By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy Showdown Round #1 -- Rate FF7!

Final Fantasy Showdown Round #1 -- Rate FF7!

I have played FF6 & can rate it 14 13.86%

I have played FF4 & can rate it 4 3.96%

I have played FF4 & FF6 20 19.80%

I have played al FF's 42 41.58%

I love FF 21 20.79%

Total:101

Solid 8.

Really a great game when you get past some foibles.

Around the Network

Wait, wait.

Does this mean there won't be polls for the first six? What the Hell?

AkibaFan said:
@twesterm

i will nt make threads for them just for 2 votes.

i can also say its sad ppl like u exist who didnt see how gud ff7 is as a game.

@commonman

characters were new nd fresh for the time. but we disagree as i see ff7 and ff13 as the best but u see them as the worst. rate graphics like they were back then, back then they were the best at the time.

At commomans vote:

Average so far - 8.71 (too low) :(

Really? FFIV and VI most definitely won't get "2 votes."

The graphics isn't as great as you're making it to be. Even for its time.

Khuutra said:
Wait, wait.

Does this mean there won't be polls for the first six? What the Hell?

Apparently, they will only get "2 votes." So why should he waste his time?

Why do I feel like these same uninspired, unoriginal FF threads keep popping up like roaches? how many times have we rated FF7? FF is becoming a boring topic which is sad considering the HUGE mythos for the series......... but 10/10

Around the Network

9.5/10 for me. Loved the story, the characters and most of all the materia system. Also you had so much to do in the end game, I wish more recent FF would have this much end game content.

Signature goes here!

RolStoppable said:
@Fab_GS

6/10

The characters are pretty similar to the FF VII cast when it comes to battle skills. Sure, each character had one unique command, but in terms of stats (HP, MP) they are all nearly the same. Other FFs and JRPGs have clear differences between warriors and magic users for example.

The first 30 % of the game are quite tedious. I have no problems with how all the characters are introduced, but there are tons of battles with little EXP being given. It feels like so much work with so little reward.

Difficulty is another issue, with annoying monsters like behemoths thrown in that perform auto-counterattacks when killed. The challenge of boss battles also greatly varies.

Generally I prefer JRPGs with small casts, because that prevents characters from being benched for the majority of the game. This happens in FF VI with its 14 characters which wouldn't be that bad, if it weren't for the final dungeon where you are suddenly in need of a dozen good warriors (or at least most of them shouldn't suck and have a low level).

You know I kind of do want you to play EarthBound/Mother 2, just to see what you think of the unique game mechanics.

RolStoppable said:
@Fab_GS

6/10

The characters are pretty similar to the FF VII cast when it comes to battle skills. Sure, each character had one unique command, but in terms of stats (HP, MP) they are all nearly the same. Other FFs and JRPGs have clear differences between warriors and magic users for example.

The first 30 % of the game are quite tedious. I have no problems with how all the characters are introduced, but there are tons of battles with little EXP being given. It feels like so much work with so little reward.

Difficulty is another issue, with annoying monsters like behemoths thrown in that perform auto-counterattacks when killed. The challenge of boss battles also greatly varies.

Generally I prefer JRPGs with small casts, because that prevents characters from being benched for the majority of the game. This happens in FF VI with its 14 characters which wouldn't be that bad, if it weren't for the final dungeon where you are suddenly in need of a dozen good warriors (or at least most of them shouldn't suck and have a low level).

I'm disappointed in you, Rol. Very, very, VERY disappointed.

*walks away*      

@OP

Make threads for FF3, FF4 & FF6 at the LEAST cus loads of people have DEFINETELY played them on VGChartz.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
@OP

Make threads for FF3, FF4 & FF6 at the LEAST cus loads of people have DEFINETELY played them on VGChartz.

FF1 and FF2 might as well be included because a lot of us have played FF1 and at least some of us have played FF2. Just go all the way and have polls for ALL of them.