft pick. The pieces we would get from sign and trade are not gonna help us to win a championship and we'll end up being a low playoff seed with a big salary anyway as long as we have Hedo. Might as well save some money to start fresh.

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

Well....at least Boston and Cleveland realize this is the playoffs. Atlanta is next to be swept and Utah may pull one out of their ass to save their dignity. Maybe Jerry Sloan should tell them the youngest team in the NBA managed to beat the Lakers twice without any big men.

Just an overall lackluster semi final round.

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2

Kasz216 said:
Kasz216 said:
Kasz216 said:
Kasz216 said:
ShadowSoldier said:
RONDO!!!! man as a Shaq fan im happy dude got 17pts...but Rondo just scorched the Cavs....

I'd be concerned if I were the Celtics.  Both of their wins came off of flukey performances from one player.  Rondo was playing out of his mind, but everyone else is going to have to pick it up if they want to win the series.  Rondo may not have another game like that the rest of his career.

Rondo's performances have definitely not been flukey as he has been known for getting triple doubles since last years playoffs.....will he ever have as much rebounds as tonight? Probably not , but he can give you at least 20-10-10 at any given night.

His game tonight was one of the best games a player has had in celtics history.  Like hell it wasn't a fluke.

It's not about a triple double.  It's about the kind of Triple Double it was.  If he would of had a "regular" triple double, they would of lost.

Rondo has broken numerous boston records this season.....he is a premier pg in the NBA and is the best pg in the playoffs. Again I dont think this would be a fluke considering all his accolades but it was definitely his greatest night as an NBA player.

Best Point Guard in the playoffs... not named Deron Williams or Steve Nash.

Best PG in the playoffs?  What are you on?

Rondo this season 13.7 and 9.8.

Deron Williams 18.7 and 10.5

Nash 16.5 and 11.

You either gotta be a Celtics fan or have some serious East Coast bias to say Rondo is the best PG in the playoffs.  Rondo tends to do amazing for a half then disapear.

I said in the playoffs.....not in the regular season which are the stats you provided about rondo and I am not only talking about this playoffs but also including last years playoffs as well.

And this isnt bias I am speaking from , rondo is doing what he is while not even being the leader on his team as nash and d.will are.

He beats both of them in assists , steals , and rebound.....what more do you want?

He's currently playing better in the playoffs.  That doesn't make him the best PG in the playoffs.  Nash or D-Will would destroy Rondo 1 on 1.

Rondo has been up against Mo Williams and... who even is the PG on the Heat?  I can't even name him.

Carlos Arroyo?

That's why the regular season stats mean more.  The level of competition is more even.

Now, D-Will... he played his first round vs Chauncy Billups.  And while he's got Fisher this round... he's being guarded by Kobe a lot.

Nash was against Tony Parker and Andre Miller.

A bit of a talent difference as far as competition.

The bolded is where you are wrong as rondo is a FAR better defender than both of them (which is why he is an NBA-first all defensive and neither of them are even close in the votings) and in basketball defense outweighs offense especially in a one on one situation.

There are players who play much better in the post-season than they do in the regular.....

Rondo is NEVER defended one on one while slashing , which is what he always does since he doesnt have a jumpshot...... and also in todays basketball, rarely is a player who is a threat is played with no help.....so your whole point doesnt really add up when rondo is facing the 3rd best defensive team in the playoff's this series.

I gurantee.  If boston were somehow aloud to trade Rondo for Nash or D-Will for the rest of the playoffs.  They would.  (assuming they got time to integrate them into the system.)

I gurantee that.

Around the Network

All I ask is for this one championship. Cleveland needs it so badly Please God give this poor Cavs fan just one championship.

hehehe

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

saicho said:
Smeags said:

As I mentioned earlier, everything changed for Spurs after Mau's nose got whacked. His 3 point shots were so off and he shot under 40% in the 8 games. As Manu goes, Spurs go and no one stepped up in Suns series like Hill in Mavs series.

As for Raptors, I didn't want Bosh to resign before and certainly don't want him to resign now even all these twitter stuff. My buddies and I were thinking we shouldn't even do any sign and trade. Just lose Bosh and save the money. Suck for a year than go for the top draft pick. The pieces we would get from sign and trade are not gonna help us to win a championship and we'll end up being a low playoff seed with a big salary anyway as long as we have Hedo. Might as well save some money to start fresh.

What? Just let him walk? THAT IS THE WORST POSSIBLE THING THAT CAN HAPPEN. You do realize that if he signs for max money and we trade him, we won't be responsible for his contract right? Letting him walk and we end up with no pieces we can build around in return would destroy us. It would just demolish us. Sign and trade him for a piece we can focus our attention around and some expiring contracts to match his 17-20M salary. We would lose the expiring contracts within a year, which would shed cap space and we would still be able to have a piece to build around. Raptors will also have a shit load of cap space for the 2011-2012 season as the following players become expirings next year

Reggie Evans (Trade Him or let him expire)
Marcus Banks (Trade Him or let him expire)
DeMar DeRozan (Resign for MLE)
Marco Beli (Trade Him or let him expire)
Sonny Weems (Resign based off his performance throughout the season)

There is also the huge chance Raps will probably tank this year and we'll be able to get another Lottery pick. If we trade for Beasly we will also be able to get the Pick we gave Miami for Shawn Marion back as well.

Also the thing about Hedo is that he wasn't used properly. Turk is more used to a Point-Forward position, where he has the ball in his hand the majority of the time on the court. He compliments Jarrett Jack well because Jack is a more of a slashing and scoring Point guard, however Jose and he have been at odds which has been detrimental to both this Organization, team and their stats. I say we also find someway to trade Jose Calderon and his outrageous contract.

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Creepy picture of the day goes to: Steve Nash

Zombie!

BoneArk said:

I think Cleveland beats Boston in 6, Boston can't stop LeBron or Moe Williams.

Orlando beats Atlanta in 7, I could see Atlanta winning this series if they can stop Howard,but, I don't see that happening. This should be a great series.

Los Angeles beats Utah in 6, Los Angeles always beats Utah in the playoffs and Utah are playing without Okur (out for playoffs) and Kililenko until game 3 maybe.

San Antonio beats Phoenix in 6, San Antonio beat a hot Dallas team and I think their experience will help them beat Phoenix. 

Eastern Conference Finals: Cleveland beats Orlando in 7, if they can stop Dwight Howard.
Western Conference Finals: Los Angeles beats San Antonio in 7, I really hope I'm wrong on this one.

NBA Finals: I hope Cleveland wins it all, LeBron needs to prove he's a champion and needs to win championship now.

I'm rooting for Cleveland, Orlando, Atlanta and any team in the West besides LA. I just don't want Lakers in the Finals,but, I think they will be in the Finals anyway. Imagine Ron Artest guarding LeBron, I would love to see that.

Wow I was wrong in the Phoenix-San Antonio series. Orlando & Los Angeles I will be right. I picked Cleveland and I know they can beat Boston,but, Rondo is putting up some great numbers, he outplayed LeBron yesterday.

Kasz216 said:
Kasz216 said:
Kasz216 said:
Kasz216 said:
Kasz216 said:
ShadowSoldier said:
RONDO!!!! man as a Shaq fan im happy dude got 17pts...but Rondo just scorched the Cavs....

I'd be concerned if I were the Celtics.  Both of their wins came off of flukey performances from one player.  Rondo was playing out of his mind, but everyone else is going to have to pick it up if they want to win the series.  Rondo may not have another game like that the rest of his career.

Rondo's performances have definitely not been flukey as he has been known for getting triple doubles since last years playoffs.....will he ever have as much rebounds as tonight? Probably not , but he can give you at least 20-10-10 at any given night.

His game tonight was one of the best games a player has had in celtics history.  Like hell it wasn't a fluke.

It's not about a triple double.  It's about the kind of Triple Double it was.  If he would of had a "regular" triple double, they would of lost.

Rondo has broken numerous boston records this season.....he is a premier pg in the NBA and is the best pg in the playoffs. Again I dont think this would be a fluke considering all his accolades but it was definitely his greatest night as an NBA player.

Best Point Guard in the playoffs... not named Deron Williams or Steve Nash.

Best PG in the playoffs?  What are you on?

Rondo this season 13.7 and 9.8.

Deron Williams 18.7 and 10.5

Nash 16.5 and 11.

You either gotta be a Celtics fan or have some serious East Coast bias to say Rondo is the best PG in the playoffs.  Rondo tends to do amazing for a half then disapear.

I said in the playoffs.....not in the regular season which are the stats you provided about rondo and I am not only talking about this playoffs but also including last years playoffs as well.

And this isnt bias I am speaking from , rondo is doing what he is while not even being the leader on his team as nash and d.will are.

He beats both of them in assists , steals , and rebound.....what more do you want?

He's currently playing better in the playoffs.  That doesn't make him the best PG in the playoffs.  Nash or D-Will would destroy Rondo 1 on 1.

Rondo has been up against Mo Williams and... who even is the PG on the Heat?  I can't even name him.

Carlos Arroyo?

That's why the regular season stats mean more.  The level of competition is more even.

Now, D-Will... he played his first round vs Chauncy Billups.  And while he's got Fisher this round... he's being guarded by Kobe a lot.

Nash was against Tony Parker and Andre Miller.

A bit of a talent difference as far as competition.

The bolded is where you are wrong as rondo is a FAR better defender than both of them (which is why he is an NBA-first all defensive and neither of them are even close in the votings) and in basketball defense outweighs offense especially in a one on one situation.

There are players who play much better in the post-season than they do in the regular.....

Rondo is NEVER defended one on one while slashing , which is what he always does since he doesnt have a jumpshot...... and also in todays basketball, rarely is a player who is a threat is played with no help.....so your whole point doesnt really add up when rondo is facing the 3rd best defensive team in the playoff's this series.

I gurantee.  If boston were somehow aloud to trade Rondo for Nash or D-Will for the rest of the playoffs.  They would.  (assuming they got time to integrate them into the system.)

I gurantee that.

But you just admitted that rondo is playing better than both of them in the playoffs so how does that work?

Ignoring that however , Boston would never trade rondo for another PG. Boston is 2nd in defense in the playoffs so far and Rondo and KG are a big part of that......trading rondo(the best defensive pg in the league right now) for players who falter on the defensive end compared to him is laughable at best......rondo just gives you far more bang for your buck than either nash or williams right now.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!