By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Monster Hunter Tri in NA - How do you think it'll do?

I say it cracks 100k 1st week, and has a steep fall to week 2. Maybe just 30k week 2.

I see it selling maybe 350-400k going into the holidays where it MAY get a boost. 550k Lifetime, sell just about 1 million in Others and NA.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network
bigjon said:
I say it cracks 100k 1st week, and has a steep fall to week 2. Maybe just 30k week 2.

I see it selling maybe 350-400k going into the holidays where it MAY get a boost. 550k Lifetime, sell just about 1 million in Others and NA.

30k second week seems extremely low, borderline impossible to me. But we will see.

Chrizum said:
bigjon said:

30k second week seems extremely low, borderline impossible to me. But we will see.

I think he means 2nd week just NA (though maybe you also meant that...), in which case personally I wouldn't say it is borderline impossible.

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

Americas -> 120k FW, 1m+ lifetime
Europe -> 70k FW, 600k+ lifetime
Japan -> 3m+

Well, there are people who already pirated the game, bless homebrew, I've been told they spent 5 hours setting it up and have online access and everything. V_V

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Around the Network

Really stupid on both Nintendo's and Capcom's part. Stop the pirates from going online! If they get hooked with the single player, they'll be forced to fork out the money to go online >_>

I doubt it'll do any better than 500k lifetime in the US, probably less.

routsounmanman said:
Japan -> 3m+

Wow, you were pretty close on the FW predictions!

forest-spirit said:
routsounmanman said:
Japan -> 3m+

My shining moment was predicting 3m in Japan, though

routsounmanman said:
forest-spirit said:
routsounmanman said:
Japan -> 3m+

My shining moment was predicting 3m in Japan, though

B_3_L_I_E_V_E