By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Other than Microsoft , Sony and Nintendo

I think if any company was to try to create a game console, it would have to be very popular such as Apple or Disney and have a lot of money to use and pick up a few really good developers.

I think if they were to try it would be the 2 I said above along with an popular electronic company that has not already tried that route and failed.

Around the Network

G4 gets pissed at all the next-gen (after wii, 360, PS3) consoles, creates their own, and it becomes a huge success.

Soriku said:
Apple definitely. EA no chance. They'd rather make games for all platforms than one. They get more money that way.

Not to mention EA would lose the NFL license if it's games were exclusive to one console, thus taking away one of the biggest advantages the company would have.

Modern day Apple maybe(Hey I hate apple but I know they have the marketing). The problem is they would most likely take the Wii approach and have to compete with Nintendo. They also have very little experience in games for their own platform. At least MS had DirectX which gave tehm contacts with publishers.

Honestly the way MS and Sony are taking game consoles it may be very likely to see Dell or HP enter in with Home theater gaming PCs or something like that.

Most likely though would be Amiga if they ever come back and are halfway decent......pipedreams

The thing about game consoles though is that you cant be like the "sandisk" of MP3 players with only 5% market share. you have to get considerable market share if you wanna get third party developer support. Another company would have to be able to bring out triple A first party games to get people to buy the system

Around the Network

Probably AT&T or one of the cellphone companies, while the NGage really didn't fly they had the right idea just the wrong way to market it.