By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Other than Microsoft , Sony and Nintendo

Apple wouldn't stand a chance in the video game market. Their closed system and control over hardware almost assures that every third party developer would run away as quickly as possible. Since Apple has no internal game studios whatsoever, they wouldn't last long. They might create an iPod gaming hybrid but it will always be a secondary feature behind the music.

Other than that, I'm not sure who would stand a chance of succeeding in this market. Maybe a big electronics company like Panasonic but other than that or EA, I don't see it happening. The market is already too crowded.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network
mancandy said:
Apple would get killed. I picture the iConsole to be too expensive and its worst feature would be the game console part. But hey, it plays music.
 Ha, you posted that while I was typing my response. I like Apple products a lot (own two Macs now and about 8 over the past 6-7 years) but the gaming market doesn't cater to their business strategy.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Well any company has a chance they just need something new to attract people, just like nintendo did, and damn that it worked

I don't think Apple would ever enter the video game market, since gaming is not really a huge priority for the company. EA would probably be the most likely company to create a console.

Apple, Samsung, Panasonic. One of the current competitors would have to die off first though.

I'm a filmmaker, writer, and gamer. Add me on Xbox Live or message me!

XBL Gamertag: StraitupBeastin

Around the Network

Yeah, Apple would likely attempt the Handheld buisness first as an Ipod/handheld Hybrid... then if that worked a generation or two later attempt to take the console market when it stagnated again.

Other then that... i'd expect someone from left field who you'd never expect to get in if Sony or Microsoft got out. Depending on which. (Or if Nintendo went out of buisness.)

I mean, keep in mind Nintendo was a card company before it went in. Sony had no plans of going in till it's deal with Nintendo broke up and they had to do something with their product, and Microsoft... who expected them to enter into the market when they did?

just a quick apple sort of tried to enter into the industry with the disaster known as the pippin, bandai was the only big enough chump to buy into it
and warner brothers was directly in the industry as they once owned atari,

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rocketpig said:
mancandy said:
Apple would get killed. I picture the iConsole to be too expensive and its worst feature would be the game console part. But hey, it plays music.
 Ha, you posted that while I was typing my response. I like Apple products a lot (own two Macs now and about 8 over the past 6-7 years) but the gaming market doesn't cater to their business strategy.

There must be in echo in here...haha. Apple products are nice, but you're right the gaming market is not really where they belong.

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

I'd like to see Samsung in the gaming market. They used to create cheap affordable electronics but in the past 10 or so years have gone to one of the better manufacturers. I've dealt with their C.S. and they're very good so the company has a decent customer relationship, their items are typically easy enough to use so they can create a interface that doesn't scare people away. They've also got a nack in creating items that are ergonomic and pleasing on the eyes.

That failing I'd have to put LG or Panasonic in there though it seems far less likely to me. Apple, I don't think it'd work. As stated Apples policies are pretty strict on their products, notice how 90% of PC games don't even play on Apple computers? As far as innovative they'd have to fight with Nintendo and the two are constantly compared. One of them would snuff out the other and Nintendos already garnering the "Casual" support that Apple would seek out. Truth be told though, 3 consoles is pleanty, in fact I'd put money someones going to sink into near obscurity this generation for at least this and the following generation possibly 2.