Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who would win Samus vs Master Chief

Who would win Samus vs Master Chief

Master Chief, eyes closed 34 16.75%

Samus, duh! 159 78.33%

Too close, IDK 9 4.43%

Total:202
Kyuubi Ricky SSJ2 said:
Mendicate Bias said:
Also without their suits MC wins hands down, he is far stronger, faster and better trained than Samus. With their suits Samus probably wins since she has much more advanced technology than the Chief.

Without the suits Samus is much faster and speed beats power. Samus would probably jump on his shoulders and break his neck or something. Plus doesn't Master Chief only have one eye, as I recall in Halo 3 if you look in Master Chief helmet he's got a scar across one eye. He'd be at a disadvantage. 

No he has both eyes and read my previous post if you want to get any idea of what the chief really is and why he would win.

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

Around the Network

Yeah I just read it, he's more solid than I thought. Sounds like he would win but I don't really know what Samus can fully do without the suit. I need to read the Metroid manga to find out.

Mendicate Bias said:

The novels are canon and are used the flesh out the universe because Bungie are not fans of having long cutscenes. Even in the games if you want to get to the meat of the story you have to do extra exploring to find the terminals and audio logs. Here's an excerpt from the story. Keep in mind that Spartan 117 is the most genetically perfect human being out of a massive human population of around 20 billion and has been trained rigorously from the age of 6 (he is 14 when the enhancments are made):

1. Carbide ceramic ossification- advanced material grafting onto skeletal structures to make bones virtually un-breakable.

2. Muscular Enhancement Injections- protein complex is injected intramuscularly to increase tissue density and decrease lactase recovery time.

3. Catalytic Thyroid Implant- platinum pellet containing human growth hormone catalyst is implanted in the thyroid to boost skeletal and muscle tissues.

4. Occipital Capillary Reversal- submergence and boosted blood vessel flow beneath the rod's and cones of subjects retina. Produces a marked visual perception increase.

5. Superconducting Brification of Neural Dendrites- alteration of bioelectrical nerve transduction to shielded electronic transduction. Three hundred percent increase in subject reflexes

Also here is another excerpt from the book. Keep in mind this is all without their mjolnir suits and when they were only 14:

"Your Spartans can run at burts up to fifty-five kph," he explained. "Kelly can run a little faster, I think. They will only get quicker as they adjust to the alterations we've made to their bodies. They can lift three times their body weight- which, I might add, is almost double the norm due to their increased muscle density. And they can virtually see in the dark."
Dr. Hasley pondered this new data. "They shouldn't be performing so well. there must be a synergistic effect brought on by the combined modifications. What are their reaction times?"
"Almost impossible to chart. We estimate it at 20 miliseconds," Mendez replied. He shook his head then added, "I believe it's significantly faster in combat situations, when their andrenaline is pumping."

By the time the first game comes along the Chief is light years more advanced than in that excerpt through a combination of battle experience, Mark V Mjolnir and Cortana optimizing his neural pathways making him even faster and smarter.

Samus is just an ordinary girl who was trained by another race. The Chief is the most perfect genetic human being that has been advanced far beyond human through medical procedures, was trained from the age of 6 in over 3000 years of human war and tactical history by a super smart AI and is also known for having extreme luck. Yes without their suits the MC would kill Samus.

@dahuman

How can she take her suit off in SSBB then?

edit: although like I said before with her suit on Samus would win, the technology in her universe is just too advanced for the MC to defeat.

SSBB also has a dood that throws grenades and shoots missiles who wears a head band that's unable to blow a little yellow animal that calls lighting down the sky into pieces of roadkill, bad example my friend (not a main series lawl) .

I've always thought that Halo novels were BS, US people do stuff like that all the time, they have 10 different authors all dibbing into a character instead of one main author which in turn results in a ton of shit that gets so out of whack that things need a reboot every decade (AKA DC and Marvel) , there is practically 0 consistency in between the games and the novels on what the MC can do, just a huge money cow and for the suckers who spend money on them. At least things like Harry Potter are consistent, Halo and Star Wars shit, not so much. As far as I'm concerned, Joseph Staten should have written all of them, they are literally up to 5+ atm and going higher with short stories written by different people, it's just crappy literature.

We've done this before and it was decided Samus was far superior. Far better armory and weaponry. Its really no contest.

After all, just look at the games. Master Cheif requires a team and army to defeat foes. Samus is always solo and whoops a whole species ass all on her own.

Mendicate Bias said:

The novels are canon and are used the flesh out the universe because Bungie are not fans of having long cutscenes. Even in the games if you want to get to the meat of the story you have to do extra exploring to find the terminals and audio logs. Here's an excerpt from the story. Keep in mind that Spartan 117 is the most genetically perfect human being out of a massive human population of around 20 billion and has been trained rigorously from the age of 6 (he is 14 when the enhancments are made):

1. Carbide ceramic ossification- advanced material grafting onto skeletal structures to make bones virtually un-breakable.

2. Muscular Enhancement Injections- protein complex is injected intramuscularly to increase tissue density and decrease lactase recovery time.

3. Catalytic Thyroid Implant- platinum pellet containing human growth hormone catalyst is implanted in the thyroid to boost skeletal and muscle tissues.

4. Occipital Capillary Reversal- submergence and boosted blood vessel flow beneath the rod's and cones of subjects retina. Produces a marked visual perception increase.

5. Superconducting Brification of Neural Dendrites- alteration of bioelectrical nerve transduction to shielded electronic transduction. Three hundred percent increase in subject reflexes

Also here is another excerpt from the book. Keep in mind this is all without their mjolnir suits and when they were only 14:

"Your Spartans can run at burts up to fifty-five kph," he explained. "Kelly can run a little faster, I think. They will only get quicker as they adjust to the alterations we've made to their bodies. They can lift three times their body weight- which, I might add, is almost double the norm due to their increased muscle density. And they can virtually see in the dark."
Dr. Hasley pondered this new data. "They shouldn't be performing so well. there must be a synergistic effect brought on by the combined modifications. What are their reaction times?"
"Almost impossible to chart. We estimate it at 20 miliseconds," Mendez replied. He shook his head then added, "I believe it's significantly faster in combat situations, when their andrenaline is pumping."

By the time the first game comes along the Chief is light years more advanced than in that excerpt through a combination of battle experience, Mark V Mjolnir and Cortana optimizing his neural pathways making him even faster and smarter.

Samus is just an ordinary girl who was trained by another race. The Chief is the most perfect genetic human being that has been advanced far beyond human through medical procedures, was trained from the age of 6 in over 3000 years of human war and tactical history by a super smart AI and is also known for having extreme luck. Yes without their suits the MC would kill Samus.

@dahuman

edit: although like I said before with her suit on Samus would win, the technology in her universe is just too advanced for the MC to defeat.

that speed is with the 1 ton suit on right? so without it  he would be able to go at speeds o what 300 500 kmph per hour?

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
radha said:
i didnt find out what his power are!

He's backed by Microsoft.  Now that's power!!

LOL

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

Pretty easy choice Samus

dahuman said:
Mendicate Bias said:

@dahuman

SSBB also has a dood that throws grenades and shoots missiles who wears a head band that's unable to blow a little yellow animal that calls lighting down the sky into pieces of roadkill, bad example my friend (not a main series lawl) .

I've always thought that Halo novels were BS, US people do stuff like that all the time, they have 10 different authors all dibbing into a character instead of one main author which in turn results in a ton of shit that gets so out of whack that things need a reboot every decade (AKA DC and Marvel) , there is practically 0 consistency in between the games and the novels on what the MC can do, just a huge money cow and for the suckers who spend money on them. At least things like Harry Potter are consistent, Halo and Star Wars shit, not so much. As far as I'm concerned, Joseph Staten should have written all of them, they are literally up to 5+ atm and going higher with short stories written by different people, it's just crappy literature.

I haven't heard of her not being able to take her suit off, was it mentioned in the games?

So your reasoning is that you don't like novels that you have never read despite the main series novels all being best sellers and being rated as some of the best sci-fi novels available right up there with Enders Game and Ring World. Good to know that your a completely ignorant person when it comes to literature and that I should completely avoid having a civil debate with you in the future.

Please oh expert on all things Halo, tell me how are the games and novels inconsistent? And don't you dare try to say because it takes a few bullets to take down the Chief in a game, that is there for balance. Just like a simple fireball can kill Samus or a common soldier kill Snake in their games.

Mendicate Bias said:
dahuman said:
Mendicate Bias said:

@dahuman

I haven't heard of her not being able to take her suit off, was it mentioned in the games?

So your reasoning is that you don't like novels that you have never read despite the main series novels all being best sellers and being rated as some of the best sci-fi novels available right up there with Enders Game and Ring World. Good to know that your a completely ignorant person when it comes to literature and that I should completely avoid having a civil debate with you in the future.

Please oh expert on all things Halo, tell me how are the games and novels inconsistent? And don't you dare try to say because it takes a few bullets to take down the Chief in a game, that is there for balance. Just like a simple fireball can kill Samus or a common soldier kill Snake in their games.

Her suit is nano machine based, they are inside of her body at all times, how do you take off nano machines?

We've had this discussion before, I've read at least 2 of them and skimmed through the rest, I've called it BS on this forum last year as well. I even remember you bring out the same quotes from the books! I don't follow things with fanboy blind eyes, I filter and think for myself.

To appreciate literature, the ability to comprehend sentences and core logic are both skills required, I specifically said what the MC can do, not how many bullets it takes to kill him, not to mention that Samus doesn't die to simple fireballs, and I brought up Snake because he was in SSBB with MARIO! I mean, come on now, logic, that game defies logic just like Halo novels! How can you even count that shit?

dahuman said:
Mendicate Bias said:

Her suit is nano machine based, they are inside of her body at all times, how do you take off nano machines?

We've had this discussion before, I've read at least 2 of them and skimmed through the rest, I've called it BS on this forum last year as well. I even remember you bring out the same quotes from the books! I don't follow things with fanboy blind eyes, I filter and think for myself.

To appreciate literature, the ability to comprehend sentences and core logic are both skills required, I specifically said what the MC can do, not how many bullets it takes to kill him, not to mention that Samus doesn't die to simple fireballs, and I brought up Snake because he was in SSBB with MARIO! I mean, come on now, logic, that game defies logic just like Halo novels! How can you even count that shit?

Oh please don't give me that crap. So because someone likes a critically acclaimed novel that you don't it makes them fanboys that can't comprehend sentences or logic. You have no basis for your argument, in fact the entire theme of your argument since I posted excerpts from the novel have been that of a fanboys. I don't like it hence its bad and your dumb to like it. I love how you ignore the fact that The Fall of Reach has been compared to some of the greatest Sci-Fi novels. I know people far more intelligent than you that have thoroughly enjoyed the books. Act as elitist and ignorant as you want but you clearly do not read much. If you want I can give you a few good novels to read and you can come back to me when you have actually experienced good literature.