By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy Showdown Round #7 -- Rate FFX-2 & FF11!

Wagram said:
Well just because you don't like MMORPGs doesn't mean it shouldn't be considered a main FF game.

It really has nothing to do with liking MMOs or not. WoW is not Warcraft 4, or to go to an other RPG series: Phantasy Star Online(and the other PSMMOs) is not Phantasy Star 5(6,etc.)

Around the Network
Linkzmax said:
Wagram said:
Well just because you don't like MMORPGs doesn't mean it shouldn't be considered a main FF game.

It really has nothing to do with liking MMOs or not. WoW is not Warcraft 4, or to go to an other RPG series: Phantasy Star Online(and the other PSMMOs) is not Phantasy Star 5(6,etc.)

Well i'm pretty sure that the creators of the franchise have the right to call their games whatever they want. and people are going to have to face this or not. FF XI IS and ALWAYS will BE a MAIN FF.

Fab_GS said:
Wagram said:
IvorEvilen said:
deskpro2k3 said:
IvorEvilen said:

FFXI - N/A it should not be a member of the main series.

Why?

It is clearly a spin-off with the number used as a marketing ploy.  It would be no different if Nintendo took Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga, for example, and called it Super Mario Bros. 4

I'm going to jump out and guess that your one of those people who will not play it because it has a subscription? Therefore it is not possible to be a main FF game.

Well it is. and FF XIV is too.

I'm pretty sure that's not why some people hate FFXI.
Personally, I hate FFXI and hate the fact that it's considered as a main FF game. Why? Because I HATE MMORPGs to death, and seeing my favorite franchise making one as main FF game made me hate the genre even more.

While I would have preferred it if FF11 was called Final Fantasy Online instead of a roman numeral the bolded is a bit extreme Fab_GS lol

But if they made the damn games quicker (3 - 5 years between the last 2 main single player ones is ridiculous) I wouldn't mind FF11 being a roman numeral.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Ugh, more crap? Okay...

FFX-2: So... more crap of FFX, and ramping up the stuff I don't want to see? Ugh, the fanservice value in this made me nauseous. I couldn't even bother to finish this, from how much it was over-the-top for crap. It leaves FFX as a better game, since I could at least play that, though I didn't enjoy that. 0.9/10

FF11: Out of fairness, since I've not seen nor played this game, I will have to say n/a from my view. Though since I hate MMOs, I know I'd give it a low score...

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

FFX-2: 2/10 While FFX is one of my favorite games, they changed the entire style that was FFX. That helpless, kind, shy summoner Yuna was someone totally different in this game with guns. The music wasn't all that great except for a the songs Yuna sung which i find really good. Only good thing about this game is that Yuna and Tidus lived happily ever after....if you get the good ending that is.

FFXI: 0/10 enough said. This is my opinion about MMOs whether you like it or not. FFXI was HORRIBLE, MONSTROUS, and TERRIBLE.

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

Around the Network

FFX-2 is an abomination, there really isn't anything else I can say about that. I consider it as much of a Final Fantasy as Mystic Quest but since you included it--

FFX-2: 0/10

As for FFXI, I love love love love love love that game. It's by far my favorite MMO out there but it's really not that much of a Final Fantasy even though for MMO it has the best story out there and does an excellent job of making you part of that story. It would get a much higher rating if we were talking just MMO's or a slightly higher rating if we were talking games in general, but since we're just talking Final Fantay games--

FFXI: 7/10

Sice we are rating only main series games I refuse to give them a score.

Why don't you make like a tree and get out of here?

reading some posts here makes me afraid about FF14....it looks like it probably will be ignored by many FF fans just because its a MMO. For me it'll be my first MMO!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
reading some posts here makes me afraid about FF14....it looks like it probably will be ignored by many FF fans just because its a MMO. For me it'll be my first MMO!

It is pretty awesome that your going to join Darth. When they announce the servers we should try to get on the same one.

Wagram said:
FF X-2 - 9.5/10
FF XI - 9.0/10 (Best MMORPG on the Market at this current time)

I agree with FFXI, I myself have been playing since ps2 launch; fantastic game, craps all over WoW imo. 
FFX-2 - 1/10. An embarrassment to FFX =/

All of this, of course, is just my opinion.

Skyrim 100%'d. Dark Souls 100%'d. 
Dark Souls > Skyrim.
Halo 4 is the best damn FPS since Halo 3.
Proud pre-orderer of 2 PS4's and an Xbox One. 

Currently Playing: Dark Souls II, South Park
Playstation 4: MGS V GZ, Killzone: Shadow Fall, NBA 2k14.