By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii OR HD CONSOLES : which do you find better games on?

*Raises eyebrow* Combining two different consoles and pitting it against one? What an odd idea.

Anywho, I pick that console that has Sonic the Hedgehog 4 releasing on it. That is clearly the superior console.

Around the Network

Being in HD doesn't make the games better...but the games themselves are just...better on the HD systems. You've got your flagship Nintendo titles that I just don't want to play anymore, and a good 3rd party game sprinkled in once every 5-7 months, then the rest is just shovelware.

On the HD consoles (moreso for the PS3), the first party keeps on shelling out great games, and 3rd parties put all their top games there and simply skip the Wii.

And people bundle "HD consoles" together because they share like 85% of their library, whereas the Wii just gets everything else (and most of the time 'everything else' is stuff "gamers" don't want)

pizzahut451 said:
Games4Fun said:
pizzahut451 said:
Games4Fun said:

Nintendo=quality

Better looking games

Better direction for games

More fun than a barrel of monkeys no matter the age

Better replayablity

More Mature

Better controls

Easily the best games from any current system

What a easy choice Wii

the red sentences are totally wrong especially the first one

No they are not.

I like the animated style much better. 

All of my games get played a lot over (Mario Kart Wii Sports Resort New Super Mario Bros Wii)  except for  The Conduit. With my PS2 very few games got replayed much expect DMC, KH's and Sly Cooper. Since PS3 and xbox are along the same lines as PS2 games I find it safe to assume. I am not a trophy person so that style of replay means nothing to me.

I find blood, guts, nudity, swearing to be more immature than animated. I have  for the most part "grown" out of  that phase of my life. Although, I do like a good murder spree once in awhile on a game.

Plus ,as somone said this is pretty much Nintendo Vs. everyone else. I happen to find Nintendo made games miles ahead in fun and to me that is what counts.

What animated sytle? Realistic graphics determinate which game looks better.

Most of PS3 and Xbox 360 exclusive games have online and that alone adds 200+ hours to play. I put over 150 hours in Modern Warfare 2 and about 180 hours in Uncharted 2.Not to mention LIttleBigPlanet that has over 2 000 000 levels. HD games have better replay value.

Those stuff you mentioned are 10 times more mature than Mario and Pokemon games

Nintendo= quality that is leaps and bounds ahead of any other video game related company

Again animated style= better If I wanted to watch realism on my tv I would watch the news.

Every game I named has "LOCAL MP". That is 100's of hours of replay that is also superior to online.  Online equals a bunch of people you do not know or know just because you played a game with them. A storm of people calling each other N's and F@#'s. Sorry I Have "grown" out of that stage. Playing with friends I have over is much better. Not to mention when I do play games with kids, it is my friends kids. The kind of kids that understand how to have fun without resulting to emo name calling. Ya know laughing and carrying on actually having fun playing?

Playing a black, white, and red movie is in no way actually mature. If I wanted to watch a bad war movie I would grab a 10 dollar DVD about WW 2. Cussing is fun for younger people, or thoose that think it makes them look cool. (mainly teenagers)  How beating somone into a bloody pulp is mature you got me. Last I heared people got arrested for that type of thing.

If people 10 years ago could not convince me differently I dunno what makes you think you can. The only game you listed that would be worth more than 2 cents to me is LittleBigPlanet.  Saying it has over 2000000 does not help though. As most of thoose are probably crap made by other users with the good ones lost in the mix.

Edit I almost forgot. IF Iwas worried about insance graphics I would play games on my CPU.

I am not sure why I brothered posting back in the first place let alone a second time. I am done with this silly nonsense later.

@ShadowSoldier:

There are people who prefer motion controls (at least for certain genres) to traditional controls because it enhances their experience.

There are people who prefer Nintendo games and honestly have more fun with them than with most games from other developers.

I am one of those people. I don't care if you think that sounds idiotic. I'm just not into most stuff that's on 360 and PS3.

HD Consoles, though it has nothing to do the HD. The better games are just made on the PS3/Xbox 360. Both have great exclusives, but in the long run, it looks like the PS3 will end up having the best games.

Around the Network

I own both an Xbox360 and a Wii. Currently I have roughly 75 Xbox360 games (not including XBLA) and about 10 Wii games. So far the only Wii game that I have put more than 10 hrs into is Mario Kart :( For me, it's not that the Wii has no good games, but more that they feel the same to me as my original 8 Bit NES did. The gameplay is mostly solid, but play sessions seem to be limited due to the style of the games I have purchased (Mario Galaxy, Wii Sports/Resort, Wii Fit, Mario Kart, Zelda, Endless Ocean...). On the otherhand, my Xbox 360 sees tons of love. This is because FPS online is addictive as heck and games like Mass Effect, Oblivion, Too Human, and Borderlands simply are not found on the Wii. Oh and I am an achievement whore!

The 3 consoles have very good games.

Personally, for me the Wii has the kind of games I enjoy because I am from the Arcade era. I like games whose priority is being fun and with more social elements. And when I play alone I like the easy to learn hard to defeat action.

I was never a big fan of the Cinematic era (with very few exceptions) and the HD machines are better for those kinds of games. I wouldn't mind to have a HD machine for Resident evil 5 or SF4 but 2 games are not enough for me to spend money in a machine.

shooters- 360 gears 1,2 halo 3, more people with cod on 360.
platformers- ps3 little big planet=best platformer ever
overall 360 wins ps3 second wii thrid

pizzahut451 said:
amp316 said:
Which one has more Nintendo games?

That's the one that I'd say has the better games.

PSP can play all nintendo games on NES,SNES, N64 and GBA, so PSP than?

EDIT: According to your game collection, you dont even have PS3 or xbox 360,heck, your only non-nintendo system is 2600,so...yeah

Wow.  They should really market the PSP as a Nintendo gaming machine then.

The sales would be much higher.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Both have great games.

shooter-either hd Bioshock
Platformers-wii nsmbw ps3-ratchet and clank future:a crack in time
Fighting-wii ssbb either hd-fight night
Racing-wii mario kart wii ps3-gt5
Adventure-wii metroids ps3-uncharteds
Fitness/Excersise-wii wii fit
My Fav Game Exclusive So Far-360 Gears 2

You dont include pc right?