By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 'Avatar' shatters Blu-ray records

movies are at their greatest when they have a a compelling story not just visuals whereas games are at their best when they have compelling gameplay not just visuals, lose either and they become over hyped and eventually will be seen for what they are. Remember Hollywodd is driven by hype even when the hype is not deserved

Around the Network
jneul said:
what why the avatar hate, I loved it, this movie fast became my favourite film of the year it was amazing for me.

I agree. Hate, is bad. :P, It was my second favorite movie last year. Not for the plot, as that was not it's strongest point (IMO sorry if you think so though :P), but the whole movie was interesting, groundbraking, and visually beautiful to watch in 3D. And the atmosphere it created was aweome :D

not seen it yet, will get the BD/DVD combo pack later on

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Sony as well as James are laughing...and i mean laughing all the way to the bank.

<a href="http://b0c40pmhv4t-qfuimlmmqex5q0.hop.clickbank.net/?tid=WT5K3KF3" target="_top">Click Here!</a>

Sad thing that is Avatar the shattering-record blu-ray, I had already enough of games only being judged by graphics, now I see the same thing happening on movies too. Even on the visual department, Lord Of The Rings has impressed me more when it came out.

Around the Network

I wonder how many of the people bashing it as a dances with wolves knock off have actually seen dances with wolves and how many just read/watched some reviews and decided that they wanted to be "cool" like those alternative reviewers lol I mean how many of you decided the movie was crap before you watched it or after reading other people's opinions on the story.

on another note I watched it and came out under whelmed TBH, it was an amazing spectacle (being from NZ and being a big fan of weta digital probably helped) the story was pretty good for a Hollywood blockbuster if unoriginal (what hollywood movie wasn't in the last few years?) not a instant classic or a best of all time worthy movie but it wasn't bad. I preferred District 9 personally.

ps on topic amazing sales

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Its also the most torrented Blu-ray of all time. http://torrentfreak.com/avatar-most-pirated-blu-ray-film-ever-100427/

Poor old Fox and Murdoch, losing all that revenue to the pirates.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

kowenicki said:
Well.... I watched this again with my daughter last night on Blu-Ray.

Hmm.. Doesnt move well from massive 3d screen to 46inch HD screen.

The film, acting, story and script are laid bare and they dont stand up imo. This from someone who LOVED it when I first saw it at the movies.

I believe you, the theatre version dazzles you enough to take your eyes and mind off of the weak spots.

I'm sorry... But i'm over this same old story used on Avatar!

IT'S TIME FOR SHENMUE III, SEGA!

Jumpin said:
Avatar ruled. Though there are a lot of nerd-snobs who hate everything popular; half of these people are raving 300! fans and love the band Tool.

Of course!

I "hate" Avatar just because it's popular! Unlike some of my favorite movies of all time, like The Return of the King, The Dark Knight, Forrest Gump and The Shawshank Redemption, who are niche movies that no one heard about!

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.