By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So I saw the 3D TV at best buy

Having to wear glasses is so unpractical and gimmick.

In about two weeks I will see for myself an auto-3D TV. The ones that doesn't require glasses.

now THAT will be a proper 3D experience I hope.

Around the Network

3D should stay at the Cinemas atleast for the next 5 years... don't think there's a huge market for it for ordinary people, hell people have just now started to adapt HD TV's.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Naum said:
3D should stay at the Cinemas atleast for the next 5 years... don't think there's a huge market for it for ordinary people, hell people have just now started to adapt HD TV's.

4+ million americans already own 3D capable TV. Millions more own 3D monitors for gaming and projectors for home cinemas.

3D market isn't as small as you think...its just really expensive.

It was good but not something I would go crazy about.

disolitude said:
Naum said:

4+ million americans already own 3D capable TV. Millions more own 3D monitors for gaming and projectors for home cinemas.

3D market isn't as small as you think...its just really expensive.

Agreed. But id say its easy to track consumer interest if we just look at the 3D cinema market. If we look at the breakdown of 3D to 2D for films like Alicve in Wonderland, which was some over 50% in 3D opening weekend, we can track there is enormous interest even with the premium price tage of something like 3 bucks per ticket.

I honestly think had Sony and the BDA waited to do an all encompassing release of Blu-ray with 3D it would have ocmpletely revolutionized home video as it would have given a tangible difference between DVD and BD other than "enhanced" PQ and AQ. Comething people can immediately see without question. Alas, its been trickled out, im just glad its finally coming together and that so many companies are on board.

Around the Network
Lafiel said:
steverhcp02 said:

Im completely stunned at what people are saying. Maybe the kiosks werent tuned properly? Because when we went we went as skeptics and came out of there excited. It was crystal clear, i mean crystal, easy to focus and actually added another dimension to the viewing.

Our rig was the Sammy package at Best Buy, and from what ive read the Panasonic is even better.

In all honesty i think its a bigger improvement to the experience than BD was from DVD.

they probably didn't watch 3D material, but converted 2D material on the TV, which is a bit like playing a PS3 on a SDTV ..

I watched the Monsters vs Alien movie on the Samsung set up and the Sony 3D reel - FIFA games, Motorstom, Wipeout etc - on the Sony store. Major disappointment.

3D is just a fad coming back that works in the theaters but not at home. Nobody wants to sit around at home and wear 3D glasses while they watch tv or play a game. Holographic displays are the next big step but that is a long ways into the future.

So was it much worse then than Avatar in 3-D at the move theatre?

(not that there is anything 'bad' about Avatar in 3-D, cos it's amazing)

I can't wait for 3D, but that's just it; more waiting needed.

I think it'll work though, atleast for the cinema and the pubs showing a footie match and the real 3D enthusiasts. Doubtfull it'll become the next big thing like HD has, but it'll have it's market.

Personally I can't wait. It's so easy to do 3D in games or computer animated movies because of having a 3D environment already there. Also, think of the minority report possibilities with 3D combined with the move.

Slimebeast said:

So was it much worse then than Avatar in 3-D at the move theatre?

(not that there is anything 'bad' about Avatar in 3-D, cos it's amazing)

3D I watch at home with Nvidia 3D vision I find better quality than Avatr 3D that I saw in Imax. Imax uses polarized lenses and they lose focus and 3D effect if you move your head left and right.