By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Other than Microsoft , Sony and Nintendo

Acer or Samsung

Acer already makes computers and has relationships with chip makers. They are the third largest computer manufacturer after HP and Dell but I think they have more style. Often their computers come with decent gpu cards.

Samsung make great TV's, phones, and cameras. As well as lots of other things including appliances. They have lots of experience in electronics and their network stretches across the world. They also would have the money for such a venture and wouldn't go broke if they failed.

Around the Network

General Electric.Mark my words.

Quality for Life

Vengi said:
TWRoO said:
Tesco....wait, they aren't big in USA are they?

Tesco has started moving into the USA, it's only a matter of time..

I'm going For Virgin, Richard Branson is going to help buy Northern Rock http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/main.jhtml?xml=/money/2007/11/26/bcnvirg126.xml

The guy has guts, if anyone could do it he could.

Now to name it...

Virgin Games - Virgin Console, VBox, V. , Vii!!

How about "Crazy Billionaires New Hobby".

What ever happened to "The Rogue Billionare" or whatever that show was...

ummm... Walmart?
/ducks

Galaki said:
ummm... Walmart?
/ducks

They're be too interested in keeping there "Good Christian" store image to make an honest attempt at a videogame console in my opinion.

Around the Network

hugh hefner....

now thats a games machine i would like to play lol

I want wii fit and I want it now

Yeah, Panasonic, 3DO2 as the ultimate "mediacenter" game station. and then Atari with the Jaguar2. Maybe another Lynx (as a console version)? Now that would be the ultimate B-Console slugfest. Yeah!!!!!

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

i think any american company will look at MS and see how much work and cost its taken them to get as far as they have (fighting for second place/profit) and see theres no point, nobody else has such an amount of money to risk.

EA would be the most likely, but then why would they bother, they already publish on every format known to man, adding another into the equation wouldnt make much difference. Didn't they already try anyway with the 3DO?

A Japaneses manufacturer could have a go, but even then where would the pitch their machine, it would be useless going after a casual market and useless going for a hardcore market, again due to costs, but due to the fact the PS3 is already gaining ground.
To compete with Sony and MS you would need to be able to make hardware at a loss and very few companies can do that, even sony had to take out a loan.

The market doesn't need another machine in my opinion. 3 is more than enough, especially when 2 of them are doing the same thing.

If there were another machine on the market, it would need to be completely different, appealing to a new market...which would be....hmmmm...virtual sex-box maybe :)

I can only see a company like Google or something, I mean from a sector we don't have a company yet.

We have Nintendo as a company from the traditional toy and games sector, we have Sony from the electronic devices sector (while many others from that sector had a try and failed) and we have Microsoft from the software applications and PC and whatever they also do nowadays sector.

Apple is something like a hybrid between Sony and Microsoft when it comes to sectors they're in, so I don't see them entering the market as the other two haven't handled so great money-wise.

As for EA, I don't think they would be successful... I mean, imagine a console that consists only of EA games! Also, they had to do much more quality control. Maybe they'd have a chance if they teamed up with another third party that is better in the single-player games sector. The only company that comes to mind (because it would never be a japanes company) is Ubi Soft, another company that is known for games with low quality (amongst great ones of course).

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

nintendo_fanboy said:
I can only see a company like Google or something, I mean from a sector we don't have a company yet.

We have Nintendo as a company from the traditional toy and games sector, we have Sony from the electronic devices sector (while many others from that sector had a try and failed) and we have Microsoft from the software applications and PC and whatever they also do nowadays sector.

Apple is something like a hybrid between Sony and Microsoft when it comes to sectors they're in, so I don't see them entering the market as the other two haven't handled so great money-wise.

As for EA, I don't think they would be successful... I mean, imagine a console that consists only of EA games! Also, they had to do much more quality control. Maybe they'd have a chance if they teamed up with another third party that is better in the single-player games sector. The only company that comes to mind (because it would never be a japanes company) is Ubi Soft, another company that is known for games with low quality (amongst great ones of course).

You realize Samsung is like in the top 20 electronic manufacturers worldwide and that they employ about 93,000 more people than Sony yes? I think Samsung could pull the sustained losses if they needed too it's the only reason I thought of them.