By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Monster Hunter Tri in NA - How do you think it'll do?

Speaking of monsterhunter.....why in the bloody hell are we not getting frontier :(
I played the game back in 08' when i visited japan and loved it. If it was on my PC i could experience MH in 3d....

http://www.mh-frontier.jp/preview/season8/

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

Around the Network

Since my last predictions on MH3 were so accurate, I decided to let you guys do it this time

given the preorders i think 100k first week will be right on the spot. LTD is hard to say, depends on the kind of legs the title will have. since mh3 is quite a "core" title i fear its sales will be frontloaded, and it could tank at 250 - 300k. otherwise it could have a similar sales pattern to last years' 3rd party exclusives like madworld or house of dead overkill, and in that case 500-600k is not out of question

i have the feeling eu sales will disappoint once again, seriously, in europe piracy is becoming a really big issue.

Become a fan of I Love Videogames on facebook! The most updated and fun italian videogame fanpage on facebook! click here!

Also visit I Love Videogames: a new and fresh italian videogaming site! click here!

I think it will get to 90-100k counting both EU and NA first week sales.
LTD is harder to say but for now i think 500k beetween those two areas.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

It shoudl do at least 110,000 first week, already about 90K pre-orders.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Around the Network

I think it can do around 130k first week in NA, with a LTD of around 600-700k.

It already has over 70k preorders and will probably end up with around 80k, first week sales should be roughly double that. So I think even as high as 150-160k first week is a possibility.

1 million combined for the West when it's all said and done, giving the game a respectable 2+ million sales total.

Well, if pre-orders are already 72k then I'm obviously off on my first week projection. It'll easily sell more than double any PSP MH release first week and Capcom has to be happy about that.

Sales probably will be somewhat front loaded but I still think this will enjoy some amazing legs (at least after price drops) because it's a unique and extremely well done game on the system. Similar to how RE4 preformed early in the Wii's life.

I'm expecting it to make top 20 for NPD at least. Wish it was releasing earlier in the month, it'd have a better shot at top ten then imo.

First week in America will probably be around 115k, and it will have decent legs, so I'll say 400k after a year.

Worst then Monster Hunter Freedom Unite on the PSP. It's sitting at 330K in America now.