By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I was hoping the suns would win, i kinda don't care who wins now.....

Playstation All-Stars is one of the best games I've played this gen, and is the most fun I've had in a game this gen.

Around the Network
ShadowSoldier said:
Tayne said:
ShadowSoldier said:
leo-j said:
@deathgod

Well then why isn't he MVP?

The MVP award is basically whoever is able to pat their Stats the best.

Pretty much this.  Every now and then it may go to the person that is the most important to a team's success.  Lebron can get triple doubles all year but his teammates will always be a bunch of Tito Jacksons.

Yup. To me the last person who truly deserved the MVP award was Shaq back in 2000. He won the MVP award, The Finals MVP award, Scoring Title, All Star Game MVP award and was 1st All NBA....damn thats dominat

I would arugue you don't have to go that far back and Duncan in 2003 is just as domiinating.

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

Baddman said:

i will say this again who told you coaches decide the mvp award? the mvp award is voted on by a panel of sportswriters and broadcasters...coaches nor player have no say in who the mvp is stop spreading false information

Is that all you got from my post....yes you are correct I was thinking about the all-star reserves voting process for some reason but w/e my point still stands.....

I still havent seen anyone explain why kobe is the best player in the game today.....or have all those points already been refuted by mine?

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

Tim Duncan is a fascinating player by the way...

well not AS a player... he's boring as rocks... but his place in history.

He IS the best PF in the history of basketball.

However, he is the best PF in the history of Basketball because he was drafted to a team with David Robinson.

Drafted to almost any other team and he would of been a center and behind the likes of Shaq and Bill Russel etc.

Kasz216 said:

Tim Duncan is a fascinating player by the way...

well not AS a player... he's boring as rocks... but his place in history.

He IS the best PF in the history of basketball.

However, he is the best PF in the history of Basketball because he was drafted to a team with David Robinson.

Drafted to almost any other team and he would of been a center and behind the likes of Shaq and Bill Russel etc.

Lol...you know you're quite right.

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Around the Network

@ kazsz seriously stop with all the what ifs, fact is you dont know what would happen if the situation was different. we can only comment on what happened anything else is pointless speculation

@jman i would argue lebron pads his stats big time...seriously how can u say lebron doesn't care about stats the guy handles the ball 90% of the time(which is part of the reason he gets the assist he does) while his teammates just stand...around if the ball is not in lebrons hands he is ineffective, he plays the pick and roll horribly..and seriously anyone saying this cleveland team didn't have good players are just making excuses..antwan jamisn is a proven 20 pt scorer in this league so is mo williams...anthony parker is a good shooter and old shaq>>>>most centers in the nba today seriously tho if anyone thinks lebron is unselfish and doesn't care about stats please explain this shirt ..lebron pads his stats no questions asked

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r_XQrmGlgE

and lmao@kobe needing to learn from lebron...who led been to three straight finals and while lebron been at home watching in which the past 2  seasons lebrons team was picked to win the championship

If you don't like speculation... you must not like Basketball that much.

Speculation, possibilties and What ifs? are the discussions real fans talk about because they know the game so well they can give likely scenarios.

Things like Tim Duncan being the best PF only because he couldn't be a center are integral to argueing the games best.

Speculation is the only way to accomplish such feats.

Besides, you appear to be a Lakers mark and a Kobe mark.

You do realize by your "No speculation" angle... that means you have to admit that a Celtic is the best player of all time.

That's right, not Jordan... Magic... no Kobe.

Best player of all time?   Bill Russel.

11 Championships.  Good luck argueing with that in a world without speculation about teams, rules, different eras and relative talent levels.

Not to mention he averaged something like 23 rebounds a game for his entire career.

Two as a player coach!

its not that i dont like the speculation but it seems people always try to discredit players with their what if he didnt play with so and so  totally neglecting that the team hadn't won shit prior to his arrival and continued winnin after david robinson retired and tim duncan did play powerforward those years after robinson retired and that team been through so many different roster changes while staying amongst the top of the leagueand made the playoffs every year ever since....also lol i might just be a little more touchy when ppl try to discredit duncan(home town representative)

Baddman said:

its not that i dont like the speculation but it seems people always try to discredit players with their what if he didnt play with so and so  totally neglecting that the team hadn't won shit prior to his arrival and continued winnin after david robinson retired and tim duncan did play powerforward those years after robinson retired and that team been through so many different roster changes while staying amongst the top of the leagueand made the playoffs every year ever since....also lol i might just be a little more touchy when ppl try to discredit duncan(home town representative)

It's nothing about discrediting Duncan... and everything about putting PF in the greater context of position value.

Put it this way... Compare Kobe Bryant to Tim Duncan.

Tim Duncan is the greatest power foward of all time.

Kobe Bryant is like... 3rd-5th best when it comes to shooting guards.  He ain't passing Jordan or Bird.  You'd be hard pressed to have him over Oscar Robertson.

Many people would say "Kobe doesn't deserve to be in the argument with Duncan because Duncan was the best PF in the leage... while Kobe is like the 3rd-5th best SG (Depending on how this series goes.))

However, if Tim Duncan ended up at C, like he was supposed to be drafted to play... he's probably the 3rd-5th best C out there.

Kareem and Russel go over him.  You could argue Wilt and Shaq respectivly as well.  Though Shaq does lack logevity it's hard to ignore his pure dominance when he was top.

PF just isn't loaded like C or SG.   You've got Duncan... then... Karl Malone?   Really?

It's the same with PG.

You've got Magic Johnson then a big drop off.

SF is even worse actually.  Your best SF is... Dr. J?     Then who?  Hell you could already argue Lebron James is the second best SF of all time and he doesn't even have a ring and still has half his career left.  Heck you could even make a half hearted arguement that he's already the best based on how poor Dr. J played in the NBA... his amazing years coming in the ABA which was second rate.

Of course there is always Elgin Baylor too.  Really SF is the weakest of the bunch.  Though I probably say this only because of my love of Magic Johnson. 

Who I'd actually argue deserves to be in that Number 1 spot over Jordan... because he was nearly as good as Jordan... but could play all 5 positions.

i see what you're saying... but wasn't larry bird a sf a? im 99% certain he was...dont forget barkley in the pf conversation and john stockton in the point guard position aswell plus also hakeem should be in the great centers conversation...still i see what you're saying...i guess im just so used to people always finding ways to discredit tim duncan