By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii OR HD CONSOLES : which do you find better games on?

HD Consoles over Wii anyday.

Around the Network
stof said:
This question could also be worded as "Nintendo or the entirety of the rest of the videogame publishing business: which do we get better games from?"

Nintendo makes some of the best games ever, but they're only one company.

Pretty much.  And sorry, but Sony alone gives them quite a run, they just aren't better than everyone.  This is not an HD, cinematic thing either.  There's just more quality on the Hd's.

Best games are on Wii, HD is better on PC

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

NYANKS said:
stof said:
This question could also be worded as "Nintendo or the entirety of the rest of the videogame publishing business: which do we get better games from?"

Nintendo makes some of the best games ever, but they're only one company.

Pretty much.  And sorry, but Sony alone gives them quite a run, they just aren't better than everyone.  This is not an HD, cinematic thing either.  There's just more quality on the Hd's.

ROFL, are you trying to challenge Rol for sarcasm/irony crown?

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

NinjaV said:
Doobie_wop said:
HD, far more quality titles to choose from, more diversity and the franchises I do love from Nintendo have really dropped the ball this generation while Sony and Microsoft have pushed their franchises further.

Really?You don't think nintendo hasn't pushed there franchises at all?And I think the wii is the only console this generation that actually has its own identity the 360 and ps3 are too similar why they heck do you think they call them the HD Twins?

Well for me Nintendo have lost their development shine, Mario Galaxy was great, but outside of Mario what else have they given in terms of old franchise favourites. We haven't got a Zelda yet, no Star Fox, lack of Pikmin, no Kirby, new IP's (outside of the Wii and Mario franchise) are seriously lacking, Donkey Kong is pretty much dead and so is my dream of an open world Pokemon game on a console. 

I don't have a similar problem with the PS3 & 360, they may have lost a few old franchises but they have both given me fantastic new franchises instead.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Around the Network

HD console, Xbox 360.

I really want to get Monster Hunter though!

Everyone needs to play Lost Odyssey! Any opposition to this and I will have to just say, "If it's a fight you want, you got it!"

HD games are fun if you like shooters and "core" games. As for myself, I've grown really tired of these types of games. How is anyone still finding enjoyment over pointing and shooting, navigating endless levels, and listening to hammy dialogue. What's worse is the new "action-button" gameplay (aka, press a button and the game plays for you) that is becoming the trend now.

However, I've found myself having more fun with Nintendo's games. I like that their games feel new and yet old at the same time. They echo the NES generation of games, but still have new qualities about them. Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort are really just callbacks to the old NES sports games. Wii Fit is a callback to the power-pad and it's exercise-based games. Wii Play is a callback to classic arcade games. I could go on... New Super Mario Bros, Mario Kart Wii, even Super Mario Galaxy all go back to the roots of what made those series popular in the first place.

HD, no doubt.

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Which one has more Nintendo games?

That's the one that I'd say has the better games.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

HD systems for me just from the ps3 alone