By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So I saw the 3D TV at best buy

I honestly think 3d will not work. I was watching a samsung LED 3d tv in the home theater section. I hardly noticed any 3d at all when i put on the glasses. The screen was also a 50" i think. In order for 3d to work i think the screens have to be much larger and have a much darker environment because i think the light also affects how you see 3d. Anyone else try this out?

Around the Network

3D is overrated IMO

it worked for avatar and in theaters but its not something i want at home or while gaming.

I was over at a friends house, we were watching Monsters Vs Aliens in 3D and it just looked blurry, it may work in the future but right now it definitely needs work

Warrior of Light #66

"I'm not illiterate, my parents were married!"

3DS FC: 2878 9589 2016

This is another case of having the tech to far ahead of the content. Sounds a bit like the PS3 launch doesnt it? The tech is great and all, but you need content before it matters at all.

i would love 3d games i just dont want to wear the glasses. it feels weird wearing 3d glasses outside of the theater, so i say 3d should stay in the theaters

Around the Network

Well its not only the content. It is also the lighting in your surrounding when you watch the movie. When your entire room lit up then you cant really notice the 3d. It only really works when in a dark area like a movie theater

I was not impressed when i tried one at my local future shop, 3d was very lackluster and seemed to sacrifice picture fidelity. the 3d fad in general i am just totally not feeling.

I agree with everyone that i really don't thing 3d television will go anywhere in the next 5 years...

Gimme an uncharted 3 and my eyes will in heaven enough.

“Absolutely, we can do much more with it. I don’t know if we are even close to 50 percent of PlayStation 3’s power at this point,” said Asmussen about God of War 3.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

I haven't experienced it (besides in theatres of course) but I'm sure that it's probably not necessary at the time being...and yeah you're right, to really notice it, I bet you have to turn your entire home into a large entertainment center with a 100" flat screen 3DTV and have nothing but pitch black hehe.

Does it have the same feeling as if you were at the movies watching a 2d converted movie (like clash of the titans)