By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy Showdown Round #1 -- Rate FF7!

Final Fantasy Showdown Round #1 -- Rate FF7!

I have played FF6 & can rate it 14 13.86%

I have played FF4 & can rate it 4 3.96%

I have played FF4 & FF6 20 19.80%

I have played al FF's 42 41.58%

I love FF 21 20.79%

Total:101

6.8/10

Very much a downgrade or uninspired re-imagining of the series after FFVI.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:
Raistline said:
I just want to clarify my giving FFVII an 8 score.
I only gave FFVII an 8 in comparison to the other FF's. It is a great FF, but not the best IMHO. I like FFI, FFVI and FFXII more then FFVII, thus I can't rightly give it above an 8 over when others deserve it more.
If I were to compare it to all other RPG's and give it a dry score without considering the other FF's, it would get a 9.5 without question.

what? 8 or 9.5. rating ff7 only here.

I am rating only FFVII, but in context to my view of the OP. I read it as compare FFVII to others in the series. In that case it gets an 8. If I were to rate it on it's own merit as though it were the one and only FF game in the universe while all other RPG's existed, it would get a 9.5.

9/10

9.5/10

I've played it after years on both PS3/PSP as a PSN download. Was ultimately disappointed. That game didn't age well, as there is no nostalgia to cloud my judgement, while I may be a bit too negative since I'm already affected by modern day rpgs. But even trying to compare it to the greatness that was Fallout 1, which came out at the same year...

I can't but rate it 6/10. It was repetetive, boring, with cliche story, annoying characters, dumb grind passages... But I never really liked the FF series anyway, so take it with a grain of salt.

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

Around the Network

I've played em' all. I'd give VII a 7/10.

FF7 : 11/10 . Only Ocarina of Time is slightly better for me

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

9.5 my favorite one till now.

8/10