By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do not listen to the reviews! (Red Steel 2)

lots of people praised this game to the roof, they called it one experience that shouldn't be missed and the gameplay is flawless, and the characters and storyline is amazing  well, did we play the same game here? =s

i am here to tell you, DO NOT BUY THIS GAME, if you see it, ignore it and buy something good like Metroid or Monster Hunter , this game is overrated , yes OVERRATED!

here is whats wrong with it.

-Motion Plus DOESNT WORK AS WELL AS THEY SHOULD BE (Like Wii Sports Resort!) , yes you know that motion plus ad on it? , well its useless , it doesn't work as well as Wii Sports Resort , to the point were you just waggle and wish wash everything in your way (the unarmored guys), even the armored guys can be taken out easily with bigger swings and some evading. ( i am playing on Hard btw , i always do)

-The Characters ... what characters? some Wax off wax on master who just sits there, and a girl with "boobiez!" who just tells you  or "please help them kill the jackals! " "Kill the jackals" "kill the jackals" and my favorite "The jackals , go kill them!"

-Storyline, you are a bounty hunter and you kill people and thats it.

-Challenge, the game is too easy, too easy that one the hardest difficulty you can take an army just by going in their back and stabbing them or do the "Hidden Strikes"

-the voice acting, "Haha! u gunna dai!" "i tark enrish becawz i are japanese" "Hey i got boobs you must obey! go throw yourself in the gangs hideout and kill them all!"

- the missions they are nothing interesting and they are all the same thing! , go kill those guys and go kill those guys, over and over and over again!

- Level design , go to this board and accept this mission now go to point x and finish it now go back and repeat , there is no exploration and the level is very linear and there is nothing interesting in it!

now the pros

-the graphics , did they give this game good reviews because of this? i can't believe it, good Graphics =/= good game! and this game proves it.

-The music , while everything is repetitive , the music is good, but you hardly listen to it with all the crappy voices =s

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Around the Network

i still haven't finished it though, because its very boring, i play a little and get bored and turn it off and play Mario instead
i want to play Mario Galaxy as well, i hope its not as boring as this =/

PS : I paid $85 for this, so i am more let down than someone who bought it cheaper maybe?

But many other players like it. Even here on this site.

So don't listen to anybody ?

Very much what Game Informer said, except they said the Motion Plus worked well, which is why they scored it an 8(.5?).

Also, I already knew good graphics =/= good game, I own Killzone 2 after all.

I don't know where you have been reading about amazing characters, storyline, etc. (I didn't actually read reviews), but I still stand by my thread, and Red Steel 2 being awesome.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=105196

The gameplay is just so much fun, and more than makes up for the crappy everything-else to me.

Around the Network

Overrated? Its scored an 81 on Metacritic, in a gameing industry where 7/10 is average, its not overrated. A do, however, agree with all of your points except the controls. They are flawless. Theres nothing wrong with them at all, the swordplay works 98% of the time, and the IR FPS controls are amazing at 60fps. WM+ helps smooth out the somtimes jittery IR.

RS2 is repeatative, somthings boring, it looks amazing, the story is nonexistant, VO is truely terrible, and enemies are too similar.

However, its the first WM+ game that isnt sports related. The combat is fun and fast, very fun but repetative.

Barozi said:
But many other players like it. Even here on this site.

So don't listen to anybody ?

Cept me!

Voltaire said:
Overrated? Its scored an 81 on Metacritic, in a gameing industry where 7/10 is average, its not overrated. A do, however, agree with all of your points except the controls. They are flawless. Theres nothing wrong with them at all, the swordplay works 98% of the time, and the IR FPS controls are amazing at 60fps. WM+ helps smooth out the somtimes jittery IR.

RS2 is repeatative, somthings boring, it looks amazing, the story is nonexistant, VO is truely terrible, and enemies are too similar.

However, its the first WM+ game that isnt sports related. The combat is fun and fast, very fun but repetative.

81 is too high for it, isn't 81 means its an "Excellent game" ? , because thats not it.

@severace

7 is average to most reviewers. So 8 would be "good". 9 is "great". Personally, i think an 8.5 is just right, but i do have a high tolerance for crap.

Okay... I'm gonna say it, I really am...
I enjoyed Red Steel more then Red Steel 2.
It had a better story, better maps, more weapons.

I own all of lastgen systems as of October 2008. (Finally got a Dreamcast)

I own every currentgen system except PS3.