By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do not listen to the reviews! (Red Steel 2)

Rainbird said:
I don't know where you have been reading about amazing characters, storyline, etc. (I didn't actually read reviews), but I still stand by my thread, and Red Steel 2 being awesome.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=105196

The gameplay is just so much fun, and more than makes up for the crappy everything-else to me.

your thread is the reason why i rushed to the store and bought the game.

should have named this thread, DON'T LISTEN TO RAINBIRD!

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Around the Network
Severance said:
Rainbird said:
I don't know where you have been reading about amazing characters, storyline, etc. (I didn't actually read reviews), but I still stand by my thread, and Red Steel 2 being awesome.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=105196

The gameplay is just so much fun, and more than makes up for the crappy everything-else to me.

your thread is the reason why i rushed to the store and bought the game.

should have named this thread, DON'T LISTEN TO RAINBIRD!

Do listen to Rainbird! Going by the respones in my thread, it has a very low failure rate

Got it yesterday and I'm having fun. Sure, the story sucks, but the action and gameplay are fantastic, so who cares? (besides Severance )

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

famousringo said:
Got it yesterday and I'm having fun. Sure, the story sucks, but the action and gameplay are fantastic, so who cares? (besides Severance )

Do tell your experience with it after you finish a couple of levels

repetitiveness kills it.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Severance said:
famousringo said:

Do tell your experience with it after you finish a couple of levels

repetitiveness kills it.

So far the action seems pretty varied to me, actually.

I took a quick look at your collection and realized that Oni is the closest thing to Red Steel 2 that I've played before. It's got the crappy story and poor voice work, but an intriguing and unique combat system that focuses on open movement, melee combat, with some firearms on the side. The first person perspective and motion control make Red Steel 2 feel a lot more visceral, and the gunplay feels integral to the game (though absolutely secondary to the melee) rather than a total afterthought as in Oni.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

Honestly, that's exactly what I thought this game would be (but hoped it wouldn't) - repetitive.

I'll pick it up when it drops down to $20.

I don't think it's repetitive. As you go through the game, they teach you new moves and you find new weapons to mix it up a bit. I'm on my third playthrough and I'm not bored of it yet, but maybe that's just me.

oh boy, i just feel like you describe and dont even have a copy of the game, only read comments and saw the videos.

now i see the game only sold 50.000 pcs.

i do not think my ubisoft share are going to raise thanks to RS2....

thank you any way

i disagree the motion plus for this game is perfect

Too late...I'm enjoying the game and its deserves the reviews it gets. You just have bad tastes, loser.