By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I am officially an ex playstation fanboy

deskpro2k3 said:
ohshutyourmouth said:

Let me get this straight. To make a long story short, I bought a 600 dollar ps3 in which i have over 30 games. I've been a playstation fanboy from back in the day with the ps one. I've got 62 ps2 games, and 43 ps one games. I dont know if any of you out there remember my screen name about me posting about when my ps3 broke the first time... (another long story in itself) my ps3 broke. YLOD, and my dog had died that week also and alot of really good pictures of her were on that hard drive. Sony reassured me to not send in my hard drive and that id rather wait until they could fix my original ps3 so i could be able to recover my data. Unfoturanatly i did not back up my data previously as i thought the PS3 was this system that could never break with a 10% failure rate compared to the 360's 50%. Well, i was returned with a ps3 that was even older than my original unit. Even thou it was still a 60 gigger. So, yeah i was pissed at sony but, as me bein interested in nothing unless it had the playstation brand name, i was still glad i paid the 190 dollars to get the ps3 fixed. Fast foward 32 days after getting the 2nd ps3 to me..... i go to turn it on and the YLOD is there. After 2 hours literally of playing phone tag with a manager at the sony hotline, she told me i was 2 days past my new warrannty and now i need to spend another 190 to get another one. I was infuriated and demanded to talk with someone even higher than her. She told me she cant give out that number unless its an emergency. I call this an emergency. I also told her that i need my data back on my drive. No matter what it takes, i dont care. And if i cant get the data, i want my ps3 shipped back to me, left unfixed because i put a bunch of songs i wrote on the "eyecreate"  with my band and was planning to back that data up but i didnt expect the ps3 to die within 32 days of a refurberished unit. She told me, sorry, theres no way of doing that b/c she has no control what the service center does. I than asked whats the number to the service center and she told me there is no number and that only corporate can talk to them directly. I told her all my situation, my past with playstation, how much MONEY ive spent with playstation, and she did not care. This my friends is a warning to you. Sony has lost another customer today, someone who has stupidly supported them even in their dark days. I will not ever buy another product from them again.

Dear lord,

This teaches me a lesson to never vent my fustration online to strangers. The guy is pouring his problems, and you guys turn into a pretty funny senerio. I was laughing my ass off when I saw this. Ofcourse, I would be crying if it were my PS3 that died.

Around the Network
kratos3390 said:
You know god gave man paragraphs for a reason...

This^

My eyes were hurting half way through. But all you have to do is keep asking or go to a third party for repair.

"Rainbird: Why don't Nintendo and Microsoft Copy the Sony Blog?

Bagenome:You can't shoot things on a blog, and babies can't read, so I don't think it would suit either one's target audience."

d21lewis said:
Honestly, do JRPG makers even realize how hard it is to save the world? That shit is impossible!

You can say that was his luck lol.

... to quote your own username

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
DraconianAC said:
deskpro2k3 said:
ohshutyourmouth said:

Let me get this straight. To make a long story short, I bought a 600 dollar ps3 in which i have over 30 games. I've been a playstation fanboy from back in the day with the ps one. I've got 62 ps2 games, and 43 ps one games. I dont know if any of you out there remember my screen name about me posting about when my ps3 broke the first time... (another long story in itself) my ps3 broke. YLOD, and my dog had died that week also and alot of really good pictures of her were on that hard drive. Sony reassured me to not send in my hard drive and that id rather wait until they could fix my original ps3 so i could be able to recover my data. Unfoturanatly i did not back up my data previously as i thought the PS3 was this system that could never break with a 10% failure rate compared to the 360's 50%. Well, i was returned with a ps3 that was even older than my original unit. Even thou it was still a 60 gigger. So, yeah i was pissed at sony but, as me bein interested in nothing unless it had the playstation brand name, i was still glad i paid the 190 dollars to get the ps3 fixed. Fast foward 32 days after getting the 2nd ps3 to me..... i go to turn it on and the YLOD is there. After 2 hours literally of playing phone tag with a manager at the sony hotline, she told me i was 2 days past my new warrannty and now i need to spend another 190 to get another one. I was infuriated and demanded to talk with someone even higher than her. She told me she cant give out that number unless its an emergency. I call this an emergency. I also told her that i need my data back on my drive. No matter what it takes, i dont care. And if i cant get the data, i want my ps3 shipped back to me, left unfixed because i put a bunch of songs i wrote on the "eyecreate"  with my band and was planning to back that data up but i didnt expect the ps3 to die within 32 days of a refurberished unit. She told me, sorry, theres no way of doing that b/c she has no control what the service center does. I than asked whats the number to the service center and she told me there is no number and that only corporate can talk to them directly. I told her all my situation, my past with playstation, how much MONEY ive spent with playstation, and she did not care. This my friends is a warning to you. Sony has lost another customer today, someone who has stupidly supported them even in their dark days. I will not ever buy another product from them again.

Dear lord,

This teaches me a lesson to never vent my fustration online to strangers. The guy is pouring his problems, and you guys turn into a pretty funny senerio. I was laughing my ass off when I saw this. Ofcourse, I would be crying if it were my PS3 that died.

Having problems doesn't break your enter key.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

Aw, I feel bad for your loss. Which is your dog :(

Everyone needs to play Lost Odyssey! Any opposition to this and I will have to just say, "If it's a fight you want, you got it!"

sorry about your dog.

Hmm... next time just repair it yourself...

Smashed said:
Cool story bro.

I was going to say that lol.

Anyway for real though just move on man.  You will survive.  Understand that things in life isn't perfect and never will be.

Sony still one of the best if not the best console makers ever.  Just buy a slim and make sure you back up your files.  Don't put your personal stuff on a PS3 unless you have copies.

Sorry to hear your dog died.