By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy Showdown Round #1 -- Rate FF7!

Final Fantasy Showdown Round #1 -- Rate FF7!

I have played FF6 & can rate it 14 13.86%

I have played FF4 & can rate it 4 3.96%

I have played FF4 & FF6 20 19.80%

I have played al FF's 42 41.58%

I love FF 21 20.79%

Total:101
Kenryoku_Maxis said:
8.5 out of 10. And that rating is comparing it for its time and against other PSX games.

I won't go into detail the specifics of my score. Suffice to say, the game gets derailed after Aeris dies, the main characters leave your party for an extended amount of time, half the characters are pointless, the story has more holes than a wheel of swiss cheese, etc., etc.

would you mind pointing a few of the holes out? not that i dont believe you just dont recall any

Around the Network
Acevil said:

I think Final Fantasy VII is one of my least favorite Final Fantasy games, and I would give it 6/10.

Reasoning:
-While disc 1 provided great enjoyment, the 2nd and 3rd disc showed lack of focus, and randomness that I really didn't care about
-Characters in the majority are shallow and some join randomly.
-Sound is the reason this game is above FF8 for me, given I would rate FF8 higher...even with the WTF bullshit that happens in FF8.
-Coming off the wave of JRPGs in the Snes era, and even playstation era. This wasn't the gem that I had waited for.
-Lack of Turks (the best group or organization in FF history)

Lack of Turks?? Isn't FFVII the only FF with the Turks in them?

Signature goes here!

My score is 9.5/10.

This is my favourite FF game and one of my favourite games ever.
The only reasons I didn't give this a 10 is because the graphics were never that good and there were some extremely long dialogue sections.

This was my first rpg though so the reason I like this game so much could be partly due to nostalgia.

FF VII is a 7 (hasn't aged well at all). I'm playing it currently and yes it's a chunk of history but so is the Black Death! It looks like arse on a PSP, glad I'm not playing it on a HD telly.

Can't rate it properly since I am on disk 1. I would say the game is pretty good once you get past the graphics and poor localization.

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
Acevil said:

I think Final Fantasy VII is one of my least favorite Final Fantasy games, and I would give it 6/10.

Reasoning:
-While disc 1 provided great enjoyment, the 2nd and 3rd disc showed lack of focus, and randomness that I really didn't care about
-Characters in the majority are shallow and some join randomly.
-Sound is the reason this game is above FF8 for me, given I would rate FF8 higher...even with the WTF bullshit that happens in FF8.
-Coming off the wave of JRPGs in the Snes era, and even playstation era. This wasn't the gem that I had waited for.
-Lack of Turks (the best group or organization in FF history)

Lack of Turks?? Isn't FFVII the only FF with the Turks in them?

I meant Turks should have been a bigger focus along with Rufus, and maybe even be part of the last area.

You see if I had never played Final Fantasy VII, I would've never had taken interest in any Final Fantasy Game.

Hmm, not even comparable to FF VI or IV ...

I give it solid 7 (for its namesake) because it's good, above average, but not without its flaws. (namely character models, convoluted plot, plus I'm not a fan of the materia system)

GETTIN' CHRONOCRUNK

Great game, but overrated IMO

FF12- 9

FF13 - 9

FF8 - 9.5

FF6 - 9.5

FF5 - 9.7

FF9 - 10

FF1 - 7

FF2 - 8

FF3 - 8.5

FF4 - 9