By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 Systems Are In Abundance Post Black Friday

I know very little about supply chain management but I do know that many electronics companies use a "Just in Time" process (essentially producing slightly more hardware than you need to meet demand) becaise tje cost to produce a system tomorow will be far less than producing it today and paying for warehouse space ...

The fact that Sony has huge piles could mean a couple of things ... Sony and stores greatly overestimated the demand for the PS3 OR over the past couple of months Sony has overproduced systems due to lower demand and now have enough supply to meet the increased demand for the PS3 with few problems ...

Personally, I think that it is a combination of the two

Around the Network

well, ioi saied the increase fo the PS3 was significant as for the Xbox360 and the Wii.
I dont expect something amazing.
The PS3 will sell but less than the Wii and the Xbox360.

when are going to be release the VGChartz Na datas ?

Time to Work !

well, ioi saied the increase fo the PS3 was significant as for the Xbox360 and the Wii.
I dont expect something amazing.
The PS3 will sell but less than the Wii and the Xbox360.

when are going to be release the VGChartz Na datas ?

Time to Work !

At a place here in San Antonio called HEB Plus, they were selling the old 60G PS3 brand new for $350 on Black Friday. Those sold out, but those are the only ones to sell out in the city (and only at HEB).

Currently playing: Civ 6

Black Friday matters shaite outside of NA, it's an american term for the american market. There's actually a whole world outside of America, and in that world, the PS3 is doing great right now!

Around the Network

The American chart will probably be available tonight as usual (meaning in about 7-8 hours).

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Mummelmann said:
Black Friday matters shaite outside of NA, it's an american term for the american market. There's actually a whole world outside of America, and in that world, the PS3 is doing great right now!

great |grāt|adjective1 of an extent, amount, or intensity considerably above the normal or average.  

Please show me numbers where the PS3 is doing "Great".  Give me a break.  PS3 is middle road in "Others" and in Japan (excluding the last two weeks).  In north America the PS3 is floundering.  You are correct when you say that there is a "whole world outside America" but guess what?  North America is the largest market.  You can not discredit the importance of market leadership in North America.

If you want to do a simple analysis of demand for Wii, 360 and PS3 than look no farther than Ebay.  What are the systems selling for on ebay new?  Well...? Now, with that said, PS3 is not looking so hot this holiday season in NA. 

Here are the numbers broken down...   

North America had total PS3, PS2, 360, GC, Wii sales of  570,520.  PS3 had 15.2% of the market.  Does anyone else here see a problem with having 15.2% market share?  That sucks when you only have two other competitors.

Europe sold a total of 400,250 systems last week.  Of those, 21.5% were PS3.  Well, not quite 1/4  but at least they are coming close.  Not doing "Great" yet.  How about "below average". 

Japan aka the smallest market.  Total sales last week were 104,426.  PS3 had 54.1% !!! PS3 is looking good in Japan last week.  54.1% is the "Great" that you have been looking for.

When you add up all the numbers you get global sales last week of 1,075,196 systems.  PS3 had 21.4% market share.  That blows.  Oh, but you said "outside North America".  Okay, lets see... 504,676 total system sales outside North America and PS3 has 28.3% market share.  Still not "Great".  Well, I guess if you live just in Japan and your world revolves around Japan than PS3 is doing "Great".  The rest of the world is doing "BELOW AVERAGE"

DMeisterJ said:
Always posting the Sony hate huh? So since this one store has a stack of PS3s, Sony is spreading BS? I went to BB on sat when I bought Rock Band and saw many a 360 stacked up also. SO, according to your picture, 360 isn't selling either.

You are ignorant.

in my area (waltham, a city outside boston, MA) it goes as follows:
DS - no where to be found except surprisingly BB where there's both regular and new editions

Wii - i am yet to see one in a store --> sold out

360 - available everywhere, small stacks especially at BB

PS3 - available; in larger stacks (not like the picture depicts) about 4x bigger than 360 stacks

PSP - i dunno...

it's just how you see it; everyone knows the case for Nintendo but seeing stacks for 360 and/or PS3 could mean they're having more successful shipment numbers

Well in my area (stores I made up) The PS3 Is in 10 story stacks and it seems no one is buying it. The Wii sold double of what the store had, again. The DS has sold out and the 360 has sold out. Lookin bad for the PS3.

Didja get that thing I sentcha?