By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 'Avatar' shatters Blu-ray records

RageBot said:
Jumpin said:
Avatar ruled. Though there are a lot of nerd-snobs who hate everything popular; half of these people are raving 300! fans and love the band Tool.

Of course!

I "hate" Avatar just because it's popular! Unlike some of my favorite movies of all time, like The Return of the King, The Dark Knight, Forrest Gump and The Shawshank Redemption, who are niche movies that no one heard about!

Don't get me started.

Around the Network

I'll be buying it on Blu-Ray after I buy a new PC.

Jumpin said:
Avatar ruled. Though there are a lot of nerd-snobs who hate everything popular; half of these people are raving 300! fans and love the band Tool.

Perhaps you are a tool.

Looks like Blu-Ray has finally found it's Matrix.

But but I thought Blu Ray was a fad !!!!

and for the record I loved Avatar !

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network
xbebop said:
Avatar's an amazing movie if you only see it once. You start to notice the flaws the second time through.

ABSOLUTELLY agree... the second time i saw it I was pretty disapointed. But the first time I saw it I walked out of the movie theater with stars in my eyes.

Just got the movie last night, but my surround sound system isn't working properly with my BluRay player, so no sound for me.

Avatar was/is a great movie, and it was great to see it capture the imagination of millions around the world. I'm disappointed that the BluRay/DVD pack is bare-bones... but I guess I'll hafta wait 'til November to get the Special Edition with Deleted Scenes. Hopefully the LotR Extended versions will be out by then too. ^_^

AppetitePat said:

I'm getting my copy in November... can't believe they released it without any bonus features at all.  I mean, for a movie like that, of course we wanna see behind the scenes and how that shit was made!

Anybody know why they released it without any bonus features at all?

To get the lowest price Possible, i think its $20 for the BD.  Also to make even more $$ when they release the disc with features and then again with 3D.

Avatar is this generations Star Wars, both had terrible stories, but amazing visuals which is the main reason why it made so much money.

i watched it twice the first time in 3D was without popcorn or nachos etc. but the dark night beats by alot along iwth some other movies it was beautiful but the second tiem when i entered with my cousins and friends it was plain boring and noticed all the flows. the second time was a waste of my money though i enjoyed the nachos and popcorn. I can't watch it again its one of those watch it once movies. The dark knight on the other side i own it on DVD and watched it about 3 times and i am not a fan of seeing movies more than once or twice.