By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Dead Without PGR and Halo Developers to Buoy Console?

i mean its not that bad or anything, its not as if bungie have dropped 360.

they will finish halo reach, then prolly make new games for everyone to play.

basically article states they need more 1st party devs, which im sure we will see at E3

@jaggedsac, your gifs in sig are far to big.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

But things could go either way too, maybe this new game is more of a Resistance-killer or Killzone-killer than a Halo-killer.

It's not often that an article runs off the rails in the opening sentence.

This article could have been from 2007 for all intents and purposes.

Honestly I'm a lil worried about the whole Xbox project. What if they pull out after this gen?

Around the Network

I'm confused by this thread. MS still owns PGR and Halo... so whats the problem?

Has anyone played Blur? Its awful. Frankly Blizzard Creation's games are crap outside of the PGR games. I'm confident that Turn 10 will do a great job developing the next PGR games.

343 Studios apparently has employees that used to work for Bungie. And its still possible for Bungie to work on Halo games.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Slimebeast said:
Honestly I'm a lil worried about the whole Xbox project. What if they pull out after this gen?

Why would they drop out now? The 360 has been a great success and MS has a nice share of the gaming market. Isn't that what they set out to accomplish?

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
I'm confused by this thread. MS still owns PGR and Halo... so whats the problem?

Has anyone played Blur? Its awful. Frankly Blizzard Creation's games are crap outside of the PGR games. I'm confident that Turn 10 will do a great job developing the next PGR games.

343 Studios apparently has employees that used to work for Bungie. And its still possible for Bungie to work on Halo games.

its not about the actual games, its re: the developers of them games.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Microsoft focuses on third party support, in my opinion a little too much. It does feel as if they got a few devs to make exclusive games for them and after that focused on third party compleetly, and just being lucky enough to get a few (console) exclusive titles along the way. But that wont help them sell the next XBOX.

On the other hand I don't think that Sony is looking all that hot in the exclusive department right now either. Although they still have enough first party developers to make future exclusive AAA titles to sell the PS4. We'll have to wait and see how it plays out. This gen isnt lost to Microsoft thanks to one hell of a start in 2005-2007.

Nextgen they need to come up with something else. Maybe they have some more tricks but I doubt it, they are putting all their money on Natal and it may work to become the biggest (casual) player on the market. But I prefer more hardcore games, and as a Fable fan Microsoft still has my money but Sony only needs to bring one good exclusive WRPG they'll have it nextgen.

Mr Puggsly said:
Slimebeast said:

Why would they drop out now? The 360 has been a great success and MS has a nice share of the gaming market. Isn't that what they set out to accomplish?

Yeah, maybe it's exactly that - mission accomplished - we stopped Sony to take over the living room so why are we gonna spend more billions on the Xbox?

Remember even the X360 is a loss affair.