By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The Official Guild Wars 2 thread *** First non-NDA beta is live! Impressions inside

Tagged games:

Cunning_Linguist said:

I have a job, a family, a part -time degree to study, countless other games collecting dust on my shelf that I have no time to play and I gave up MMO's over a year ago and my life is much richer for it!..............YET everytime I see anything mentioning this game I'm drawn to it like a moth to flame.

Damn you ArenaNet and damn you Rainbird for making me waste nearly 2 hours of my study time reading your posts on page 1 and watching the vids!!

Haha, don't worry, it's not wasted, you get a high five for reading through that entire thing.

*high five*

Around the Network

I've added a list of players to the OP. If you want to play GW2 with your fellow VGC'ers, just tell me and I'll add you to the list. It's not a guild though, it's just a list of VGC users who would like to play GW2.

You can give your GW2 character name (if you have one), your GW1 character name (for playing the old game with VGC'ers) and a link to your Hall of Monuments Rewards, if you want people to see it, and maybe want to play with somebody to get help with getting more points.

darth, Matt and Thulak, you guys have already been added.

Yeah add me to the list, I know I'll give in  when its released so theres no point in me trying to pretend I actually have the willpower not to.

Cunning_Linguist said:

Yeah add me to the list, I know I'll give in  when its released so theres no point in me trying to pretend I actually have the willpower not to.

You've been added.

Cunning_Linguist said:

Well said =)

Around the Network
r505Matt said:
Cunning_Linguist said:

Well said =)

Haha, yeah, I hope it releases in the summer so I can play during the vacation before university starts again. My girlfriend is going to be so pissed. xD

Rainbird said:
r505Matt said:
Rainbird said:
r505Matt said:

Haha I dunno, some of them are near-impossible to get at this point. I mean, it's possible, but would take a combination of maximum luck and time invested to do =P I may have to settle for 30. Mostly because I'm OBSESSED with getting the survivor title so I keep deleting chars -.- haha. It's actually the reason I keep quitting and coming back =P

Lol, good luck with that, that's too much work for me. Thankfully, you don't need all titles to max out those points (there are 13 titles you don't need), but it's still a lot of work. I just grinded me a few thousand Sunspear points, getting all this done is going to be such a chore. xD

Well I've heard the survivor titles are pretty easy to get once you get to lvl 10 and go to EotN. I haven't been there yet but there's some brawling-type mini-game-ish thing that supposedly gives incredible exp, and you can hit the 1.3 million exp or whatever it is in about 30-40 hours total (from level 1).

Oh, cool. I'm still not going to do it though, but good luck with it.

Yeah, I've already given up on it. I haven't died yet, but every time I go for this title, I get lag killed at some point. So I know I have to just give up on it or I'll never get enough points before GW2 is out.

So I need to beat all of the campaigns then want to try and go for vanquisher titles? I won't be ready to start them for a week or two, but I think that's my priority right now, vanquisher cartographer (since I've heard it's pretty normal to do them together). Vanquishing doesn't seem hard, the only hard part seems to be getting a good group consistently for it.

Also, I started my character in Nightfall, so how do I get to the starter island in Factions?

r505Matt said:
Rainbird said:

Yeah, I've already given up on it. I haven't died yet, but every time I go for this title, I get lag killed at some point. So I know I have to just give up on it or I'll never get enough points before GW2 is out.

So I need to beat all of the campaigns then want to try and go for vanquisher titles? I won't be ready to start them for a week or two, but I think that's my priority right now, vanquisher cartographer (since I've heard it's pretty normal to do them together). Vanquishing doesn't seem hard, the only hard part seems to be getting a good group consistently for it.

Also, I started my character in Nightfall, so how do I get to the starter island in Factions?

Sure, I've already started working on my vanquishing title for Tyria, but I'm only done with a few areas.

And about the starter island in Factions, all the answers are in the wiki.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Shing_Jea_Island

Rainbird said:
r505Matt said:
Rainbird said:

Sure, I've already started working on my vanquishing title for Tyria, but I'm only done with a few areas.

Yeah, I was just too lazy to look it up at that time I guess =P

Well I'll finish Elona missions pretty fast (hopefully) then maybe we can get started on those? And you're a ranger right? What kind of builds are you using?

r505Matt said:
Rainbird said:

Yeah, I was just too lazy to look it up at that time I guess =P

Well I'll finish Elona missions pretty fast (hopefully) then maybe we can get started on those? And you're a ranger right? What kind of builds are you using?

Sure thing, but I don't know how much I'll be online in the coming weeks.

And yeah, I'm a ranger, and I haven't played for a good while, but I'm pretty versatile.