By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Monster Hunter Tri in NA - How do you think it'll do?

Clearly the production of MH Tri is so high that it needs 5 million sold.

That's just to break even by the way. Facts!? Pfft!

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Around the Network
IxisNaugus said:
DarkCronos said:

i have the feeling eu sales will disappoint once again, seriously, in europe piracy is becoming a really big issue.

I hear this. I'm sure you've all noticed that recent Wii releases in Others regions have had rather poor sales in comparison to Americas numbers. Honestly, i think it's feasable that we all drastically lower our expectations for european territories. Practically all of my close friends have no intention to "buy" this game aside from me, as i flat out refuse to pirate or abuse backups. In fact, i already have one friend who has pirated the US copy of the game which was dumped recently.

Piracy may not be the main issue here, but there has got to be some viable explanation for the utterly dreadful performance of recent Wii titles in Europe.

i believe it's a combination of piracy (remember that in europe usually the most sold console is the most pirated, i know a lot of people that during the last 2 generations chose their console only basing on which one was easier to play pirated games.), the effects of the economic crisis, a growing disinterst in the wii games (except for NSMBWii, Wii Fit and Just Dance), and last but not least, a general lack of awareness. to let you understand: two weeks ago i went to my local gamestop to preorder monster hunter tri. the gamespot guy didn'even know a game called monster hunter existed. i had to spell the name of the game twice and then go to help him find on the database... clearly i'm the only one who preorderd MH3 in my zone :(

Become a fan of I Love Videogames on facebook! The most updated and fun italian videogame fanpage on facebook! click here!

Also visit I Love Videogames: a new and fresh italian videogaming site! click here!

killeryoshis said:
It better sell over a million in the west or I lost all hope on 3rd party games on wii -_-

Though I still suspect it to sell 100k this week

For the type of game it is that would actually be a bit shocking if it reached 1 million in the west

250k tops, I don't think it has much appeal here.

It'll probably sell between 300-500K lifetime in America.

If Nintendo really starts pushing some ad space, it could sell more.  But I still have yet to see a single commercial on actual TV.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
@jarrod

I would say that the Nintendo logo fares better with retailers rather than the massmarket (which is the result). We've heard it before that many games don't even get stocked in the first place. A game advertised by Nintendo should get the confidence from retailers. Not only in terms of stocking the game, but also its place and space on the shelves.

Yeah, true.  Capcom USA has pretty decent distribution and retail relationships, so that might be why they went it alone in America (versus Europe/Australia, where they're still a pretty new publisher and often rely on outside distributors like Nintendo, EA or THQ anyway).

85k-90k first week

350K lifetime

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2

Niche franchise in NA will have niche sale numbers, i don't see why some nintendo fans expect this to sell over 100k first week and over 1 million in America..

My predictions is that the game will sell 30-40k First week. 80 k First month. 150k Lifetime in the US.

@Gansito
I cannot wait to see you eat crow.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Mmm, i expect it to be close to 500K in the first month and about 1.5 million by the end of the year.

I dont see it as a niche franchise, it is pretty much close to the hardcore focus some HD games has had and it worked fine for them.

I just think on Monster Hunter as a Pokemon for adults : )