By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The Official Guild Wars 2 thread *** First non-NDA beta is live! Impressions inside

Tagged games:

Rainbird said:
r505Matt said:
Rainbird said:
r505Matt said:

This game could completely redefine what it means for a game to be an RPG.

The funny thing is, I actually posted in the RPG thread about all this earlier today to see what they thought about it, but no one has answered yet. =(

Well some people (not on this site) are pretty skeptical about the whole thing, so some people may be holding back until they see more?

We'll see, PC only games get less attention on this site anyway. I'm extremely happy with how many people are hyped for it right now though, so I'm not complaining. xD

And 100 posts in the thread! Fuck yeah!

I actually seen the videos of the Gamescon presentation just now and this is what I wanted from a MMORPG since day fast, blistering action with a compact single player and big emphasis social aspects.

I would get this day one if my computer didn't suck hard and am bitch ass broke. Just don't have too much fun without me >.<

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

Around the Network
Kamal said:

Just don't have too much fun without me >.<

No can do. But this is a game worth working two jobs to pay for.

Frankly, I'm a little sad, that the explorable areas aren't instanced, like in the original Guild Wars.

Yeah, the idea probably wouldn't work in the second game, since it's very different from the first one. But I still liked the fact, that if some newbie that I didn't like kept harassing me, I could just ditch the twat by jumping into an explorable area.

Nevertheless, this game looks much better than any MMO I've seen. I'll probably have to dial down the graphics a lot, though, in order to get the game to run smoothly on my poopy computer.

After the epic fail FFXIV has turned out to be now we look towards this as the next greatest MMO!!!!!!!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

By the way, everyone who played the original games and got Eye of the North can go to the Hall of Monuments Rewards Calculator to see what they've unlocked!

Only six more points for me before I've unlocked all gear (I'm at 24)! Sure would be nice to get to 50 though...

Around the Network
Rainbird said:

By the way, everyone who played the original games and got Eye of the North can go to the Hall of Monuments Rewards Calculator to see what they've unlocked!

Only six more points for me before I've unlocked all gear (I'm at 24)! Sure would be nice to get to 50 though...

Oh man, time to start grinding for 50 points? I think so. Won't take any of my character names though.

Edit: Duh, since I just got EotN and didn't bring any chars there yet -.- silly me.

r505Matt said:
Rainbird said:

Oh man, time to start grinding for 50 points? I think so. Won't take any of my character names though.

Edit: Duh, since I just got EotN and didn't bring any chars there yet -.- silly me.

Getting to 50 points is gonna be ridicolous, but having that title in GW2 would be fucking sweet!

Lucky for me I already have the Obsidian armor, that's one of the harder ones...

Wanna grind some titles together at some point?

Rainbird said:
r505Matt said:
Rainbird said:

Getting to 50 points is gonna be ridicolous, but having that title in GW2 would be fucking sweet!

Lucky for me I already have the Obsidian armor, that's one of the harder ones...

Wanna grind some titles together at some point?

Haha I dunno, some of them are near-impossible to get at this point. I mean, it's possible, but would take a combination of maximum luck and time invested to do =P I may have to settle for 30. Mostly because I'm OBSESSED with getting the survivor title so I keep deleting chars -.- haha. It's actually the reason I keep quitting and coming back =P

Must buy for me. 

VGChartz, when Guild Wars 2 comes out we should all join up and make a Guild! That'd be awesome.