By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The Official Guild Wars 2 thread *** First non-NDA beta is live! Impressions inside

Tagged games:

@Rainbird

YAY I'm in the OP!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:

@Rainbird

YAY I'm in the OP!

Uhm... "w00t".

Rainbird said:
r505Matt said:
Rainbird said:

Sure, I've already started working on my vanquishing title for Tyria, but I'm only done with a few areas.

And about the starter island in Factions, all the answers are in the wiki.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Shing_Jea_Island

Yeah, I was just too lazy to look it up at that time I guess =P

Well I'll finish Elona missions pretty fast (hopefully) then maybe we can get started on those? And you're a ranger right? What kind of builds are you using?

Sure thing, but I don't know how much I'll be online in the coming weeks.

And yeah, I'm a ranger, and I haven't played for a good while, but I'm pretty versatile.

That's fine, I'll rush through Nightfall, and if you're not around after that, I'll just get started on the other campaigns, so it's not like I'll be sitting around waiting =P Or I'll start skill-capping, or check out EotN, or farm factiom rep; I mean, it's not like there aren't a million fun things to do until you have time =)

I am a ranger as well, but yes, ranger is a pretty versatile class. I'm aiming to have a R/D beast/scythe user build, a R/Rt support build, and Incendiary arrow builds ready before I start hard mode anyways, so I'll be mildly versatile as well.

r505Matt said:
Rainbird said:

And yeah, I'm a ranger, and I haven't played for a good while, but I'm pretty versatile.

That's fine, I'll rush through Nightfall, and if you're not around after that, I'll just get started on the other campaigns, so it's not like I'll be sitting around waiting =P Or I'll start skill-capping, or check out EotN, or farm factiom rep; I mean, it's not like there aren't a million fun things to do until you have time =)

I am a ranger as well, but yes, ranger is a pretty versatile class. I'm aiming to have a R/D beast/scythe user build, a R/Rt support build, and Incendiary arrow builds ready before I start hard mode anyways, so I'll be mildly versatile as well.

Cool, sounds like you're more versatile than me already. I usually just cook up new builds on the spot though.

Rainbird said:
r505Matt said:
Rainbird said:

Cool, sounds like you're more versatile than me already. I usually just cook up new builds on the spot though.

I used to make my own builds and that was one of my favorite parts about GW. I just loved the fact that there are TONS of combinations you can make with different classes and skills. But with GW2 coming soon, I don't have to time to figure them out myself and come up with truly efficient builds, so I use

http://pvx.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

They test a bunch of builds and give them ratings, you really can't go wrong with builds rated excellent. You can always tweak them a bit if you'd like, but if you don't have time for testing (which I/we don't), PvX is the way to go.

I'm not more versatile yet considering I don't have any of the required skills =P But the cool part is since I know what I want, I can probably get everything I need for the builds in a few hours.

Around the Network
r505Matt said:

Oh sweet, I thought that site had been shut down, I haven't used it for ages.

Maybe I'll look into it, but usually I come up with builds that are basic but effective enough.

Rainbird said:
r505Matt said:

Maybe I'll look into it, but usually I come up with builds that are basic but effective enough.

Yeah, it's a great site, easily one of the best for GW.

And I've changed my mind about which titles to go for. Some of them take the most time while giving the least for the HOM rewards, so I'm just going to go for the 3 Protectors and 2 Guardian titles, have you done all the missions on hard yet?

r505Matt said:
Rainbird said:
r505Matt said:

And I've changed my mind about which titles to go for. Some of them take the most time while giving the least for the HOM rewards, so I'm just going to go for the 3 Protectors and 2 Guardian titles, have you done all the missions on hard yet?

Nope, I've done maybe one or two as far as I can remember. But yeah, protector and guardian are easy ones to go for, and I was planning to go for them as well.

Rainbird said:
r505Matt said:
Rainbird said:
r505Matt said:

Nope, I've done maybe one or two as far as I can remember. But yeah, protector and guardian are easy ones to go for, and I was planning to go for them as well.

Yeah, I figured I'd go for those first before worrying about much else. Btw, my character name is Kalia Star, I'll message you at some point if you're ever on.

Sweet, I'll get on every once in a while.