Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who would win Samus vs Master Chief

Who would win Samus vs Master Chief

Master Chief, eyes closed 34 16.75%

Samus, duh! 159 78.33%

Too close, IDK 9 4.43%

Total:202
dahuman said:
Mendicate Bias said:

The novels are canon and are used the flesh out the universe because Bungie are not fans of having long cutscenes. Even in the games if you want to get to the meat of the story you have to do extra exploring to find the terminals and audio logs. Here's an excerpt from the story. Keep in mind that Spartan 117 is the most genetically perfect human being out of a massive human population of around 20 billion and has been trained rigorously from the age of 6 (he is 14 when the enhancments are made):

1. Carbide ceramic ossification- advanced material grafting onto skeletal structures to make bones virtually un-breakable.

2. Muscular Enhancement Injections- protein complex is injected intramuscularly to increase tissue density and decrease lactase recovery time.

3. Catalytic Thyroid Implant- platinum pellet containing human growth hormone catalyst is implanted in the thyroid to boost skeletal and muscle tissues.

4. Occipital Capillary Reversal- submergence and boosted blood vessel flow beneath the rod's and cones of subjects retina. Produces a marked visual perception increase.

5. Superconducting Brification of Neural Dendrites- alteration of bioelectrical nerve transduction to shielded electronic transduction. Three hundred percent increase in subject reflexes

Also here is another excerpt from the book. Keep in mind this is all without their mjolnir suits and when they were only 14:

"Your Spartans can run at burts up to fifty-five kph," he explained. "Kelly can run a little faster, I think. They will only get quicker as they adjust to the alterations we've made to their bodies. They can lift three times their body weight- which, I might add, is almost double the norm due to their increased muscle density. And they can virtually see in the dark."
Dr. Hasley pondered this new data. "They shouldn't be performing so well. there must be a synergistic effect brought on by the combined modifications. What are their reaction times?"
"Almost impossible to chart. We estimate it at 20 miliseconds," Mendez replied. He shook his head then added, "I believe it's significantly faster in combat situations, when their andrenaline is pumping."

By the time the first game comes along the Chief is light years more advanced than in that excerpt through a combination of battle experience, Mark V Mjolnir and Cortana optimizing his neural pathways making him even faster and smarter.

Samus is just an ordinary girl who was trained by another race. The Chief is the most perfect genetic human being that has been advanced far beyond human through medical procedures, was trained from the age of 6 in over 3000 years of human war and tactical history by a super smart AI and is also known for having extreme luck. Yes without their suits the MC would kill Samus.

@dahuman

How can she take her suit off in SSBB then?

edit: although like I said before with her suit on Samus would win, the technology in her universe is just too advanced for the MC to defeat.

SSBB also has a dood that throws grenades and shoots missiles who wears a head band that's unable to blow a little yellow animal that calls lighting down the sky into pieces of roadkill, bad example my friend (not a main series lawl) .

I've always thought that Halo novels were BS, US people do stuff like that all the time, they have 10 different authors all dibbing into a character instead of one main author which in turn results in a ton of shit that gets so out of whack that things need a reboot every decade (AKA DC and Marvel) , there is practically 0 consistency in between the games and the novels on what the MC can do, just a huge money cow and for the suckers who spend money on them. At least things like Harry Potter are consistent, Halo and Star Wars shit, not so much. As far as I'm concerned, Joseph Staten should have written all of them, they are literally up to 5+ atm and going higher with short stories written by different people, it's just crappy literature.

Halo novels are most definitely accepted by Bungie as canon.  Where in Halo 1 or Halo 2 do you ever find out that Cortana really is created as an image of Dr. Halsey, who picked John up when he was a kid, or where in those games is it mentioned that Cortana was given a choice of which spartan to pick, and she chose John because he had good luck.  But both of those things, including the words Dr. Halsey said to John when she first met him are in the Cortana flashbacks in Halo 3.  All of these memories come straight out of the Nylund's Fall of Reach novel.  It could be argued to be crappy literature, but it is canon, unlike the Star Wars novels.

Around the Network

At all the Samus lovers:

you forget ONE very important fact:

sometimes not the strenght ort weapons decide the winner - sometimes it's just luck.

And the Master Chief has luck when he needs it!

"In the absence of the gold standard, there is no way to protect savings from confiscation through inflation. There is no safe store of value..."

Alan Greenspan, 1967

Samus wins by throwing Phazon balls at MC! Or by dropping her gunship on his head.

Well she could whoop snake's ass (and vice versa) without her suit...so saying that she has no chance without her suit is unfounded

Phobos said:
At all the Samus lovers:

you forget ONE very important fact:

sometimes not the strenght ort weapons decide the winner - sometimes it's just luck.

And the Master Chief has luck when he needs it!

I escaped the destruction of Zebes with like a twentieth of a second left on the clock. That's luck.

Anyway

The qustion is obviously about them in armor vs. armor, and for that it's got to be Samus. Not only does she have crazy powers and weapons, but she's going to be in a Team Ninja game soon. Topping that is essentially impossible.

Without armor it'd be more interested if only because Chief is basically the Terminator without his armor

Around the Network

Samus 'cause she has a face and can intimidate MC doing ugly faces, MC is just some kind of cyborg that is never shown his face 'cause it's irrelevant (what's so important about a random cyborg's face anyway?), so even the other characters don't pay attention to his face even when he shows it to them but the game camera hides it from the player....

Mendicate Bias said:
dahuman said:
Mendicate Bias said:

I haven't heard of her not being able to take her suit off, was it mentioned in the games?

So your reasoning is that you don't like novels that you have never read despite the main series novels all being best sellers and being rated as some of the best sci-fi novels available right up there with Enders Game and Ring World. Good to know that your a completely ignorant person when it comes to literature and that I should completely avoid having a civil debate with you in the future.

Please oh expert on all things Halo, tell me how are the games and novels inconsistent? And don't you dare try to say because it takes a few bullets to take down the Chief in a game, that is there for balance. Just like a simple fireball can kill Samus or a common soldier kill Snake in their games.

Her suit is nano machine based, they are inside of her body at all times, how do you take off nano machines?

We've had this discussion before, I've read at least 2 of them and skimmed through the rest, I've called it BS on this forum last year as well. I even remember you bring out the same quotes from the books! I don't follow things with fanboy blind eyes, I filter and think for myself.

To appreciate literature, the ability to comprehend sentences and core logic are both skills required, I specifically said what the MC can do, not how many bullets it takes to kill him, not to mention that Samus doesn't die to simple fireballs, and I brought up Snake because he was in SSBB with MARIO! I mean, come on now, logic, that game defies logic just like Halo novels! How can you even count that shit?

Oh please don't give me that crap. So because someone likes a critically acclaimed novel that you don't it makes them fanboys that can't comprehend sentences or logic. You have no basis for your argument, in fact the entire theme of your argument since I posted excerpts from the novel have been that of a fanboys. I don't like it hence its bad and your dumb to like it. I love how you ignore the fact that The Fall of Reach has been compared to some of the greatest Sci-Fi novels. I know people far more intelligent than you that have thoroughly enjoyed the books. Act as elitist and ignorant as you want but you clearly do not read much. If you want I can give you a few good novels to read and you can come back to me when you have actually experienced good literature.

What does a critically acclaimed novel have anything to do with the consistency to the game anyways? I've never said they were bad, just the inconsistency to the game, you need to remember that the game came out before these novels, and if I didn't know anything about Halo, I wouldn't say shit like Joe Staten should have written them all. You obviously like your Halo, you care about what the critics say, and I'm not a big fan of knocking people down for liking everything about Halo. Not when I love the MC hallowen custome to death, so that's that. Sci-Fi is also generally not good literature, but that doesn't stop me from reading them so /shrug

If anything though, I probably read too many god damn books, I even read things that I'm not interested in since I've a lot of spare time being many years out of school at this point and don't game as much as I used to. Personal attacks should be restricted on the basis of knowing the person first, not blunt guesses.

rajendra82 said:
dahuman said:
Mendicate Bias said:

The novels are canon and are used the flesh out the universe because Bungie are not fans of having long cutscenes. Even in the games if you want to get to the meat of the story you have to do extra exploring to find the terminals and audio logs. Here's an excerpt from the story. Keep in mind that Spartan 117 is the most genetically perfect human being out of a massive human population of around 20 billion and has been trained rigorously from the age of 6 (he is 14 when the enhancments are made):

1. Carbide ceramic ossification- advanced material grafting onto skeletal structures to make bones virtually un-breakable.

2. Muscular Enhancement Injections- protein complex is injected intramuscularly to increase tissue density and decrease lactase recovery time.

3. Catalytic Thyroid Implant- platinum pellet containing human growth hormone catalyst is implanted in the thyroid to boost skeletal and muscle tissues.

4. Occipital Capillary Reversal- submergence and boosted blood vessel flow beneath the rod's and cones of subjects retina. Produces a marked visual perception increase.

5. Superconducting Brification of Neural Dendrites- alteration of bioelectrical nerve transduction to shielded electronic transduction. Three hundred percent increase in subject reflexes

Also here is another excerpt from the book. Keep in mind this is all without their mjolnir suits and when they were only 14:

"Your Spartans can run at burts up to fifty-five kph," he explained. "Kelly can run a little faster, I think. They will only get quicker as they adjust to the alterations we've made to their bodies. They can lift three times their body weight- which, I might add, is almost double the norm due to their increased muscle density. And they can virtually see in the dark."
Dr. Hasley pondered this new data. "They shouldn't be performing so well. there must be a synergistic effect brought on by the combined modifications. What are their reaction times?"
"Almost impossible to chart. We estimate it at 20 miliseconds," Mendez replied. He shook his head then added, "I believe it's significantly faster in combat situations, when their andrenaline is pumping."

By the time the first game comes along the Chief is light years more advanced than in that excerpt through a combination of battle experience, Mark V Mjolnir and Cortana optimizing his neural pathways making him even faster and smarter.

Samus is just an ordinary girl who was trained by another race. The Chief is the most perfect genetic human being that has been advanced far beyond human through medical procedures, was trained from the age of 6 in over 3000 years of human war and tactical history by a super smart AI and is also known for having extreme luck. Yes without their suits the MC would kill Samus.

@dahuman

edit: although like I said before with her suit on Samus would win, the technology in her universe is just too advanced for the MC to defeat.

SSBB also has a dood that throws grenades and shoots missiles who wears a head band that's unable to blow a little yellow animal that calls lighting down the sky into pieces of roadkill, bad example my friend (not a main series lawl) .

I've always thought that Halo novels were BS, US people do stuff like that all the time, they have 10 different authors all dibbing into a character instead of one main author which in turn results in a ton of shit that gets so out of whack that things need a reboot every decade (AKA DC and Marvel) , there is practically 0 consistency in between the games and the novels on what the MC can do, just a huge money cow and for the suckers who spend money on them. At least things like Harry Potter are consistent, Halo and Star Wars shit, not so much. As far as I'm concerned, Joseph Staten should have written all of them, they are literally up to 5+ atm and going higher with short stories written by different people, it's just crappy literature.

Halo novels are most definitely accepted by Bungie as canon.  Where in Halo 1 or Halo 2 do you ever find out that Cortana really is created as an image of Dr. Halsey, who picked John up when he was a kid, or where in those games is it mentioned that Cortana was given a choice of which spartan to pick, and she chose John because he had good luck.  But both of those things, including the words Dr. Halsey said to John when she first met him are in the Cortana flashbacks in Halo 3.  All of these memories come straight out of the Nylund's Fall of Reach novel.  It could be argued to be crappy literature, but it is canon, unlike the Star Wars novels.

Yes, I understand that Bungie accepts it, and there is no reason they shouldn't, it's business, and everybody is out to make that money. It's also cool that those flash backs were in Halo 3, I'm more talking about the MC's abilities in consistency to the novel, which is uh.... yeah. Some people just get way too defensive.

This comparison is more unfair than a battle between Godzilla and a fucking Gizmo. Samus, hands down!

Now if you wanna make a FAIR comparison...

"Kirby vs Everything"

dahuman said:
Mendicate Bias said:

@dahuman

oh shit thats so true , one time i was in a discussion about goku vs superman and one guy come up with about 100 powers superman has that i have never heard of, from a force field to telequinesis it was crazy shit and at the end superman beat goku :/

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection