By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy Showdown Round #7 -- Rate FFX-2 & FF11!

FFX-2 - 8 As I said with X, I had to return after an extended break with this game. This time around I decided to fix the mistakes I made and restarted to have a perfect playthrough.

FFXI - 7 Although it probably isn't fair for me to rate it. I found the gameplay very enjoyable, but I never leveled far enough to get into the story of the world. I like playing with others in an MMO, but at the time I played it was pretty much the only way to progress. It was too difficult to find a group that knew how to chain actions for extra damage and keep pulls coming for the bonus experience, so I moved on to WoW as my MMO.(Thankfully I've since escaped its grasp) Also, I agree with Ivor that it probably shouldn't be a member of the main series.(and neither should XIV)

Around the Network

FF X-2 I had a lot of fun with this game I will give it a 8.5

Never played 11.

Currently Playing: - Pokemon Sun - 3DS

3DS Friend Code: - 4339-3849-0940

FFX-2: 9.5 - Loved it.
FFXI: N/A - I hated the few hours I played it. From the confusing PlayOnline system to the clunky controls..

x-2 =4/10
never played xi

FF X-2 - 9.5/10
FF XI - 9.0/10 (Best MMORPG on the Market at this current time)

Around the Network
Jalocin said:
FFX-2: 9.5 - Loved it.
FFXI: 4.7 - I hated the few hours I played it. From the confusing PlayOnline system to the clunky controls..

Then your score shouldn't be taken into consideration. A few hours is hardly enough time to judge a MMO.

IvorEvilen said:
deskpro2k3 said:
IvorEvilen said:

FFXI - N/A it should not be a member of the main series.

Why?

It is clearly a spin-off with the number used as a marketing ploy.  It would be no different if Nintendo took Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga, for example, and called it Super Mario Bros. 4

I'm going to jump out and guess that your one of those people who will not play it because it has a subscription? Therefore it is not possible to be a main FF game.

Well it is. and FF XIV is too.

Wagram said:
IvorEvilen said:
deskpro2k3 said:
IvorEvilen said:

FFXI - N/A it should not be a member of the main series.

Why?

It is clearly a spin-off with the number used as a marketing ploy.  It would be no different if Nintendo took Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga, for example, and called it Super Mario Bros. 4

I'm going to jump out and guess that your one of those people who will not play it because it has a subscription? Therefore it is not possible to be a main FF game.

Well it is. and FF XIV is too.

I'm pretty sure that's not why some people hate FFXI.
Personally, I hate FFXI and hate the fact that it's considered as a main FF game. Why? Because I HATE MMORPGs to death, and seeing my favorite franchise making one as main FF game made me hate the genre even more.

Final Fantasy X-2 - 6.9/10

Haven't played enough of FFXI to make a fair rating.

Well just because you don't like MMORPGs doesn't mean it shouldn't be considered a main FF game.