By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 Systems Are In Abundance Post Black Friday

Peter Potamus said:
Well in my area (stores I made up) The PS3 Is in 10 story stacks and it seems no one is buying it. The Wii sold double of what the store had, again. The DS has sold out and the 360 has sold out. Lookin bad for the PS3.

Hell, at my store, there are so many PS3's you can't see in or outside of the store, in fact, there giving them away for free because no one is buying them! Crazy!

I'll take the case!!!

Around the Network
Harvey Birdman said:
Peter Potamus said:
Well in my area (stores I made up) The PS3 Is in 10 story stacks and it seems no one is buying it. The Wii sold double of what the store had, again. The DS has sold out and the 360 has sold out. Lookin bad for the PS3.

Hell, at my store, there are so many PS3's you can't see in or outside of the store, in fact, there giving them away for free because no one is buying them! Crazy!

I'll be honest, at two local EB Games stores, every console sold out. It just depends on where you live.

Didja get that thing I sentcha?

Deja Vu

Like I said before I am looking forward to the numbers like everyone else. This is just another article pointing out the surplus of the PS3 on this store though if you look online or local stores you can always find a PS3 not just the 40 gig but even the 60 gig which was supposed to have run in a few months yet still going strong LOL. Go find your own 360 surplus story or picture and by all means post it. Sony is saying as they been saying all year long that they keep selling tons of PS3's after such and such price drop etc but then the numbers come out and is dissapointing. By the way the increase in sales is more than likely attributed to the holidays and not the price drop or new sku or even software as the 360 is still cheaper and has a bigger library of games.  Hey I am all for competition and if the PS3 starts to do well then MS will just drop the price and there for get even more people to buy a 360.

Look, shopholders must place their bets too.
If they've experienced sloppy sales on the xbox they won't pre-order that many.
If they've experienced surging sales on the PS3 due to the price-cut, they pre-order more.

Also: how many ps3's were there when they opened the doors, and how many are there now ?
The same questions count for the Wii and the Xbox.

Around the Network
soup20000 said:
DMeisterJ said:
Always posting the Sony hate huh? So since this one store has a stack of PS3s, Sony is spreading BS? I went to BB on sat when I bought Rock Band and saw many a 360 stacked up also. SO, according to your picture, 360 isn't selling either.

You are ignorant.

Thank you so much for your insight into my "ignorance".  Glad you cared to elaborate.

"then MS will just drop the price and there for get even more people to buy a 360"

Even when they give them away for free, they can still shove it op their ****

Willem said:
Look, shopholders must place their bets too.
If they've experienced sloppy sales on the xbox they won't pre-order that many.
If they've experienced surging sales on the PS3 due to the price-cut, they pre-order more.

Also: how many ps3's were there when they opened the doors, and how many are there now ?
The same questions count for the Wii and the Xbox.

You're right, I'm sure that retailers have absolutely no faith in Wii or 360 sales at all. Especially since we're talking about the USA, where the PS3 is always a distant 3rd:

http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=America&cons2=PS3&reg2=America&cons3=X360&reg3=America&start=39047&end=39411

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Peter Potamus said:
Harvey Birdman said:
Peter Potamus said:

I'll be honest, at two local EB Games stores, every console sold out. It just depends on where you live.

No Harvey, at my store, they pay you to take them off of their hands.  No one want's them.  They take up space and cost too much.  They have so many, they had to rent out the store next to it, to store all the PS3s they couldn't sell.  They have so many, they use the PS3s to start fires in their fireplaces.

DMeisterJ said:
soup20000 said:
DMeisterJ said:
Always posting the Sony hate huh? So since this one store has a stack of PS3s, Sony is spreading BS? I went to BB on sat when I bought Rock Band and saw many a 360 stacked up also. SO, according to your picture, 360 isn't selling either.

You are ignorant.

Thank you so much for your insight into my "ignorance".  Glad you cared to elaborate.

I believe that you are lacking awareness in general of the state of Sony's PS3.  If you read over the numbers that I have broken down in my previous post maybe you can provide to me some good news for the PS3 that I do not see.