By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Other than Microsoft , Sony and Nintendo

Sega...oh wait.

I miss Sega.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Around the Network

Apple wouldn't they are making too much money off the Ipod... they can't and won't risk it.

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

Apple can't even get people to make games for their Macs, and they're going to launch a console? I don't think so. And Microsoft would especially go gunning for them. This would be too expensive a venture for Apple, unless they had some truly revolutionary take on the videogame scene.

EA has nothing to gain. Maybe Samsung, Panasonic or Toshiba (HD-DVD playing video game system!) but I highly doubt it. Problem is look at MS and Sony, both has losing mega $$$$ right now, and they are the experts. Only Nintendo is currently making money, so that's not much incentive for anyone else to join.

I still think Sir Richard Branson is the only other guy out there with the balls, money and vision to try something like this, or maybe the Chinese. Or hell Dubai, oh wait, they're buying up Sony stock instead.

rocketpig said:
Apple wouldn't stand a chance in the video game market. Their closed system and control over hardware almost assures that every third party developer would run away as quickly as possible. Since Apple has no internal game studios whatsoever, they wouldn't last long. They might create an iPod gaming hybrid but it will always be a secondary feature behind the music.

Other than that, I'm not sure who would stand a chance of succeeding in this market. Maybe a big electronics company like Panasonic but other than that or EA, I don't see it happening. The market is already too crowded.

I'm not going to argue your other points, but doesn't the bolded passage describe every console ever built?

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Tesco....wait, they aren't big in USA are they?

Around the Network
TWRoO said:
Tesco....wait, they aren't big in USA are they?

Tesco has started moving into the USA, it's only a matter of time..

I'm going For Virgin, Richard Branson is going to help buy Northern Rock http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/main.jhtml?xml=/money/2007/11/26/bcnvirg126.xml

The guy has guts, if anyone could do it he could.

Now to name it...

Virgin Games - Virgin Console, VBox, V. , Vii!!

"..just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake"

I like to be the first to predict that if Microsoft drops out GE may create "GE-Gaming" and enter the brawl. They are already more diverse than any other company and they seem to like battling Sony.

No one is leaving the business. All 3 companies have invested way too much money in it. It more a question of who is actually gonna make money.

what about a partnership of some sort one company doesn't seem like they can do it but 2 or more might have the resources to at least compete.....

well, I think it is more a problem of money ...
Just have some infinite walled and you can make your hole in the industry.

Time to Work !