By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 Systems Are In Abundance Post Black Friday

ssj12 said:
around me there are more 360s then PS3s.. and the PSP is sold out but not the DS o.O

That is crazy talk!  j/k I am sure it can be different depending on where you are.  Just this afternoon I went to lunch and checked out my local target.  They had 3 60 gig and 3 80 gig PS3, does that mean the 40 gig is sold out?  Who knows and I didn't care enough to ask.  For the 360 they had 2 elites 1 pro 2 arcades and 2 Halo versions so obviously the 360 is also available.  It really does vary.  As I mentioned once we get the numbers we will have a better picture.

Around the Network

So people moved their unsold PS3 stock to the floor because people will actually by them now... so what?

Sony has been stuffing the retail channel to try and reach their shipping goals for a while now.

I'm in the "Wait for the numbers" camp. PS3 is probably selling better then you think.

"even in the face of Halo 3, MP 3, Mass Effect and SMG it persists and climbs on the sales ladder WW, that's no mean feat, and anyone who can't recognize that should be hesitant to throw their analysis around too much. "

QFT

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

In the retail world no inventory = lost sales. Due to Sony’s lack of sales this year they’ve had lots of time to stock pile inventory. They’ve remained steadfast on their forecast to sell 11 million(?) consoles by the end of the fiscal year. You can’t sell what you don’t have produced.

@elnino334: If you compare to the last gen, where MS was beaten by Sony by over 100 million consoles, then yes. But this is current gen, and MS has had all the advantages thus far (except the issue with hardware failure).
They had an early launch, they were well stocked, cheap and they have brought out all the big guns this year.
In this regard, the 360 and the PS3 should be like an olympic sprinter vs a man in a wheelchair in regards to sales, but that's not how it is.
The PS3 has sold impressively when considering the circumstances, mostly on brand alone, so the game in on for real when the huge titles arrive!

On a side note; I'm more against MS than their products. I recognize the importance of the very OS I'm doing all this in, but I don't appreciate they way they got there.
Remember those filthy tactics around european PS3 launch? MS hired the second floor of a large launchfest locale that Sony were using, and MS posted huge 360 banners in the windows...
And the event with the 360 PR boat gliding down the river past the lines of poeple waiting to buy PS3's.
This is no way to impress me, that's for sure!

Around the Network
Snufft said:
In the retail world no inventory = lost sales. Due to Sony’s lack of sales this year they’ve had lots of time to stock pile inventory. They’ve remained steadfast on their forecast to sell 11 million(?) consoles by the end of the fiscal year. You can’t sell what you don’t have produced.

True, this is probably where Nintendo caught their competitors of guard the most, they seem to be able to produce their console in extreme amounts, much due to the simple and timeproven technology I suppose.

Snufft said:

makes me wonder if they have poduced that much...now are hoping that it will sell over the holidays

I just predict the 360 to Win over PS3 in the American market or be close. But thats bc well all love them damn shooters way too much.

"Like you know"

This is very good. The more ps3's in stock the bigger the sales these holidays.

mM

Suddenly I'm getting flashback to this same time last november.

"Just you wait! The Ps3 will sell loads over the holidays!"