By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 Systems Are In Abundance Post Black Friday

DMeisterJ said:
Peter Potamus said:
Harvey Birdman said:
Peter Potamus said:
Well in my area (stores I made up) The PS3 Is in 10 story stacks and it seems no one is buying it. The Wii sold double of what the store had, again. The DS has sold out and the 360 has sold out. Lookin bad for the PS3.

Hell, at my store, there are so many PS3's you can't see in or outside of the store, in fact, there giving them away for free because no one is buying them! Crazy!

I'll be honest, at two local EB Games stores, every console sold out. It just depends on where you live.

No Harvey, at my store, they pay you to take them off of their hands.  No one want's them.  They take up space and cost too much.  They have so many, they had to rent out the store next to it, to store all the PS3s they couldn't sell.  They have so many, they use the PS3s to start fires in their fireplaces.

I heard that they drop down PS3's in third world countries because it can cure diseases. And since no one is buying it (as a game console) people are using them as heaters.

Didja get that thing I sentcha?

Around the Network
soup20000 said:
DMeisterJ said:
soup20000 said:
DMeisterJ said:
Always posting the Sony hate huh? So since this one store has a stack of PS3s, Sony is spreading BS? I went to BB on sat when I bought Rock Band and saw many a 360 stacked up also. SO, according to your picture, 360 isn't selling either.

You are ignorant.

Thank you so much for your insight into my "ignorance". Glad you cared to elaborate.

I believe that you are lacking awareness in general of the state of Sony's PS3. If you read over the numbers that I have broken down in my previous post maybe you can provide to me some good news for the PS3 that I do not see.

Right, lacking awareness *rolls eyes*, his post had nothing to do with PS3's "selling out" or ps3 even "doing great," his post was about people believing that ps3's havent been selling on black friday due to piles sitting around, now his post stated that he saw piles of 360's which also isn't surprising, I've seen them myself. But hey, if one unit has piles and isn't selling, the the other must not also is what he was stating. You calling him ignorant for having a valid complait makes you look ignorant and biased.

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Peter Potamus said:
DMeisterJ said:
Peter Potamus said:
Harvey Birdman said:
Peter Potamus said:
Well in my area (stores I made up) The PS3 Is in 10 story stacks and it seems no one is buying it. The Wii sold double of what the store had, again. The DS has sold out and the 360 has sold out. Lookin bad for the PS3.

Hell, at my store, there are so many PS3's you can't see in or outside of the store, in fact, there giving them away for free because no one is buying them! Crazy!

I'll be honest, at two local EB Games stores, every console sold out. It just depends on where you live.

No Harvey, at my store, they pay you to take them off of their hands.  No one want's them.  They take up space and cost too much.  They have so many, they had to rent out the store next to it, to store all the PS3s they couldn't sell.  They have so many, they use the PS3s to start fires in their fireplaces.

I heard that they drop down PS3's in third world countries because it can cure diseases. And since no one is buying it (as a game console) people are using them as heaters.

NO, NO, NO.  They use the PS3 as a booster seat in cars for people who can't afford them for their kids.  It also doubles as a seat warmer for your kids too.  That's what my friend who works at EB Games said, right before aliens abducted him.  Then when he came back from the alien spaceship, he teleported to Kaz Hirai who confirmed that the PS3 was being discontinued because Microsoft was buying them out, and then they'd make the Sony XBOX 1080.   

@ ChronotriggerJM

Thank you. Some people don't read before they type.

DMeisterJ said:
Peter Potamus said:
DMeisterJ said:
Peter Potamus said:
Harvey Birdman said:
Peter Potamus said:

NO, NO, NO.  They use the PS3 as a booster seat in cars for people who can't afford them for their kids.  It also doubles as a seat warmer for your kids too.  That's what my friend who works at EB Games said, right before aliens abducted him.  Then when he came back from the alien spaceship, he teleported to Kaz Hirai who confirmed that the PS3 was being discontinued because Microsoft was buying them out, and then they'd make the Sony XBOX 1080.   

So thats why its outselling the 360...makes sense now! Thanks!

Didja get that thing I sentcha?

Around the Network
soup20000 said:
Mummelmann said:
Black Friday matters shaite outside of NA, it's an american term for the american market. There's actually a whole world outside of America, and in that world, the PS3 is doing great right now!

great |grāt|adjective1 of an extent, amount, or intensity considerably above the normal or average.

Please show me numbers where the PS3 is doing "Great". Give me a break. PS3 is middle road in "Others" and in Japan (excluding the last two weeks). In north America the PS3 is floundering. You are correct when you say that there is a "whole world outside America" but guess what? North America is the largest market. You can not discredit the importance of market leadership in North America.

If you want to do a simple analysis of demand for Wii, 360 and PS3 than look no farther than Ebay. What are the systems selling for on ebay new? Well...? Now, with that said, PS3 is not looking so hot this holiday season in NA.

Here are the numbers broken down...

North America had total PS3, PS2, 360, GC, Wii sales of 570,520. PS3 had 15.2% of the market. Does anyone else here see a problem with having 15.2% market share? That sucks when you only have two other competitors.

Europe sold a total of 400,250 systems last week. Of those, 21.5% were PS3. Well, not quite 1/4 but at least they are coming close. Not doing "Great" yet. How about "below average".

Japan aka the smallest market. Total sales last week were 104,426. PS3 had 54.1% !!! PS3 is looking good in Japan last week. 54.1% is the "Great" that you have been looking for.

When you add up all the numbers you get global sales last week of 1,075,196 systems. PS3 had 21.4% market share. That blows. Oh, but you said "outside North America". Okay, lets see... 504,676 total system sales outside North America and PS3 has 28.3% market share. Still not "Great". Well, I guess if you live just in Japan and your world revolves around Japan than PS3 is doing "Great". The rest of the world is doing "BELOW AVERAGE"

If you look at the circumstances, the 360 is by far the underachiever of the lot: all the "big" games are already out, but sales are lagging and are overly unimpressive for every region save for NA, where it is beaten by the Wii. The PS3 has been out far shorter, has had no christmas season and has had a considerable price disadvantage over its competition, so; judging by circumstances it is doing great... I never thought it'd sell this well without any of the high rollers released yet! 

Even in the face of Halo 3, MP 3, Mass Effect and SMG it persists and climbs on the sales ladder WW, that's no mean feat, and anyone who can't recognize that should be hesitant to throw their analysis around too much. 

Mummelmann said:

If you look at the circumstances, the 360 is by far the underachiever of the lot: all the "big" games are already out, but sales are lagging and are overly unimpressive for every region save for NA, where it is beaten by the Wii. The PS3 has been out far shorter, has had no christmas season and has had a considerable price disadvantage over its competition, so; judging by circumstances it is doing great... I never thought it'd sell this well without any of the high rollers released yet! 

Even in the face of Halo 3, MP 3, Mass Effect and SMG it persists and climbs on the sales ladder WW, that's no mean feat, and anyone who can't recognize that should be hesitant to throw their analysis around too much. 

Bravo, Bravo, Bravo!!!! Post of the thread.  That was an excellent post, well thought out, and makes much sense. 

That last sentence was pure greatness.  Great post and you make great sense.

Mummelmann said:
soup20000 said:
Mummelmann said:
Black Friday matters shaite outside of NA, it's an american term for the american market. There's actually a whole world outside of America, and in that world, the PS3 is doing great right now!

great |grāt|adjective1 of an extent, amount, or intensity considerably above the normal or average.

Please show me numbers where the PS3 is doing "Great". Give me a break. PS3 is middle road in "Others" and in Japan (excluding the last two weeks). In north America the PS3 is floundering. You are correct when you say that there is a "whole world outside America" but guess what? North America is the largest market. You can not discredit the importance of market leadership in North America.

If you want to do a simple analysis of demand for Wii, 360 and PS3 than look no farther than Ebay. What are the systems selling for on ebay new? Well...? Now, with that said, PS3 is not looking so hot this holiday season in NA.

Here are the numbers broken down...

North America had total PS3, PS2, 360, GC, Wii sales of 570,520. PS3 had 15.2% of the market. Does anyone else here see a problem with having 15.2% market share? That sucks when you only have two other competitors.

Europe sold a total of 400,250 systems last week. Of those, 21.5% were PS3. Well, not quite 1/4 but at least they are coming close. Not doing "Great" yet. How about "below average".

Japan aka the smallest market. Total sales last week were 104,426. PS3 had 54.1% !!! PS3 is looking good in Japan last week. 54.1% is the "Great" that you have been looking for.

When you add up all the numbers you get global sales last week of 1,075,196 systems. PS3 had 21.4% market share. That blows. Oh, but you said "outside North America". Okay, lets see... 504,676 total system sales outside North America and PS3 has 28.3% market share. Still not "Great". Well, I guess if you live just in Japan and your world revolves around Japan than PS3 is doing "Great". The rest of the world is doing "BELOW AVERAGE"

How can the 360 be the underachiever?  They where second last gen by almost 100 million consoles.  They have needed the price points and great games to overtake the Playstation as people favorite console or second favorite if you include the Wii in terms of sales.  People think it was easy for MS to have a nice 8-10 million cushing while finally making money on top of that 1 billion spent on that whole rrod mess.  For them to be up by this much at this stage they doing better then expected if you ask me.  Honestly I am just waiting for that sweet $199 price tag in march or so to see what SONY does then.  Bottomline is the 360 is up by millions and is making money with great developer support.  Go 360 GO!

DMeisterJ said:

Mummelmann said:

Bravo, Bravo, Bravo!!!! Post of the thread.  That was an excellent post, well thought out, and makes much sense. 

That last sentence was pure greatness.  Great post and you make great sense.

LOL is called the holidays, new sku with lower price and price cut on the 80 gig vs the 360 adding two free games.  By the way when Halo 3 came out it destroyed the PS3 for that month and it only continued for October.  I wonder what November will show...

around me there are more 360s then PS3s.. and the PSP is sold out but not the DS o.O

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453