By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Modern Warfare 2 For Wii - Leaked By Gamestop?

radishhead said:
Infinity Ward is over - they don't have the staff or resources to make a Wii version of MW2 unfortunately ;_;

Treyarch would be doing this, as they did MW1 for the Wii.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

Well creating the box art is the hard part. Now all they need to do is develop the port.

I think a Wii release is likely to happen. They already have the game engine on the Wii, might as well take advantage of it.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
Well creating the box art is the hard part. Now all they need to do is develop the port.

I think a Wii release is likely to happen. They already have the game engine on the Wii, might as well take advantage of it.

And while some series on the Wii have had major diminishing returns, CoD has been consistently selling well. The major thing I would like to see is finally have full local multiplayer.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

puffy said:
Barozi said:
thekitchensink said:
o.O cool.

If it has splitscreen unlike the others, I'll buy it.

You're talking about the other Wii CoDs ?

Yeah he is.. The Wii versions don't have split screen like the HD versions do..

Really? I thought Modern Warfare and World at War both did.

Dang. Glad I didn't buy either. The only multiplayer I care about is splitscreen.

SW-5120-1900-6153

thetonestarr said:
puffy said:
Barozi said:
thekitchensink said:
o.O cool.

If it has splitscreen unlike the others, I'll buy it.

You're talking about the other Wii CoDs ?

Yeah he is.. The Wii versions don't have split screen like the HD versions do..

Really? I thought Modern Warfare and World at War both did.

Dang. Glad I didn't buy either. The only multiplayer I care about is splitscreen.

One reason The Conduit 2 will certainly be at least a little better than the first one.

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:
Mr Puggsly said:

And while some series on the Wii have had major diminishing returns, CoD has been consistently selling well. The major thing I would like to see is finally have full local multiplayer.

Well the series as whole has been growing. They don't even have to market a Wii release because its already a mega popular franchise.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Tbh if they do port it I wouldn't be surprised it'll probably be the last bit of money they get from the MW series now that IW are half way to death, that golden goose Activision had is now dead.

Mr Puggsly said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Well the series as whole has been growing. They don't even have to market a Wii release because its already a mega popular franchise.

Well it is less than 10K short of a million, so that does show the game can sell on word of mouth.

LordTheNightKnight said:
Mr Puggsly said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Well it is less than 10K short of a million, so that does show the game can sell on word of mouth.

Well if its a mega popular franchise already, I guess word of mouth doesn't hurt.

Recently Completed

Mr Puggsly said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Mr Puggsly said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Well if its a mega popular franchise already, I guess word of mouth doesn't hurt.

Word of mouth is what makes franchises mega popular. Hype and marketing only just get awareness of the release. Star Wars didn't have that much of either of the latter, but huge amounts of word of mouth.