By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The Official Guild Wars 2 thread *** First non-NDA beta is live! Impressions inside

Tagged games:

Rainbird said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Read the OP

Definetely getting this now

Sounds amazing!

Sweet, did you watch the videos? The videos with the playthrough are pretty awesome.

Glad you like it.

I watched a few, I have gone off seeing everything about a game before its released.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
Rainbird said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Read the OP

Sounds amazing!

Sweet, did you watch the videos? The videos with the playthrough are pretty awesome.

Glad you like it.

I watched a few, I have gone off seeing everything about a game before its released.

Well, the three videos that cover a walkthrough of the GamesCom demo are pretty damn awesome, if you should feel like watching some.

What do you like most about the game?

Rainbird said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Rainbird said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Read the OP

Sounds amazing!

Glad you like it.

Well, the three videos that cover a walkthrough of the GamesCom demo are pretty damn awesome, if you should feel like watching some.

1. The story changing according to your decisions

2. The battle system sounds good and doesn't sound like a grindfest which is most welcome for me!

3. Day/night cycles!

4. No subscription fee's

darthdevidem01 said:
Rainbird said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Rainbird said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Read the OP

Sounds amazing!

Glad you like it.

2. The battle system sounds good and doesn't sound like a grindfest which is most welcome for me!

3. Day/night cycles!

4. No subscription fee's

Good choices, although the day/night cycles are pretty standard in MMOs.

darthdevidem01 said:
Rainbird said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Rainbird said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Read the OP

Sounds amazing!

Glad you like it.

3. Day/night cycles!

4. No subscription fee's

See why I don't care so much about FF14 now? =P

I'm just pumped about the whole "realism" of the game. By that, I don't mean anything in regards to magic or monsters, but mostly questing. If you were in a game, like actually inside the world of a game, would you run into town and see a bunch of people with yellow exclamations? Just the whole quest system in most MMOs is flawed. Some quests is fine, but I just love the dynamic events system. I think it could potentially reshape the way people view MMOs, both gamers and developers.

It's just so much more realistic to wander upon a small village being raided and help out then some random person saying "Help! the village is being raided!". You wander around for an hour or 2 doing other quests, then get to the village and see the raiders just standing there doing nothing, or wandering within small invisible cages. Essentially there's NO sense of urgency in many games, MMOs and non-MMOs alike, so I hope this can change that.

Actually, quickly on this sense of urgency thing, I think that's why action games are very popular. I mean you can take your time, but take mostly any random FPS, you have a mission, and you feel like you HAVE to get it done soon or it might be too late. Compare this to most RPGs where you can grind and take your time between 'emergencies'. I really hope this dynamic event system can bring a sense of urgency to MMOs.

I also hope that agro range is HUGE, as in if you can see them, they can see you, and maybe attack, or maybe not. Either way, the immersion factor of this game should far exceed any other current MMO. But we will see.

Around the Network
r505Matt said:

I'm just pumped about the whole "realism" of the game. By that, I don't mean anything in regards to magic or monsters, but mostly questing. If you were in a game, like actually inside the world of a game, would you run into town and see a bunch of people with yellow exclamations? Just the whole quest system in most MMOs is flawed. Some quests is fine, but I just love the dynamic events system. I think it could potentially reshape the way people view MMOs, both gamers and developers.

It's just so much more realistic to wander upon a small village being raided and help out then some random person saying "Help! the village is being raided!". You wander around for an hour or 2 doing other quests, then get to the village and see the raiders just standing there doing nothing, or wandering within small invisible cages. Essentially there's NO sense of urgency in many games, MMOs and non-MMOs alike, so I hope this can change that.

Actually, quickly on this sense of urgency thing, I think that's why action games are very popular. I mean you can take your time, but take mostly any random FPS, you have a mission, and you feel like you HAVE to get it done soon or it might be too late. Compare this to most RPGs where you can grind and take your time between 'emergencies'. I really hope this dynamic event system can bring a sense of urgency to MMOs.

I also hope that agro range is HUGE, as in if you can see them, they can see you, and maybe attack, or maybe not. Either way, the immersion factor of this game should far exceed any other current MMO. But we will see.

That's one of the things I love most about GW2, it feels way more authentic than any MMO I can think of, and I think the immersion is gonna be taken to a whole new level for MMOs after this. The game just feels real and it feels right.

My complete rundown on my thoughts on Guild Wars 2.

Guild Wars 2 is amazing.

I've been reading a lot from their website and been following them on Twitter for the latest news and honestly, this is one hell of a MMO.

What I really love is the way Arenanet is changing the traditional MMO gameplay and formula into something fresh and exciting.

Dynamic Events, Traits System, Embarking on Your Own Story, No Mindless and Time Wasting Grinding, are just some of the major features I love about GW2.

I really want to play as the Norn and Humans. Right now from what's revealed, I want a Female Norn Elementalist as my primary character and a Female Human Ranger as another character for a different journey.

The Graphics are amazingly good for an MMO. Some of the areas are really stunning visually.

Now for the two biggies that make me excited about GW2 the most:

1) Free to Play. I would never play an MMO unless it's free. I just do not have the time to pay a monthly subscription and play a MMO. Big waste of money. To believe that a big and ambitious MMO like Guild Wars 2 is unbelievable.

2) Gameplay. I play games because of the gameplay. How am I supposed to play a game if the gameplay is boring and crap? Guild Wars 2 is nothing like that. Dynamic, fluid and everything seems just right.

Overall I'm tremendously excited for GW2 and I look forward to it's release next year.

r505Matt said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Rainbird said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Rainbird said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Read the OP

Sounds amazing!

Glad you like it.

3. Day/night cycles!

4. No subscription fee's

See why I don't care so much about FF14 now? =P

I know this game has made me lose interest in FFXIV too.......well this combined with the fact Wagram who was looking forward to it so much is disappointed with FFXIV....and Wagram is the most reasonable FF fan I know on this site, he likes every FF. Response on Amazon Japan is giving FFXIV a user score of 1 star on average....SE screwed up.

Not to mention I think this game will cure the disappointment ever Western RPG since Oblivion (except ME1/2) has left in my mouth!

Cross-X said:

My complete rundown on my thoughts on Guild Wars 2.

Guild Wars 2 is amazing.

Completely agree, I love that nothing is left in status quo, and they are looking over everything to see if it's any good.

Phew! Read the whole thing!

I'm thinking - Charr, Warrior :)