By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So I saw the 3D TV at best buy

Ssenkahdavic said:
This is another case of having the tech to far ahead of the content. Sounds a bit like the PS3 launch doesnt it? The tech is great and all, but you need content before it matters at all.

exactly thats what i thought when Samsung and Panasonic tried to launch their 3DTV's casue they knew Sony was launching,so they tried to say let us launch it first.

Sony had a strategy and were going to launch it and they developed its Tech accordingly.Samsung and Panasonic just brought out to be ahead of Sony,but they didn't have the tech cause they weren't planning on launching,they just used the existing and put it out first.

Also Sony is launching with alot of content

PS3 GAMES

FIFA WORLD CUP 2010

IMAX AND DISCOVERY PARTNERSHIP

THEY HAVE THEIR MOVIE STUDIO

PS3 IS ALREADY 3D ENABLED,SO 35M PLAYERS ALREADY SOLD

Also Sony are planning not just putting it out to be ahead of other companies,so they will be observing what all panasonic and Samsung are doing and improving their's

Around the Network
BW_JP said:
Real 3d Is signficantly better than the Steriostropic 3d you're seeing on those TVs now. Just make sure you understand that.

Games on the PS3 will actually Stream two seperate instances of the game in order to produce the 3d images. they will be _very_ impressive.

the new super stardust is going to blow your mind.

you sure about that? cause you know, to get this you reduce FPS by 50% on PC, i'm not sure the PS3 will do this all too easely...

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

In any case... I have 3D vision (PC) and switching to regular to 3D is just a click on the glasses emiter... so pretty easy even in the middle of a game.

There is a huge difference between 3D and flat... I just couldn't play the same game flat after playing it 3D.

(got it early feb and been playing mostly MW2, DAO and TF2).

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

3D is cool but the glasses ruin it.

If the 3DS is as good as hyped I think it alone will make people switch their thinking of 3D and these TV's will become obselete very quickly

Around the Network

i tried the 3d TV at best buy ,,,it was playing an animated movie.I actually thought it was awesome,,,,very clear,vivid and it had a bid depth into the screen.

3D is a nice feature but when i saw the 3D tv at my bestbuy i felt the 3D effect (while wearing the glasses) took away the overall view of the sharp clear detail of a 1080p tv.

Nice free add on feature for PS3 but i wouldnt recommend buying a stand alone 3D blu-ray player for it nor buy a 3D HDTV. Keep it in the theatres and makes watching it at the theatres more special cause they do it best.

I wonder how well my Mitsubishi TV thta is "3D Ready" will look if I ever splurge for the kit/glasses for it to see how it looks. From what I understand the "kit" is not out yet for it, but if the price is right I'd seriously consider getting it if it does look good. My TV is only a little over a year old and its too soon for me to upgrade (not to mention the Fiance would not let me buy a new tv until this one dies or I win the lottery).

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

jjseth said:
I wonder how well my Mitsubishi TV thta is "3D Ready" will look if I ever splurge for the kit/glasses for it to see how it looks. From what I understand the "kit" is not out yet for it, but if the price is right I'd seriously consider getting it if it does look good. My TV is only a little over a year old and its too soon for me to upgrade (not to mention the Fiance would not let me buy a new tv until this one dies or I win the lottery).

I have a last gen Samsung DLP TV from 2008 which works the same as the new mitsubishi TV's sold now. They are amazing, absolutely . amazing. I have a 22 inch true 120 hz LCD monitor as well and the DLP TV's are better for 3D.

I've seen the new LCD TVs in best buy and Sony store and the Mitsubishi DLP TVs are as good if not better due to no ghosting.

Some things you need to keep in mind:

- you will be able to play 3D blurays only using a bluray drive in a computer + power DVD10 software or you will need to buy the upcoming mitsubishi converter. These TVs don't support HDMI 1.4 so they wont work directly with these new bluray players.

- TV doesn't come with glasses but there are many manufacturers making them for as low as 100 bucks for 2.

- This works amazing with Nvidia 3D vision for gaming but there is no 100% confirmation that PS3 games will support these TVs. Although 99% of the 3D public on forums believe it will.

Any way you look at it this TV pays off. You will spend 2000 dollars on a TV, computer with bluray player, glasses, power DVD 10 software...and will have a 65 inch screen to boot.

SpartenOmega117 said:

I honestly think 3d will not work. I was watching a samsung LED 3d tv in the home theater section. I hardly noticed any 3d at all when i put on the glasses. The screen was also a 50" i think. In order for 3d to work i think the screens have to be much larger and have a much darker environment because i think the light also affects how you see 3d. Anyone else try this out?

Play Left 4 Dead 2, resident Evil 5 or Metro 2033 on PC using Nvidia 3D vision then comment on 3D please.