By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Monster Hunter Tri in NA - How do you think it'll do?

routsounmanman said:
Really stupid on both Nintendo's and Capcom's part. Stop the pirates from going online! If they get hooked with the single player, they'll be forced to fork out the money to go online >_>

Sony tried this last gen with DNAS authentication. At first it prevented people with copied games from going online, until a workaround was found and used by pirates. The problem with piecemeal online systems (like the PS2 and Wii) is that there is no centralized system that can be used to stop pirates. Any measure taken by Nintendo or Capcom would merely be a bandaid for what is a fundamentally flawed online system.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Around the Network

Shamelessly reviving this thread so we can look at how accurate our guesses were.

MH3 debuted with a very impressive (given our low expections) 110k first week in NA.

More than double my initial guess and even above my highest revised guess of 100k.

A title like this will like have a steep drop next week but for a MH title this is a great debut in NA. I look forward to seeing how it's legs hold out.

All, thats left are follow through commercials, word of mouth based on the content and the next holiday season.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Has it matched ur expcttions?