By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 'Avatar' shatters Blu-ray records

Avatar's an amazing movie if you only see it once. You start to notice the flaws the second time through.

Around the Network

I watched it once in 3D and thought it was awesome! The only down part about is that the 3D hurt my eyes so I only saw it once in theaters :(. It was my first 3D movie so I think my eyes weren't use to it. However, I was one of the 2.7 million who purchased it on Blu-ray so I am looking forward to finding some time to watch it.

Good job Avatar. :)

Condor1980 said:
Was it just me or was Avatar the most ridiculously over hyped movie ever? It wouldnt even be in my top 1000 all time movies it is just utter drivel. I'm surprised it hasnt got Microsoft on the box to be honest!

Completely agree.  In 10 years, when we actually get to a point where CGI looks completely real, this movie will be forgotten.  The only thing people will remember it for is the money it made, not for any characters or an incredible story.

wow, good job avatar. although for my money, i'm holding out for the 3D release.

Around the Network

it was basically a pretty dances with wolves, i liked the movie, great fun, but ill never understand how james cameron captures the worlds imagination over and over again.

"even a dead god still dreams"

Frankly, Avatar was Dances with Wolves in 2010. A Good movie by all means and a definite showpiece in HD but very unoriginal.

what why the avatar hate, I loved it, this movie fast became my favourite film of the year it was amazing for me.

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Condor1980 said:
Was it just me or was Avatar the most ridiculously over hyped movie ever? It wouldnt even be in my top 1000 all time movies it is just utter drivel. I'm surprised it hasnt got Microsoft on the box to be honest!

While the acutal movie was not all that great storywise, the 3D experience and visuals were something that no one should have missed in theatres, unless of course your one of the people that can't view 3D images.  I have no plans to see the movie again, but I have a hard time calling anything that gives you this kind of experience to be over-hyped!!

I don't know how James Cameron does it.