By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 Systems Are In Abundance Post Black Friday

leo-j said:
This is very good. The more ps3's in stock the bigger the clearance sales after the holidays.
Fixed.

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire

Around the Network

In Sweden/Stockholm what I see in stores is:
Ample supply of PS3 60 and 40GB (the bigger stores have piles)
Ample supply of XBOX360 (the bigger stores have piles, all except Elite which seems to be hard to find)
Some supply of Wii, you can still just go to just about any store and pick one up but they're not piling them up for display.

One of the weirdest places to look is at Media Markt, they always have huge, huge piles of just about any system. Looking at that place I'd say none of the systems are selling. ;)

dlundh

Fair and Balanced - Casual Gamer Extraordinaire

Girl Gamer Elite said:
Suddenly I'm getting flashback to this same time last november.

"Just you wait! The Ps3 will sell loads over the holidays!"

It didnt sell loads. But it has the possibility of outselling the 360 if it gets its act together in japan.

mM
DMeisterJ said:
Branko2166 said:
Let's wait for the vgchartz numbers to come in before we start analysing the sales.

Thank you. Someone sees a stack of a system and then automatically, it isn't selling. I love how that goes.

Gee sounds familiar. I seem to remember a bunch of people saying "oh I saw 5 wii's today it's dead mwahahah!!!" At least there's a pile of PS3's in provided photo compared to no photo and only a claim of a few... I dunno I don't like how it goes one way and not the other... I think we just need to stop being so concerned with how they're selling. In the end I have a feeling there's only space for 2 systems on a market Wii is almost a sure thing because it's different 360 seems favored in America PS3 seems favored in Europe and Japan.. Whichever has stronger sales faster, will get more developer support and thus the losing region(s) will adopt the others taste out of sheer necessity..(just a thought...)

souixan said:
DMeisterJ said:
Branko2166 said:
Let's wait for the vgchartz numbers to come in before we start analysing the sales.

Thank you. Someone sees a stack of a system and then automatically, it isn't selling. I love how that goes.

Gee sounds familiar. I seem to remember a bunch of people saying "oh I saw 5 wii's today it's dead mwahahah!!!" At least there's a pile of PS3's in provided photo compared to no photo and only a claim of a few... I dunno I don't like how it goes one way and not the other... I think we just need to stop being so concerned with how they're selling. In the end I have a feeling there's only space for 2 systems on a market Wii is almost a sure thing because it's different 360 seems favored in America PS3 seems favored in Europe and Japan.. Whichever has stronger sales faster, will get more developer support and thus the losing region(s) will adopt the others taste out of sheer necessity..(just a thought...)

I think you're wrong when saying its only place for 2 consoles. In my perspective the Wii isn't really the main target to beat from Sony/MS side, the Wii has so much diffrent things as you mentioned and its pretty cheap so I think alot of X360/PS3-owner own a Wii aswell, pretty much like the gamecube one the last gen, though the gamecube wasnt unique enough to attract as much clientbase as the other 2 consoles. I think that PS3 and Xbox360 won't have a problem being on the market at the same time, and if you check the from launchnumbers the PS3 is now, where the X360 were at the same time after their launch, MGS4, GT5* and FFXIII will turn things around for Sony and by late summer next year i think they'll be at around 27.5-30% of the market WW.

PSN: TrbSvns.

Around the Network

GM5? Gamemaster 5? new game :)

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies