By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy Showdown Round #7 -- Rate FFX-2 & FF11!

FFX-2: 4/10

God I hated it. The happy go lucky feel was really off putting for me.

FFXI: N/A

Around the Network

Whether or not FFX-2 was j-pop to the max. And I mean to the max, it had a great battle system, better the FFX, story was weird but decent but the corniness amazing. 

7.2/10

Not played 11.

Hmm, pie.

X-2: 0/10. This game is not a Final Fantasy.

XI: 0/10. This game is not a Final Fantasy.

Qays said:
X-2: 0/10. This game is not a Final Fantasy.

XI: 0/10. This game is not a Final Fantasy.

lmao. You can at least give X-2 some credit. The only good thing it had was the ATB. I love that system.

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

Wagram said:
IvorEvilen said:
deskpro2k3 said:
IvorEvilen said:

FFXI - N/A it should not be a member of the main series.

Why?

It is clearly a spin-off with the number used as a marketing ploy.  It would be no different if Nintendo took Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga, for example, and called it Super Mario Bros. 4

I'm going to jump out and guess that your one of those people who will not play it because it has a subscription? Therefore it is not possible to be a main FF game.

Well it is. and FF XIV is too.

I don't care that it has a subscription fee.  It is a MMO, and I've played World of Warcraft (although I've found I don't have the patience for MMOs as a result).  I'm just angry at Square for trying to sell a spinoff as a main entry.

Around the Network

X-2 - 9/10
XI- never played so duno

Wagram said:
Jalocin said:
FFX-2: 9.5 - Loved it.
FFXI: N/A - I hated the few hours I played it. From the confusing PlayOnline system to the clunky controls..

Then your score shouldn't be taken into consideration. A few hours is hardly enough time to judge a MMO.

I'll delete it then. However I can't imagine playing the game for longer would've helped. The controls in a MMO is one of the most essential parts imo and I outright hated them (Had the PC-version). Of the 5 MMO's I've played I thought they were the worst by far :/

FF X-2: 6/10. Yuna, Rikku and Paine pretty much sum up the score.

FF XI: Never played it

To all the people who claims Final Fantasy XI is a "spin off and not a final fantasy"
I want you to go say that to the 1 million people around the world who plays it everyday.

Let me tell you something. The game has a very deep storyline together with branching quest and stories which is much more deep than some other Final Fantasy game, or mmo you might have played imo. But you wont know that so its pointless to argue.

It is a very successful game that has players playing since 2003. Face reality, it is a Final Fantasy game, and stop denying yourself. You make yourself look pathetic.

If you are one of those who take offense to this post personally, it shows who is a Final Fantasy fan and whose not.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
deskpro2k3 said:

To all the people who claims Final Fantasy XI is a "spin off and not a final fantasy"
I want you to go say that to the 1 million people around the world who plays it everyday.

Let me tell you something. The game has a very deep storyline together with branching quest and stories which is much more deep than some other Final Fantasy game, or mmo you might have played imo. But you wont know that so its pointless to argue.

It is a very successful game that has players playing since 2003. Face reality, it is a Final Fantasy game, and stop denying yourself. You make yourself look pathetic.

If you are one of those who take offense to this post personally, it shows who is a Final Fantasy fan and whose not.

For one, I never said it isn't a FF, just that it shouldn't have the roman numeral. Calling it a spin off from the main series in no way means that it is of lesser quality. For example, the Mario Kart games are a spin off of the Mario platformers, yet both series are considered high quality by most and at the very least each has a large following.