By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 'Avatar' shatters Blu-ray records

greatest filmof all-time even thought it deserves way more in box office haullike 3 BILLIONS

Around the Network
rafichamp said:
Avatar is this generations Star Wars, both had terrible stories, but amazing visuals which is the main reason why it made so much money.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

i thinjs its from episode three

Star wars was beautiful especailly part 2 and 3 it was better than avatar. My top 10 movies go like this though i forgut some movies but avatar was in my top ten for the visauls and the predictable epic story. I forgut the rest

I just love saw and transporters and the dark knight star wars i watched only recently theywere having a star wars marathon on fox movies os i watched it and it was awesome.

1. The Dark knight

2. The game

3. Transporter(series)

4. Star wars(series)

5. Saw (series)

6. Avatar probably cant remember all the movies i love

ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
greatest filmof all-time even thought it deserves way more in box office haullike 3 BILLIONS

Your crazy right :). 3 billion for a movie. That should be thedark knight notavatar :P

rafichamp said:
Avatar is this generations Star Wars, both had terrible stories, but amazing visuals which is the main reason why it made so much money.

I don't even think you can compare the two and I strongly believe that Star Wars is way above Avatar in many aspects.

<a href="http://b0c40pmhv4t-qfuimlmmqex5q0.hop.clickbank.net/?tid=WT5K3KF3" target="_top">Click Here!</a>

I'll never understand the hype for this film, in 10 years it'll look outdated and then all it will have is its story and characters to fall back on...and yeah those are awful. Plus General Blow Shit Up was a pretty crappy villain

Around the Network

It a cartoon for kids isn't it, with a 12 rating?

elticker said:
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:

Your crazy right :). 3 billion for a movie. That should be thedark knight notavatar :P

AVATAR>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DARK KNIGHT

Avatar is a breakthrough in the cinema industry look what followed Alice in Wonderland 3d 850$ box office studios will heavely support 3d from now on just look the disney 's line-up Alice in Wonderland march 2010, Prince of Persia may 2010,TOY STORY 3 june 2010 Tron Legacy december 2010 all in 3D

A NEW ERA BEGINS AVATAR just pulled the trigger for Making 3D a mass-sized entertainment 3d was existant in the previous but never had such a feedback from the public

AppetitePat said:

I'm getting my copy in November... can't believe they released it without any bonus features at all.  I mean, for a movie like that, of course we wanna see behind the scenes and how that shit was made!

Anybody know why they released it without any bonus features at all?

2 hours a 42 minutes of 1080p footage would take up a large portion of the disc.

It's all good but I really don't understand the hype this movie is getting. A friend of mine bought it on Blu-Ray.So I went to his place and watched it. Sure, it wasn't in 3d, but I certainly was dissapointed. The imagery is nice and the universe they created is "ok" but there are so many better movies (imo of course) who don't get any recognitions it disgusts me. For instance how many of you have seen The heart locker? I am sure way more people saw avatar and whilst I know they aren't the same kind of movies, I would still rate the heart locker way over Avatar. This is a dead issue so please do feel free to answer ;)

Interesting how all the people who claim Avatar to be the best or in their top 10 are all kids to teenage in age...

Sorry, I could not help myself.

It's sales are amazing though, and the visual in theater were even more amazing. I saw it in 2D, and it was less then amazing. I loved the movie, but am still unsure of owning it, lest I have a full 3D setup. Well, maybe not even then.