By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So I saw the 3D TV at best buy

Orca_Azure said:
Slimebeast said:
Orca_Azure said:
Does it have the same feeling as if you were at the movies watching a 2d converted movie (like clash of the titans)

is Clas of the Titans not filmed in 3-D? I mean it's a new movie like Avatar.

Clash of the Titans was filmed in 2d and converted to 3d- most critics said it didn't look all that great. Avatar was originally filmed in 3D and i saw a big difference between it and Titans.

Oh well, but the upside of it is that 2D->3D convertion works somewhat well, as apparently it's good enough to show in movie theatres.

I have a dream of watching Lord of the Rings in 3-D some day. And playing Oblivion in 3-D of course (yes, it's ALREADY possible through Nvidia 3-D vision, but I'm an ATI guy).

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
steverhcp02 said:
I saw the same display and it turned me from skeptic to believer. In theaters i find it hard to focus on certain things, but the smaller screen made EVERYTHING clear to me. I thought Monsters Vs Aliens looked great.

I had absolutely no intention on supporting 3D in my living room until my girlfriend and I went to check it out. She thought it was better than theaters but not worth the upgrade yet, i thought it was better than theaters and worth saving for.

The scene we watched was the bridge scene with the robot vs huge tick thing or whatever. It really added a great bonus, imo. The price isnt too much more than LCD's or Plasmas now....its just the glasses.....i think it could work.

What do u mean? A 42 inch LCD costs like 700 Dollars while the new 3D TVs cost like 1500 Dollars.

Well, trust me The Panasonic is BB exclusive so you wont see it there.....Check out amazon. Samsungs 46 inch 3d model 7000 series is only $1,999 its 240 hz, the 46 inch sammy at 120 hz, non 3d obviously, is $1200 and the 3d one is the 7000 series which has far more features, just check it out yourself.

Trust me, the pricing will be very aggressive and similar once the exclusive best buy crap is done with.

steverhcp02 said:
Slimebeast said:
steverhcp02 said:
I saw the same display and it turned me from skeptic to believer. In theaters i find it hard to focus on certain things, but the smaller screen made EVERYTHING clear to me. I thought Monsters Vs Aliens looked great.

I had absolutely no intention on supporting 3D in my living room until my girlfriend and I went to check it out. She thought it was better than theaters but not worth the upgrade yet, i thought it was better than theaters and worth saving for.

The scene we watched was the bridge scene with the robot vs huge tick thing or whatever. It really added a great bonus, imo. The price isnt too much more than LCD's or Plasmas now....its just the glasses.....i think it could work.

What do u mean? A 42 inch LCD costs like 700 Dollars while the new 3D TVs cost like 1500 Dollars.

Well, trust me The Panasonic is BB exclusive so you wont see it there.....Check out amazon. Samsungs 46 inch 3d model 7000 series is only $1,999 its 240 hz, the 46 inch sammy at 120 hz, non 3d obviously, is $1200 and the 3d one is the 7000 series which has far more features, just check it out yourself.

Trust me, the pricing will be very aggressive and similar once the exclusive best buy crap is done with.

Im confused. You are naming only $1200 to $2000 TVs here. What's your point exactly?

Slimebeast said:
steverhcp02 said:
Slimebeast said:
steverhcp02 said:

Im confused. You are naming only $1200 to $2000 TVs here. What's your point exactly?

My point is that its the same size TV, and the 3d is a model ahead, thus it will be more expensive....its the same brand newer model and the TV actually has 240 hz, and a bevy of features not on th eolder model yet isnt priced extraodrinarily higher, more in line with a newer generation 2d advanced model.

Meaning, the introduced 3d models carry a very similar pricing structure to new generations of 2d counterparts, even though they have a lot of enhanced specs and features....and this is STILL early adoption. Thats my point and its very simple.

steverhcp02 said:
Slimebeast said:
steverhcp02 said:
Slimebeast said:
steverhcp02 said:

My point is that its the same size TV, and the 3d is a model ahead, thus it will be more expensive....its the same brand newer model and the TV actually has 240 hz, and a bevy of features not on th eolder model yet isnt priced extraodrinarily higher, more in line with a newer generation 2d advanced model.

Meaning, the introduced 3d models carry a very similar pricing structure to new generations of 2d counterparts, even though they have a lot of enhanced specs and features....and this is STILL early adoption. Thats my point and its very simple.

Gotya. That's great to hear.

It makes sense too, because double the Hz shouldn't cost that much more to manufacture (it's really only the Hz that differs between 2-D and 3-D TV's rite?).

Around the Network

The samsung 3D TV is the worst of the bunch..

mM
Slimebeast said:
steverhcp02 said:

Gotya. That's great to hear.

It makes sense too, because double the Hz shouldn't cost that much more to manufacture (it's really only the Hz that differs between 2-D and 3-D TV's rite?).

No its not only hertz, 120 hrz and 240 hrz tv has been there for quite a well but they dont necessarily do 3D. Tough, I dont have enough connaissance in the fabrication process of 3DTV to tell you what are the differences. Maybe disolitude would know which specs and software are needed in the 3dTV to output 3D.