By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Modern Warfare 2 For Wii - Leaked By Gamestop?

Modern Warfare 2 for Wii - leaked by Gamestop?

Gamestop. You know Gamestop, right? The massive, American-based game shop? Well, they're about to become your best friend. They recently sent round a newsletter to all their U.S. based fans, and one receiver noticed something very odd about the choice of Wii games.

There's The Beatles: Rock Band, a title that's been out on the Wii for some time, and above that... Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. For Wii. Which is impossible, as they game hasn't been announced for the Wii, and with Infinity Ward pretty much closed, won't be developed any time soon.

So, we're left with three options. Gamestop meant to use the box art for Call Of Duty 4 for Wii, pulled off a a similar picture on the internet, without realising it was a fan-made dupe, and hastily stuck it in the e-mail. The second option is that, for whatever reason, a Gamestop employee spent time and effort photoshopping the Modern Warfare 2 art onto a Wii box. The third, much more enticing option, is that Modern Warfare 2 is coming to the Wii.

You'll have to squint, but you can make out that the box-art is slightly different to the PS3 and 360 counterparts, which could lend the case some credibility. For now, we've sent an e-mail off to Gamespot to learn more. Stick with us.

Around the Network

o.O cool.

If it has splitscreen unlike the others, I'll buy it.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Looks fake to me, not that I don't believe it'll hit the Wii one day though..

thekitchensink said:
o.O cool.

You're talking about the other Wii CoDs ?

Cannot comment unless it is announced or something.

If it was true............he
.......hehe
hehehehe

AHAHAHHAHHAHHAHA

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network
Barozi said:
thekitchensink said:
o.O cool.

Yeah he is.. The Wii versions don't have split screen like the HD versions do..

puffy said:
Barozi said:
thekitchensink said:
o.O cool.

Yeah he is.. The Wii versions don't have split screen like the HD versions do..

Hopefully either this (if true) or the next CoD will have it.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

I can't believe the most casual FPS on earth is after all coming one year late... again..

Infinity Ward is over - they don't have the staff or resources to make a Wii version of MW2 unfortunately ;_;

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

its fake cuz EVEN on gametrailer.com u know how their is like pictures that move with news that lead to a vid or smthing?? ya i saw a picture with a bunch of boxarts and one of them had mass effect 2 ps3 boxart soo yeah probably an editing mistake lol