Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who would win Samus vs Master Chief

Who would win Samus vs Master Chief

Master Chief, eyes closed 34 16.75%

Samus, duh! 159 78.33%

Too close, IDK 9 4.43%

Total:202
radha said:
i didnt find out what his power are!

He's backed by Microsoft.  Now that's power!!

Around the Network
Mendicate Bias said:
Also without their suits MC wins hands down, he is far stronger, faster and better trained than Samus. With their suits Samus probably wins since she has much more advanced technology than the Chief.

Only you can't take the suit off samus because it's nano machine based so they arm from inside her body and self regenerate. I also don't buy the shit from the Halo novels because I've never seen Master Chief being stronger than Samus in any shape or form in the games which is where Master Chief originated from, where he's is supposed to be in his purest form.

Mendicate Bias said:
Also without their suits MC wins hands down, he is far stronger, faster and better trained than Samus. With their suits Samus probably wins since she has much more advanced technology than the Chief.

Soooo.....you've seen MC without his suit? 

Mendicate Bias said:

Wait... better trained? Samus was trained non-stop by the Chozo as a child, just as Master Chief was trained non-stop by... mere humans as a child.

Stronger and faster is subjective, but if we're talking trained by an elite human task force and trained by a genetically superior alien race, I'd take the alien race training.

The one-man army thing isn't really a factor either since Samus has fought the Space Pirate army while Master Chief has fought the Covenant army.

Currently playing: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, NBA2k11, Metal Gear Solid, Picross 3d

There are 2 factors to this debate. Both provide your answer. All you need to do is choose one of them.

1. The winner is whomever the the person likes more. Simple. End of discussion on this one. Halo has a lot of fans.

2. A little more indepth.
MC is a military operative and is created within the bounds of the Military control. Yes he's a bad ass military killer, but in no way should he be able to overcome any military limitations. As in Prime Directive 4. He is essentially a US military trained soldier to fight in war conditions.

Samus is a f'n intergalactic Bounty Hunter with so much solo experience under her belt that you might as well call her Bobba Fett of the Nintendo universe. Her arsenal is more diversified and has to use it.

If MC had a squad I'm sure he could use his allies really well. In a one on one. Well that's Samus specialty. So anyone can come up with as much whoo haa reasoning they want on weapon this, armour that. It's all secondary. The winner is who can out think the other.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

Around the Network
radha said:
^^ thanks for giving an actual reason but i used those 2 and he come up with something about master chief suit made out of some super metal and that MC is genetically made to be the best possible soldier EVAH, i guess ill wiki master chief to see what are his powers

Super Metal unable to withstand fireblast is the same as any piece of shit armor, all that suit does is shield regeneration in the actual games. Master Chief has no powers, he's just a marine dood.

d21lewis said:
Tell your friend that Samus would kill Master Chief. Tell him that she would turn into a ball, roll right up his asshole, and blow him up from the inside. Tell your friend that Master Chief wouldn't even be a tough battle for her. He would be one of the little grunts that she kills without even thinking about it. Master Chief would be lucky if she just kills him and spares his planet. Of course, nobody is that lucky. Samus once blew up a planet because some guy in a bar challenged her to an arm wrestling contest.

Don't fuck with Samus.

Holy shit.....umm...yea that about sums it up..

The novels are canon and are used the flesh out the universe because Bungie are not fans of having long cutscenes. Even in the games if you want to get to the meat of the story you have to do extra exploring to find the terminals and audio logs. Here's an excerpt from the story. Keep in mind that Spartan 117 is the most genetically perfect human being out of a massive human population of around 20 billion and has been trained rigorously from the age of 6 (he is 14 when the enhancments are made):

1. Carbide ceramic ossification- advanced material grafting onto skeletal structures to make bones virtually un-breakable.

2. Muscular Enhancement Injections- protein complex is injected intramuscularly to increase tissue density and decrease lactase recovery time.

3. Catalytic Thyroid Implant- platinum pellet containing human growth hormone catalyst is implanted in the thyroid to boost skeletal and muscle tissues.

4. Occipital Capillary Reversal- submergence and boosted blood vessel flow beneath the rod's and cones of subjects retina. Produces a marked visual perception increase.

5. Superconducting Brification of Neural Dendrites- alteration of bioelectrical nerve transduction to shielded electronic transduction. Three hundred percent increase in subject reflexes

Also here is another excerpt from the book. Keep in mind this is all without their mjolnir suits and when they were only 14:

"Your Spartans can run at burts up to fifty-five kph," he explained. "Kelly can run a little faster, I think. They will only get quicker as they adjust to the alterations we've made to their bodies. They can lift three times their body weight- which, I might add, is almost double the norm due to their increased muscle density. And they can virtually see in the dark."
Dr. Hasley pondered this new data. "They shouldn't be performing so well. there must be a synergistic effect brought on by the combined modifications. What are their reaction times?"
"Almost impossible to chart. We estimate it at 20 miliseconds," Mendez replied. He shook his head then added, "I believe it's significantly faster in combat situations, when their andrenaline is pumping."

By the time the first game comes along the Chief is light years more advanced than in that excerpt through a combination of battle experience, Mark V Mjolnir and Cortana optimizing his neural pathways making him even faster and smarter.

Samus is just an ordinary girl who was trained by another race. The Chief is the most perfect genetic human being that has been advanced far beyond human through medical procedures, was trained from the age of 6 in over 3000 years of human war and tactical history by a super smart AI and is also known for having extreme luck. Yes without their suits the MC would kill Samus.

@dahuman

How can she take her suit off in SSBB then?

edit: although like I said before with her suit on Samus would win, the technology in her universe is just too advanced for the MC to defeat.

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

Samus, I mean what would the Chief do when he's got a Metroid stuck up his ass.

Mendicate Bias said:

Without the suits Samus is much faster and speed beats power. Samus would probably jump on his shoulders and break his neck or something. Plus doesn't Master Chief only have one eye, as I recall in Halo 3 if you look in Master Chief helmet he's got a scar across one eye. He'd be at a disadvantage.